The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Shed End
Best pundit on the BBC imo is Kevin Kilbane - s****e player but easily more knowledgeable than the rest of their usual pundits combined imo - good co-commentator as well.

Redknapp was an average player and is an average pundit, speaks far too much as if what he says is fact rather than opinion.

Couldn't agree more.

Kilbane is surprisingly good and much better than merely MOTD2.
I actually think Murphy knows what he's talking about too; he isn't exceptional but he's gets the job done.

Carragher and Neville are quality in my opinion and Redknapp is too up and down.

The less we say about Owen, the better....
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
I assume all of the Arsenal fans will be traveling up to Manchester on the train.

Alongside all of the United fans.

Should be great banter on the way back home when we beat you then :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
Are there really season ticket holders who travel that long a distance to watch their team play at home?

The hardcore season ticket holders will follow thier club all over the country and even the continent. Have to admire thier commitment. I only go to 6/7 United league games a season whereas my older cousins and uncles go on a weekly basis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Henry > them all.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Should be great banter on the way back home when we beat you then :ahee: Posted from TSR Mobile

Sad, but probably true.

Original post by Stalin
Henry > them all.

He's probably the most intelligent, he just needs practice.
the real question is: how the **** do the 'hardcore season ticket holders' have the time and money to go to all these games? :holmes:
Agree with the time point. Money isn't that much of a problem for them but yeah it takes a whole day of your weekend essentially.
Original post by sevchenko
Is anybody going to the match, Utd or Arsenal fans?

if I had someone to go with, I would..

Tickets still avaliable are not unreasonable price from what I can see online, and its only 1 hour on the train from where I live..

Could have taken the wife if she was not away...

none of my friends around this part are into football, but it feels like this is my last proper chance to see an arsenal game, as I am moving back to bristol soon, so unless they get promoted a few devisions, its unlikely I will be this close to an asrenal game for a while..

Very tempted now actually.. could leave after I finish work, hop on the train, be back before the last train leaves, all in all around £100 for everything.. hmmmm,
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Yeah I'm going :smile:

Not sure why tbh

Original post by sevchenko

Ah good stuff, I'm at block E231, row 21.

Original post by Depleted
Yeah. Longside upper tier.

So...does this mean....a meet up? :ahee:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
So...does this mean....a meet up? :ahee:

Thirsty.

What I'm really looking forward to is Zurichs appearance on AFTV if we somehow win...
Original post by fallen_acorns
x

You're based in Liverpool right?
Original post by shawn_o1
Are there really season ticket holders who travel that long a distance to watch their team play at home?

Yeh some of my family do. My aunt & uncle relocated from Manchester to Kent many years ago, yet they still have season tickets. They commute up to every home game and stay in a hotel for the night. Another uncle has recently moved back to the UK from Dubai and he is doing the same thing, commuting from the Midlands every week.

They're both born and bred Mancunians before any 'glory hunter' accusations get thrown about.

Original post by Basiji
the real question is: how the **** do the 'hardcore season ticket holders' have the time and money to go to all these games? :holmes:

It isn't hard if you have a standard 9-5 job which pays a decent wage. Weekends off and for midweek aways you just take the hit the following morning, or show up as late as possible (a lot of places are flexible on start time as long as you're in for core hours). Alternatively there are a lot of teenagers who still live at home, so whatever they'd pay in rent just goes on funding matches.
Original post by Dr. Django
Thirsty.

What I'm really looking forward to is Zurichs appearance on AFTV if we somehow win...

Hahahaha :tongue:

Can't believe the game's on Monday though. That's too long a wait ngl.
Going to wear some proper gear for the trip. TAG Heuer watch, Hugo Boss shirt, All saints trench coat etc.

Reaction of the locals when they spot the London boy in town:

Swear every Manc has appropriated the ''reto Britpop style'' these days. Actually not reto, they never stopped wearing those hideous tracksuits.

(edited 9 years ago)
Is Zurich in a constant state of drunkness?
^ It's hard to tell
ngl the Red Army would tear him a new one.
Reply 3517
I'm gonna predict a Utd win after the ref lets them get away with murder - the kind of game where Utd will tackle heavily, the ref will let it go for half an hour, then after he finally books one of their players he immediately books an Arsenal player for some half-offence to "even things up".

Add in a penalty and red card not given and we're golden - see Jagielka from Everton and Henry from QPR.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Going to wear some proper gear for the trip. TAG Heuer watch, Hugo Boss shirt, All saints trench coat etc.

Reaction of the locals when they spot the London boy in town:

Swear every Manc has appropriated the ''reto Britpop style'' these days. Actually not reto, they never stopped wearing those hideous tracksuits.

Mate be careful, Manchester is a dangerous place, you don't want to get mugged :redface:
Original post by EddyP
I'm gonna predict a Utd win after the ref lets them get away with murder - the kind of game where Utd will tackle heavily, the ref will let it go for half an hour, then after he finally books one of their players he immediately books an Arsenal player for some half-offence to "even things up".

Add in a penalty and red card not given and we're golden - see Jagielka from Everton and Henry from QPR.

That'd make us even after Wilshere stayed on the pitch despite headbutting the helpless Fellaini.

Latest