Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Omg that looks really good. Wish I could go but have a compulsory first aid course that day.
    lame
    Compulsory on a Saturday?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Is playing the Wii a valuable substitute for revision?

I think so.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20108147

Maybe not at your level...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehotchocolate)
    No, not on student parliament - no time for that. We just had our plenary attendance lecture (to which the lecturer was 30 mins late) and it was covered in that.
    Haha that sounds so much more interesting than our attendance lecture!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20108147

Maybe not at your level...
    Maybe I should start considering a surgical career :P

ReputationRep:
    Progress Testing today was utter rubbish. It was literally like doing 120 (short-ish) pbls in 2h 40 mins. I gave up after the 15th or so question (partly because I knew nothing at all) and just didn't bother attempting to do them properly anymore - had tons and tons of revision to do so I thought I'd pick answers at random , leave early and then focus on that first. Exams are in just 20 days!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    To continue the oh **** theme, had my abdo examining ripped apart by my consultant today, not a great start to a new firm. There's so much to learn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Omg that looks really good. Wish I could go but have a compulsory first aid course that day.
    lame
    that is really lame, sort it out philosorapto! :P and as Becca-Sarah rightly said, compulsory on a Saturday?!

we are hoping to run it as an annual event so there is always next year!

ReputationRep:
    had progress test today
    multiple guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malaz_197)
    that is really lame, sort it out philosorapto! :P and as Becca-Sarah rightly said, compulsory on a Saturday?!

we are hoping to run it as an annual event so there is always next year!
    It's a project I do voluntarily but as such this is compulsory.

ReputationRep:
    St George's have given me permission to go to King's! All that worrying for nothing. When will I ever learn? :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Have managed to find a brief release from final exam fear!

Was just wondering how everyone felt about these online question banks and as to whether or not good performance on them correlates to a good performance in actual finals exams.

So, does anyone know well pastest and onexamination stack up to actual finals, and if they do actually predict written finals performance?

Ta,

TLP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    St George's have given me permission to go to King's! All that worrying for nothing. When will I ever learn? :o:
    Best of luck convincing Student Finance that you're not dropping out of uni... I just got off the phone to them. You know it's gonna be a useful call when they ask what an MBChB is :facepalm: In summary, the advice is to fill out the online app as if you're staying at George's, then send in a paper application with the King's course details and a covering letter teaching them what an intercalated degree is :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Best of luck convincing Student Finance that you're not dropping out of uni... I just got off the phone to them. You know it's gonna be a useful call when they ask what an MBChB is :facepalm: In summary, the advice is to fill out the online app as if you're staying at George's, then send in a paper application with the King's course details and a covering letter teaching them what an intercalated degree is :rolleyes:
    Ah great, another barrier. Did you pick Imperial or Barts in the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Ah great, another barrier. Did you pick Imperial or Barts in the end?
    Barts, just posted my acceptance letter this evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Barts, just posted my acceptance letter this evening.
    I guess I'll be bumping into you at some point next year... :ninja:

Also whats different about this student finance form as opposed to previous ones? I just treated the iBSc year as my third year on the form - is that wrong? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    I guess I'll be bumping into you at some point next year... :ninja:

Also whats different about this student finance form as opposed to previous ones? I just treated the iBSc year as my third year on the form - is that wrong? :eek:
    You're still at Barts. It's a lot of hassle to sort out when you're going externally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Hi everyone,

Have managed to find a brief release from final exam fear!

Was just wondering how everyone felt about these online question banks and as to whether or not good performance on them correlates to a good performance in actual finals exams.

So, does anyone know well pastest and onexamination stack up to actual finals, and if they do actually predict written finals performance?

Ta,

TLP
    Check with people at your university. At UCL they are not at all like our exams questions and people in previous years people have told me not to do them. That said you might have great feedback from friends in the year above at your university. I would suggest you make sure first.

My only advice would be to try and concentrate on basics. It seems very few fail on the written exams here so I am trying not to worry about my knowledge as much. I tend to have a SBA question book but it is very difficult. There is so much to cover so I would suggest you spend time learning and do a few SBAs. If you do the other way round does not work and especially if you are short on time you tend to start focusing on silly areas by doing too many SBAs. I have stopped doing lots of SBAs as it was not really helping me much.

I myself have started teddy time and we have started working through examinations at the moment. I make up a disease and then present it to a teddy examiner. I know this makes me sound like a retard to some but I need to be practising so I can perform in the exam. I am a very practical person and I like things very clear and simple so this works for me. Also try and meet my friends and go through OSCEs once a week but we might up this near the exams.

Good luck with it.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting case, - young man, early 20s, previously fit and well presents came to ED complaining of palpitations, he was in fast AF. Just got off the plane after a long haul flight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Interesting case, - young man, early 20s, previously fit and well presents came to ED complaining of palpitations, he was in fast AF. Just got off the plane after a long haul flight...
    Embolus of some form? E.g. pulmonary

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.