Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Going to wear some proper gear for the trip. TAG Heuer watch, Hugo Boss shirt, All saints trench coat etc.

Reaction of the locals when they spot the London boy in town:

Swear every Manc has appropriated the ''reto Britpop style'' these days. Actually not reto, they never stopped wearing those hideous tracksuits.

ReputationRep:
    Is Zurich in a constant state of drunkness?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    ^ It's hard to tell

ReputationRep:
    ngl the Red Army would tear him a new one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna predict a Utd win after the ref lets them get away with murder - the kind of game where Utd will tackle heavily, the ref will let it go for half an hour, then after he finally books one of their players he immediately books an Arsenal player for some half-offence to "even things up".

Add in a penalty and red card not given and we're golden - see Jagielka from Everton and Henry from QPR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Going to wear some proper gear for the trip. TAG Heuer watch, Hugo Boss shirt, All saints trench coat etc.

Reaction of the locals when they spot the London boy in town:

Swear every Manc has appropriated the ''reto Britpop style'' these days. Actually not reto, they never stopped wearing those hideous tracksuits.

Mate be careful, Manchester is a dangerous place, you don't want to get mugged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EddyP)
    I'm gonna predict a Utd win after the ref lets them get away with murder - the kind of game where Utd will tackle heavily, the ref will let it go for half an hour, then after he finally books one of their players he immediately books an Arsenal player for some half-offence to "even things up".

Add in a penalty and red card not given and we're golden - see Jagielka from Everton and Henry from QPR.
    That'd make us even after Wilshere stayed on the pitch despite headbutting the helpless Fellaini.

ReputationRep:
    If we are going to lose, we are going to lose because of a defensive mistake, not because Utd are a great attacking team. If they set up to hit us with pace, we are done with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    If we are going to lose, we are going to lose because of a defensive mistake, not because Utd are a great attacking team. If they set up to hit us with pace, we are done with.
    Yeah sadly i cant disagree with this. You'll probably dominate the game and then that one defensive lapse may lead to a goal conceded.

I still repeat, i dont understand why you guys are so down beat about the game against us. It really is yours to lose especially with the way we are playing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Couldn't think of a worst way to waste the time, energy and money of the players, the manager, our supporters etc. Oh well, day out in Manchester I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Is Wilshere back for Utd?

Hopefully Paddy McNair can do us a favour again.

ReputationRep:
    just thinking back at the man utd at home league game. **** all over them, and they get one of the most jammiest goals you'll ever see. jammmmmyyyyy.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Is Wilshere back for Utd?

Hopefully Paddy McNair can do us a favour again.
    McNair's not even that bad. They'll all turn up on Monday anyway :dry:
    Wonder how we'll line up.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Ozil scores a hattrick so that Paul Scholes looks like a mug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Yeah sadly i cant disagree with this. You'll probably dominate the game and then that one defensive lapse may lead to a goal conceded.

I still repeat, i dont understand why you guys are so down beat about the game against us. It really is yours to lose especially with the way we are playing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really stems from the mentality and feeling in the club at the moment, we are not really mentally strong as a club these days. I wish the home lads were as passionate as the away fans, but that is modern football for you. There is a lack of a 12th man at times, when we are so busy trying to cuss the players.

E.g. I hated the way fans jumped on Giroud for the Monaco game when the whole team played badly. Giroud for me has been top class this season. He is not world class, but he is a very good striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You're based in Liverpool right?
    yeah at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Welbz to make a sub and score would just make the night special :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Would actually cry if that happens. But theres a higher probability that he'd **** up a great chance to give you the lead. I still remain convinced that the guy doesnt have that ruthless composure in front of goal and finishing required of a top striker. He has great workrate though and he could be utilised to nulify Di Maria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Tbf we should play him as you know he'd be up for this game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We should play a front 3 of

Sanchez-Welbz-Walcott and hit them on the counter. Sanchez is 10x the player when playing next to welbz who tends to drag defences more and distract defenders.

If they focus too much on Sanchez then that leaves Walcott to pounce or cazorla/welbeck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.