Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    People who are posting your UMS asking what grade it is, go to this site http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo...tor&target=gce and chose mathematics 6 unit specification!

ReputationRep:
    I found it really hard. How did everyone else do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKay)
    what do you think?
    Yeh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.a.k)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Possibly 4 or 5 for the first 3. I think you're correct on 4.

(3^x)^2 = (3)^2x = (3^2)^x = (9)^x
    I didn't get 9^x, I just integrated 3^2x. I got 81pi - 27x2pi all over ln(3) as my final answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazmain)
    Funny, you're name is very similar to my dads, and he passed away last year.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    249 last year, and I believe worst case scenario 60 minimum raw marks in c3,4 and d1 ..is this enough for an A?

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial mark scheme Up yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagprincess)
    same here
    :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oreilly96)
    249 last year, and I believe worst case scenario 60 minimum raw marks in c3,4 and d1 ..is this enough for an A?
    Pretty sure it will be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josephinemar25)
    Unofficial mark scheme Up yet

http://m.imgur.com/a/OMb2o

Not Arsey but still good enough aha

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad I got quite high UMS at AS so even if I won't be able to get an A* at least I might still get the A (although I think Chemistry may have screwed up my chances of meeting my offer).
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    D1 can be a bit sneaky, but if each exam was 60 for an A then you'd be a bit above an A. If that was a B for D1 you would probably still get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    got like 92 in c3 and 82 in this, i ****ed up
    Mate that's nothing. I worked out I got around 60/75 in C3 and like 35/75 in C4

ReputationRep:
    Most likely.

ReputationRep:
    I got 75/75 for C4 and 60/75 for C3 can I get an A*?

ReputationRep:
    63/75 C3
    65/75 C4

can someone give me a rough prediction for what sort of UMS I'll be walking into my stats exam on monday with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.a.k)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found it much harder than C3 but most people thought this was alright so grade boundaries will probably be average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toussaint)
    Looking at the unofficial mark scheme, I am absolutely ecstatic!!! A lot of the blind alleys and complicated answers have actually turned out to be right!!! I have gotten a minimum of 48 marks out of 75 and that is without taking into account any method marks from questions I attempted but didn't get. With those, it is around 60-62 which for a mathematical no hoper like me is beyond comprehension!!!
    Same here 46-48 without taking into account method. I thought i died. Uni should take me in with a C instead of B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plutoswrath)
    I got 75/75 for C4 and 60/75 for C3 can I get an A*?
    Yes, assuming at least 480 overall.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.