Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When Mackay and mr tim start swearing, you know things are bad...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    When Mackay and mr tim start swearing, you know things are bad...
    Haha do I not swear a lot? Reckon I do IRL.

Never seen mr tim swear, though. You're bang on about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Haha do I not swear a lot? Reckon I do IRL.

Never seen mr tim swear, though. You're bang on about that.
    Nah not really - you're both pretty in control and to the point. The majority of the best posters on here seldom swear to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Nah not really - you're both pretty in control and to the point. The majority of the best posters on here seldom swear to be honest.
    well it is an intellectual deterrent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    well it is an intellectual deterrent
    So is finishing 1 on 1's on pro clubs evidently!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn Malik)
    So is finishing 1 on 1's on pro clubs evidently!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is that a rek on me or Luce

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Is that a rek on me or Luce
    It was meant for Puke but I suppose it applies to you too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn Malik)
    It was meant for Puke but I suppose it applies to you too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Yeah, and when they're gone, Douglas-Coman are the replacements. No chance Bayern sell Thiago and he isn't competing with Gotze for a place usually anyway.

If Gotze is available, you sign him. No questions asked. Our 'Ozil moment' as Jam says. And he's far better than our current AMs. In the right system he'd be good enough to make our other problems disappear, like Suarez used to.
    Having had another think about this, I think I have to agree. Was listening to TAW and they were pointing out that we have a lot of "good" players but no "excellent/star quality" players. The only potentials would be Sturridge and Coutinho but the former is always injured and the latter hasn't shown it consistently yet.

When Rafa built a side in a piecemeal manner, he always had Gerrrard as his match winner who could always produce something special to win games. No one in our side we can rely on for that.

The only downside to Gotze is that it would add another one of these similar type players that we have at the moment - the Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, Milner, Allen etc etc

Anyway let's see if we can do any transfer business which helps our first team now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    The only downside to Gotze is that it would add another one of these similar type players that we have at the moment - the Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, Milner, Allen etc etc
    How are Gotze and Milner similar? Genuinely curious to know your thinking here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    How are Gotze and Milner similar? Genuinely curious to know your thinking here.
    Don't get me wrong, Gotze is faster/has better dribbling/is a better player than Milner but it's another attacking player who's versatile, intelligent, not huge in size/build (even if Milner is pretty bulky and strong these days), not searing pace etc

He'll be able to beat his man 1 vs 1 but we often have teams sitting deep against us which means less space to dribble and then he'd be better if we had other different players around him? Do you not think Coutinho suffers a similar problem currently?

I guess I'd expect us to sell someone similar (probably Lallana) if we were upgrading to Gotze.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35277987

Ward becomes 5th player to be recalled from loan by us. Seems to get praised by Aberdeen fans. Hopefully not another **** GK for us.
    Well that pretty much spells the end for Bogdan then doesn't it. Ruthless from Klopp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Well that pretty much spells the end for Bogdan then doesn't it. Ruthless from Klopp
    The Watford clanger is a bit unfair on Bogdan - yes he shouldn't have dropped the catch first but Ake does kick the ball out of Bogdan's hands.

The Exeter miss was horrendously bad though. Ward to start in the Exeter replay game?

ReputationRep:
    The Watford clanger is a bit unfair on Bogdan - yes he shouldn't have dropped the catch first but Ake does kick the ball out of Bogdan's hands.

The Exeter miss was horrendously bad though. Ward to start in the Exeter replay game?
    Probably yea.. there were rumours that Mignolet is injured but apparently untrue
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Toure, Henderson and Ibe back v Arsenal. Sakho could be back, Lovren could be back v Utd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Probably yea.. there were rumours that Mignolet is injured but apparently untrue
    I'd still rather start Mignolet against Arsenal and Man Utd.. be good for Ward to show what he can do so soon after being recalled. I wouldn't be adverse to him starting in our cup competitions?

(Original post by mr tim)
    Toure, Henderson and Ibe back v Arsenal. Sakho could be back, Lovren could be back v Utd.
    I think we'll get ripped apart in defence by Arsenal regardless of who we play. Toure's lack of pace is a worry but maybe we'll just shut up shop and have Can and Lucas sit deep with Henderson in front with a hardworking trio in front of Firmino, Ibe and Lallana?

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has also been discussing transfer targets in what could be a busy window for the Reds.

Goalkeeper Danny Ward is back from his loan at Aberdeen but Klopp says don't expect Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato at Anfield any time soon.

"It was an easy decision to recall Danny Ward," said Klopp.

"We watched his improvement at Aberdeen. It's a moment when we have to make decisions."

"My private advice to you is don't follow the Pato path any longer."

I feel better now..

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has also been discussing transfer targets in what could be a busy window for the Reds.

Goalkeeper Danny Ward is back from his loan at Aberdeen but Klopp says don't expect Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato at Anfield any time soon.

"It was an easy decision to recall Danny Ward," said Klopp.

"We watched his improvement at Aberdeen. It's a moment when we have to make decisions."

"My private advice to you is don't follow the Pato path any longer."

I feel better now..
    The optimist in me feels like he's making those comments about Pato because we have somebody else looking likely to join very soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    The optimist in me feels like he's making those comments about Pato because we have somebody else looking likely to join very soon.
    I've not really see much January transfer window hype so far. Or am I too old and living under a rock these days?

ReputationRep:
    I've not really see much January transfer window hype so far. Or am I too old and living under a rock these days?
    I mean you are an old man but in fairness it's probably better not to follow anything unless it's reported on SSN or BBC Sport

I think that Klopp would prefer to spend large sums in the summer but bear in mind that he's worked with these players for a few months now and he'll know what he needs (especially when you factor in our injuries).

Surely we'll get a first team player in at some point?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.