Someone is wrong on the internet.
Hahahahaha :suith:
Slumpy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hathlan)
A real shiny turd. Quit it. Go and lurk on four chan or something LIKE THE REPTILE YOU ARE
Is it just me that misses the proper expression for this insult? I think normally in the phrase 'I dont give a..'. Just me then?
And hey, 4chan is teh cool!
Simplicity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by majikthise)
It's a perfectly valid method if it puts you on the right track. Knowing the answer before you dive into epsilons and deltas to prove it can be useful.
Well, isn't it wrong for like 99% of cases.

As you assuming that N is small, so like say if N was like 10^10^10^10, then puting n=100, would normally be wrong. As you need n>N.

P.S. Okay, I guess that is a extreme example.
elsa_89
Badges: 1
Report 8 years ago
Not being a sub and thus not being able to see who repped me sucks. Thanks to whoever it was (Hattie?).
Hathlan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Slumpy)
Is it just me that misses the proper expression for this insult? I think normally in the phrase 'I dont give a..'. Just me then?
And hey, 4chan is teh cool!
I don't give a reptile.

Yeah, but tsr is for fluffy niceness and mutual masturbation. :fluffy: Not being a douche to other people FOR TEH LULZ.
majikthise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
Well, isn't it wrong for like 99% of cases.

As you assuming that N is small, so like say if N was like 10^10^10^10, then puting n=100, would normally be wrong. As you need n>N.

P.S. Okay, I guess that is a extreme example.
My point was more a general one of getting to intuitively know and understand a problem in a handwavey fashion before doing it rigorously. If you don't immediately know the limit of something but can clearly see it's relatively well behaved (doesn't jump around lots) past low n- this is obvious in many cases- then plugging in high values of n will certainly give you the right goal to aim for.
Hathlan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by elsa_89)
Not being a sub and thus not being able to see who repped me sucks. Thanks to whoever it was (Hattie?).
Nope, I repped you too recently. :lovedup2: I think we all appreciate the peace making efforts, tbh. There's not enough love in this place.
Slumpy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't give a reptile.

Yeah, but tsr is for fluffy niceness and mutual masturbation. :fluffy: Not being a douche to other people FOR TEH LULZ.
That wasn't the one I meant
There's a mutual masturbation part of TSR? Where?:sexface:

Am now so anti-revision that I'm iplayering the snooker. Safe to say motivation is dead now.
Hathlan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Christ, I think I've gone soft. Deep down I hate you all.
Slumpy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Deep down the world hates you too. Possibly on the surface too!
Hathlan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That wasn't the one I meant
There's a mutual masturbation part of TSR? Where?:sexface:

Am now so anti-revision that I'm iplayering the snooker. Safe to say motivation is dead now.
You should post in maths, people will tell you "you're so clever!!!11" for taking a dump.

Revision :rip:

Why is snooker interesting? Again, this lack of understanding may be to do with the testicles thing.
Simplicity
Rep:
?
(Original post by majikthise)
My point was more a general one of getting to intuitively know and understand a problem in a handwavey fashion before doing it rigorously. If you don't immediately know the limit of something but can clearly see it's relatively well behaved (doesn't jump around lots) past low n- this is obvious in many cases- then plugging in high values of n will certainly give you the right goal to aim for.
In a way, surely the point of analysis is not to do that, as if you look at it historically. Also, you are sort of messed up if its not well behaved.

You should post in maths, people will tell you "you're so clever!!!11" for taking a dump.

Revision

Why is snooker interesting? Again, this lack of understanding may be to do with the testicles thing
I have stopped going in there. Its like looking at a a level question and I'm like are you dumb? as that bloody easy.

P.S. I guess we where all once noobs, and yeah.
Slumpy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Revision :rip:

Why is snooker interesting? Again, this lack of understanding may be to do with the testicles thing.
I sometimes do. Nobody ever tells me I'm clever. Even when I try and do the whole question for them!!

Yeah, a lot like that. But hey, I've got till my birthday to revise¬¬

It's not, that's the level to which I've sunk. But yeah, maybe the testicles help..
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
With the maths forums, the only thing I ever post is "show us your working?" Though once, I corrected DFranklin on addition/typo. I felt so cool.

I've just done a past paper which we've already gone through in lectures and I didn't remember or understand it. Gaaaah.

The waistcoats?
Slumpy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by assmaster)
With the maths forums, the only thing I ever post is "show us your working?" Though once, I corrected DFranklin on addition/typo. I felt so cool.

I've just done a past paper which we've already gone through in lectures and I didn't remember or understand it. Gaaaah.

The waistcoats?
I think I did that once, it's awesome.

Yeah, I tried to do a question in a past paper from a similar one in my notes. Then I remembered I'd been bluffing it at the time, and got away with it...

The waistcoats aren't as snazzy as hitting stuff with a stick:p:
Simplicity
Rep:
?
I sometimes do. Nobody ever tells me I'm clever. Even when I try and do the whole question for them!!

Yeah, a lot like that. But hey, I've got till my birthday to revise¬¬

It's not, that's the level to which I've sunk. But yeah, maybe the testicles help..
Strangely enough me too. Even when you do the bloody question for them. The worst was a very rude person was asking for the solution, but yeah no one would post the whole thing and yeah he was getting angry.

When your birthday? mine is may 11th. Birthday problem heavily suggest we might have the same birthday.

Testicles thing. I once thought I had testicular cancer, but I didn't.
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The waistcoats aren't as snazzy as hitting stuff with a stick:p:
I miss WWE (then called WWF). STEEL CHAIR
It's the only sport, except rugby, I can watch without falling asleep. I mean, golf and cricket? Who watches a DAY of what is (as far as I can tell) just some men standing around?

I just did my postal vote
Slumpy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
When your birthday? mine is may 11th. Birthday problem heavily suggest we might have the same birthday.
June:p:

(Original post by assmaster)
I miss WWE (then called WWF). STEEL CHAIR
It's the only sport, except rugby, I can watch without falling asleep. I mean, golf and cricket? Who watches a DAY of what is (as far as I can tell) just some men standing around?
Yeah, it's pretty cool. Boxing too. UFC's alright, but there's too much hugging, or just standing out of each other's reach for my liking.
Um..I only ever watch highlights, so I can tell what's happened. They're all pretty good for if it's late and I can't sleep though. Darts and snooker are my mainstays there!
elsa_89
Report 8 years ago
I like snooker. Is that Australian dude with peroxide blonde hair still playing? He once won a trophy when he beat Jamie Cope (this was the last time I properly watched Snooker ).
assmaster
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, it's pretty cool. Boxing too. UFC's alright, but there's too much hugging, or just standing out of each other's reach for my liking.
Um..I only ever watch highlights, so I can tell what's happened. They're all pretty good for if it's late and I can't sleep though. Darts and snooker are my mainstays there!
My mum has Simp's birthday.
I am procrastinating so badly. Has everyone seen this article about a man dying from an eel being shoved in his butt?
(I know it's The Sun, DON'T JUDGE)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.93%
No - but I will (4)
3.45%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.31%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (63)
54.31%

Watched Threads