Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    if was on £300k/week at Arsenal, I'd live in a luxury flat in Hampstead.

Flats are just better than houses imho
    I like top apartments tbf. There's so much more space in the living room. Parties seem easier to do as well.

If I had a top quality flat I'd take that over a very good house. Unless I get a mansion/ridiculous plot of land ofc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    why do you think so?
    Flat=20/30 something man about town, very easy to fill up with a small amount of luxury stuff to make look epic.
    House=old man stuck in one place, wondering when the plumber is going round every other week

If you think about the amount of space you actually use in your home, a flat is actually no less practical.

You can also get flats in epic locations on major high streets etc which is cool imo. Imagine having a flat on High St Ken or something :teeth:

(Original post by jam278)
    I like top apartments tbf. There's so much more space in the living room. Parties seem easier to do as well.

If I had a top quality flat I'd take that over a very good house. Unless I get a mansion/ridiculous plot of land ofc.

Yeah that's it, with a flat your life is such neater and together. Invite a few friends around and have a blast, rather than having people wandering around your pointlessly big house.

ReputationRep:
    ah you city people..

Cant think of anything worse then a flat above a high-street..

Give me an old house in the countryside, massive garden, nice town somewhere not to big, not to small.. easy route to a city if needed..

Perfect

ReputationRep:
    My dad bought a two bedroom apartment in North London for about £2,000 in the 70s which is ridiculous considering the average annual salary was higher than that in those days. The property market today is ****ed up anyway, and most of us graduates are basically ****ed in the ****ing arse now. If you want a two-bedroom, luxury apartment in any of the nicer areas of London you're looking to shell out at least £250,000+ whilst earning an average salary of about £25,000 before tax, living expenses, travel, etc. Its difficult to get and unless you want to spend £300-500+ p/w renting its pointless imo.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Just give me a place with a swimming pool, an internet connection and a zombie bunker and I am happy.

ReputationRep:
    Steve Parish is so dumb he'll regret this. Why didn't he just back Tony Pulis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Steve Parish is so dumb he'll regret this. Why didn't he just back Tony Pulis?
    Its over transfers. Pulis feels he isn't getting the money to fund the players he wants. Parish wants Zaha, Pulis doesn't and wants to spend money elsewhere. Skepticism of Pulis' targets are understandable to a degree, as he has a history of really misusing funds in the transfer market, but it doesn't really justify the lack of freedom he is getting.

Pulis is a stubborn manager, really. Its not surprising these two clashed. Funnily enough, its not so bad for Pulis because we know that three, maybe even four mid-table, lower-table PL managers will be sacked mid-way and he'll be front runner for a more attractive team as soon as that happens.

ReputationRep:
    If someone mentions Tony Pulis record of never being relegated one more times I will tear my ******* ear drums out. It's SO frickin annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    If someone mentions Tony Pulis record of never being relegated one more times I will tear my ******* ear drums out. It's SO frickin annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wenger's never been relegated either. GOAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    wenger's never been relegated either. GOAT.
    Neither has Moyes. But Moyes has also been promoted in England.

So Moyes> Wenger

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

So Moyes> Wenger

Posted from TSR Mobile
    but wenger sold adebayor for 25 m

moyes on the other hand bough fellaini... twice.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    With all of this talk of strikers, may I point something out: Wenger has had over 1000 games for Arsenal, and never scored.

It is clear what must be done. Wenger out.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not srs for anyone who is confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

So Moyes> Wenger

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok then ... Biggest load of toss ever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am hearing Cavani rumours, for big money. I hope it is not true, I don't rate him. CDM is more of an important matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I am hearing Cavani rumours, for big money. I hope it is not true, I don't rate him. CDM is more of an important matter.
    no reliable sources, none at all.
    i'm sure you're interested, but i would seem very odd for wenger to spend 50m on cavani when he still needs to secure a defensive player

you've already spent a "fair" bit this window - i of course expect you to have money left, but i wouldn't expect you to go big for cavani.
    if you do though, the rest of us are screwed :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    no reliable sources, none at all.
    i'm sure you're interested, but i would seem very odd for wenger to spend 50m on cavani when he still needs to secure a defensive player

you've already spent a "fair" bit this window - i of course expect you to have money left, but i wouldn't expect you to go big for cavani.
    if you do though, the rest of us are screwed :/
    Cavani is an overrated troll. If we get him, I would maintain this position until he wins us a title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Cavani is an overrated troll. If we get him, I would maintain this position until he wins us a title.
    fair enough, your own opinion on a player is allowed.
    however i disagree - that guy would do wonders at arsenal.

i'm not gonna go in to details of his scoring record because i'm sure you've heard it all over the last few weeks
    but he still performs at a high standard even when not playing in his primary position; it would cost a great deal however if you secured a quality DM and bought cavani, i'd place a bet on you for the league.

ReputationRep:
    just seen the pulis news.

if i were an arsenal fan, i'd be really happy.
    you were gonna win anyway but palace without pulis will make this a ridiculously easy game for you guys.

never want to see a quality manager lose his job, but i'm not worried for him - he'll have offers all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    cavani - DM - Defender

Would be a 10/10 window for me..

Cant believe it would ever happen though

Most likely:

Tiote - Uknown CB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    cavani - DM - Defender

Would be a 10/10 window for me..

Cant believe it would ever happen though

Most likely:

Tiote - Uknown CB
    Theres no chance we'd go for tiote

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.