Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here applying for Birmingham and got a 3rd email saying they are still reviewing your application ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine1193)
    Is anyone here applying for Birmingham and got a 3rd email saying they are still reviewing your application ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only got 1 generic email about a week or two ago. What do your emails actually say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emidj)
    Im a fellow arts (soon to be) graduate! I'm in my final year of a music degree and will also be taking a year out in order to get myself up to scratch for medical school applications. Im very very nervous about the GAMSAT as i only have one science a-level and like you its been a few years! I have heard the Gold Standard GAMSAT book is very good for revision but it is also very expensive!

Hey I have the gold standard book that I am willing to sell for £60 (+p&p). I won't be selling it with the practice tests though cause they have my personal details all over it! Annoyingly I've listed it on eBay twice and it hasnt sold. I barely used it so it's in great condition.

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone heard back from kcl or barts and when can we expect to hear back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xertyl)
    Hey has anyone heard back from kcl or barts and when can we expect to hear back?
    Nope. I reckon we'll have to wait until around mid-December time until interviews start coming out!

ReputationRep:
    I hate waiting... I think looking on this forum has made me even more impatient!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scitea)
    I hate waiting... I think looking on this forum has made me even more impatient!!
    I completely agree! The weekend was a nice respite (ish...) as I knew nothing would come through, but now I'm back to having small heart attacks everytime I get an email! And I'm fueling the paranoia reading about other people's applications too

ReputationRep:
    Arrived home to this:

*letter stamped University of Oxford* (Picture isn't working sorry)

OMG OMG OMG Is it an interview???

But wait... Interviews are not released until next month.

Rejected??! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

But wait, it feels bulky and like there is more than a letter inside. Interview? Maybe they are sending them early?

Hands shaking, hyperventilating, I can't take it...

Spoiler:
    Show

Alumni card. Welcome to the Oxford alumni community.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh Screw you Oxford I graduated over a year ago MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    Arrived home to this:

Attachment 478005

OMG OMG OMG Is it an interview???

But wait... Interviews are not released until next month.

Rejected??! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

But wait, it feels bulky and like there is more than a letter inside. Interview? Maybe they are sending them early?

Hands shaking, hyperventilating, I can't take it...

Spoiler:
    Show

Alumni card. Welcome to the Oxford alumni community.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh Screw you Oxford I graduated over a year ago MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS!
    Just what you need :s

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get an email from Bristol saying we are still considering your application?
    Christ it made me heart jump.
    False alarm people, false alarm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyblah)
    Anyone else get an email from Bristol saying we are still considering your application?
    False alarm people, false alarm
    Yes got this too, hoping we hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=daisyblah;60672657]Anyone else get an email from Bristol saying we are still considering your application?
    False alarm people, false alarm[/QUOT

Literally the same exact yhing just happened to me. The email looked so official!!!

ReputationRep:
    With Southampton interview invites potentially going out next week, has anybody started interview prep?

I've been looking at common questions and trying to read up on medical ethics, but don't want to go in sounding too rehearsed..

What are everyone's plans for interview preparation?

ReputationRep:
    I'm super tired of waiting now - I keep telling myself that no news is good news (even if there's no interview, it means I haven't been rejected either!) but I sent my UCAS form off waay over a month ago and I just want to hear something now! Trying to do interview prep etc but the waiting is just rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got a confirmation email from Southampton (I **** myself a bit) saying they have now begun reviewing my application and the selection process runs till March 2016.

Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    Argh. Emails from Warwick and Southampton 6 minutes apart. 'We have received your application'...
    Still, better than a rejection!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdaman93)
    Argh. Emails from Warwick and Southampton 6 minutes apart. 'We have received your application'...
    I'm hoping that this means they're actively considering our applications now!

ReputationRep:
    2 confirmation emails in one day, warwick and southampton are really trying it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdaman93)
    Haha same here too.... These unis are such a tease!

ReputationRep:
    Nearly had a heart attack

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.