Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRP)
    How long after submission do you usually get the Citi tests? Roughly?
    Submitted on the weekend for IBD summer and received Monday but previous cycle it took 2 weeks if that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Got rejected last night for Off-Cycle, they didn't give a reason but my suspicion is TalentQ. Got through to AC last year. Took about two weeks overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sorry to hear that mate, stay motivated and keep going, I'm sure your hardwork will pay off eventually

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected last night for Off-Cycle, they didn't give a reason but my suspicion is TalentQ. Got through to AC last year. Took about two weeks overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    da*** wow, sorry to hear that man, but dw sure u will get something in the end, its a numbers game + luck really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckyfellow)
    Rothschild or UBS for M&A?
    Very different cultures, types of deals and rotation programmes. It's not as simple as rep vs rep.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received the below from RBC and what does that mean? That I have passed the tests?

"Thank you for your application for the RBC Capital Markets 2017 Summer Intern - Global Investment Banking Programme.

We have now reviewed your application, and you are now under consideration for a first round telephone interview. Should you be successful in securing a telephone interview, this will likely take place during the next 4 – 6 weeks.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience. We have received a large volume of applications this year and as a result, and will endeavor to keep you updated as soon as there is any change to your application status.

Kind regards,

The Campus TeamRoyal Bank of Canada, London"

ReputationRep:
    Does Nomura and UBS not provide AM internships? Or they'll open later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ox2018)
    Has anyone received the below from RBC and what does that mean? That I have passed the tests?

"Thank you for your application for the RBC Capital Markets 2017 Summer Intern - Global Investment Banking Programme.

We have now reviewed your application, and you are now under consideration for a first round telephone interview. Should you be successful in securing a telephone interview, this will likely take place during the next 4 – 6 weeks.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience. We have received a large volume of applications this year and as a result, and will endeavor to keep you updated as soon as there is any change to your application status.

Kind regards,

The Campus TeamRoyal Bank of Canada, London"
    It means you've passed the tests. I got this ages ago and not heard anything yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how long it usually takes BNP to reject people post tests?

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard back from JPM or Credit Suisse for Asset Management?

ReputationRep:
    It means you've passed the tests. I got this ages ago and not heard anything yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers boss!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an RBC interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    Does Morgan Stanley recruit on a rolling basis for IBD?

ReputationRep:
    Just received a rejection email from Citi.

Is it because i failed the test - the email mentions nothing about the test.

I also NEVER received an email stating i passed the test either. So confused why i was rejected.

Anyone who failed the citi test did you get a rejection email mentioning about testing?

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone on the thread who's applied for Citi CMO over IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monderier)
    Does Nomura and UBS not provide AM internships? Or they'll open later?
    It's end of September, if something ain't open, it's safe to assume it won't open I would say

ReputationRep:
    just got this from JPM
    "Thank you for your application to the 2017 Markets Summer Analyst Program at J.P. Morgan!
    Please note that your application is in the process of being screened and is still under review. Given the large volumes and our dedication to screening every application, we’re not able to provide a timeline, but, once a decision is made regarding your candidacy, we will update you.
    "Still don't understand whats going to happen without testing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloSh19)
    just got this from JPM
    "Thank you for your application to the 2017 Markets Summer Analyst Program at J.P. Morgan!
    Please note that your application is in the process of being screened and is still under review. Given the large volumes and our dedication to screening every application, we’re not able to provide a timeline, but, once a decision is made regarding your candidacy, we will update you.
    Yeah a lot of people have got that over the past few weeks. J.P. Morgan do not do psychometric tests. I assume we will hear about first-round interviews within the next few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    Just received a rejection email from Citi.

Is it because i failed the test - the email mentions nothing about the test.

I also NEVER received an email stating i passed the test either. So confused why i was rejected.

Anyone who failed the citi test did you get a rejection email mentioning about testing?
    When did you do the test? Monday morning? You probably failed it unfortunately - providing everything else with you application was good I cant see any other reason.. Sorry to hear.. Best of luck with the rest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloSh19)
    just got this from JPM
    It's literally just a message saying to wait and they will let you know whenever they decided (there is nothing to read into, means nothing, everyone gets it)

ReputationRep:
    Last year Citi would send emails confirming that you've passed the test for those wondering.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.