Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    If y'all are discussing movies then watch The Maze Runner (I'm reading the book atm :awesome:)

I watched The Fault In Our Stars the other week, think that's a bit overrated
    I watched it the day it came out But being surrounded by 12 year-olds gasping and saying "oh my god! Look!" at basically everything, I missed out a lot of the film Both books are amazing though!

ReputationRep:
    I just had my sixth form open evening and I'm so motivated! Really happy about this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    Same! French was so much more popular at GCSE here, so I guess that's why.
    In my year only 24 people took German, 32 French and 29 Spanish Loads of people hate the language, and I don't think anyones taking French a level pahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    Northern Ireland
    Oh I see, so the 100 closed schools are for the whole of Northern Ireland?

ReputationRep:
    Mocks starting tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    Mocks starting tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck! You'll do great :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphorical)
    hey. im currently in year 11 and also studying latin! i did level 1 latin last year and got an A*. in your opinion, did you think level 2 was harder? i mean, did your grades from both levels differ hugely? i know the content is much more advanced.
    I don't recall doing levels, or we didn't call them levels...are you doing ocr? We did 4 papers language 1 and 2, prose and sources. If you mean language papers 1 and 2 as level 1 and 2, then no they weren't that different. I just remember paper 1 being super easy and 2 being not that much harder ^_^ Just make sure you don't skip over learning the trickier nouns and more obscure forms of verbs (e,g, feri -> tuli) bc it sucks when that one word comes up in a translation which you can't rememer :') I found Latin generally one of my best subjects, but you sound like you're really good so don't worry (I got a*s in all the papers if you were interested). Good luck! Hope I helped, even though I dont remember much from GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    had a sixth form assesmbly wasnt happy with my some mock grades and cried when i got no decdnt explanation cos i revised soo hard. stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    had a sixth form assesmbly wasnt happy with my some mock grades and cried when i got no decdnt explanation cos i revised soo hard. stress.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't you asked them during parent's evening or after school?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Oh I see, so the 100 closed schools are for the whole of Northern Ireland?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    Yeah
    I was gonna say :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Had my mock results day 'envelope moment' today, got 6A*s, 5As and 1B. Overall I'm pretty pleased considering I only revised for things quickly the night before, but I'm pretty disappointed about the B as it's in maths which I'm doing for A level and is normally one of my stronger subjects which I should really be getting A/A* for. I was pretty upset and frustrated because I feel like I really didn't do myself justice and I have to admit I'm pretty gutted about that However, I do think it was just a lack of revision and practice and I know that's something I need to concentrate my revision on now I'd like to get at least 7A*s 5As in the summer though, so I'm hoping that my mock results show that's achievable

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    [What are your other subjects? No, but am doing GCSE PE Short Course
    Chose Physics, Product Design and Maths so far, not feeling doing extra maths because only just scraping an A in it at GCSE......
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    got my mock results today
    -opens envelope-

1B, 2C's, 1D, 1E, 1F and 1G.

its safe to say i didn't do THAT well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    In my year only 24 people took German, 32 French and 29 Spanish Loads of people hate the language, and I don't think anyones taking French a level pahahah
    Haha, lucky to get a choice of three languages though! I discovered another prospective German student for next year, although it looks like they'll be two French classes!

ReputationRep:
    Now having serious doubts over my sixth form choice:confused: Out of interest, how many of you would move schools if an amazing subject teacher was also moving to said school?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Now having serious doubts over my sixth form choice:confused: Out of interest, how many of you would move schools if an amazing subject teacher was also moving to said school?
    I wouldn't move just for one teacher

ReputationRep:
    Haha, lucky to get a choice of three languages though! I discovered another prospective German student for next year, although it looks like they'll be two French classes!
    I am one of approximately four people in my area taking A level Chinese. My school is, I think, the only one doing it anywhere near me. I feel kinda lonely lol, I can relate to how you feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    Can't you asked them during parent's evening or after school?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar
    nopee i cant he already did and just wont budge and plus they get sent off by then it isnt too bad bt sad because i revised hard for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I am one of approximately four people in my area taking A level Chinese. My school is, I think, the only one doing it anywhere near me. I feel kinda lonely lol, I can relate to how you feel
    Chinese!? Now I feel deprived of languages, we don't even do Spanish.

Yeah, so do I, none of my friends are taking German - a few French, I guess. The problems with taking the more 'unusual' languages

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.