Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaliyah2362)
    It's my worst section aswell and my UKCAT is tomorrow morning. Stressing out about it because I can't seem to get it right no matter how much I practice 😁

Thanks for replying x
    Honestly I wouldn't worry if I were you. Hopefully you're the same as I was.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elishchambers)
    Hi guys,

I sat my ukcat today and got an 717 average:

VR 640
    QR 900
    AR 610
    SJT- Band 1
    Total 2150

I just wanted to reassure everyone that's freaking out that the QR is easier in the actual exam and using the number pad on the keyboard really speeds you up so it's not so time pressured. AR is harder than medify definitely but I guessed most of them and still got a decent score so don't panic. I revised using medify for 2 weeks so you definitely don't have to go on any of these expensive courses to do well- just do practice questions as much as you can and you'll be fine.

Good luck everyone.
    how do you use the number pad on the keyboard, do you have to press a button to enable it to work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elishchambers)
    No worries. The only thing that was difficult about abstract was that there were lots of overlapping patterns on each set to form one big complex pattern: for example it wasn't just total sides=11, it was total sides=11 and then a fixed number of black shapes or circles etc. From medify, I got used to just looking for one single pattern and teaching myself to not over complicate it, but then it the real exam it was quite complicated and I just didn't have time to find all the patterns. I only managed to find a few partial patterns and then had to guess the rest. Also there were quite a few set A/set B questions that medify didn't have many of so I was a bit thrown by them.

As long as you manage to get a few partial patterns though you should be find, stick to whichever mnemonic you use (I used NSPC) and don't get stressed if you can't find a pattern just take a guess.
    what does that NSPC mnemonic stand for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabby1410)
    how do you use the number pad on the keyboard, do you have to press a button to enable it to work?
    make sure num lock is enabled on your keyboard I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabby1410)
    what does that NSPC mnemonic stand for?
    number shape position colour
    theres also SCANS (shape, colour, angles, number, sides)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic)

Mine is tomorrow too and i've been averaging the same!
    Best of luck!
    How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dwightkurtshrute)
    Mine is tomorrow morning and I'm averaging 610-630. Completely stressed.

How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is tomorrow morning and I'm averaging 610-630. Completely stressed.
    My average is that aswell. Good luck for today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harryedwards8)
    Honestly I wouldn't worry if I were you. Hopefully you're the same as I was.

Good luck!
    Thank you and hopefully! 😁😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ib_hopeful)
    How did it go?
    Starting 11.30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaliyah2362)
    My average is that aswell. Good luck for today!
    Thanks, you too!

ReputationRep:
    Starting 11.30
    Mine is at 11:30 too, hope all goes well!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone else taking their test today. There's no reason why we shouldn't walk in feeling confident!

ReputationRep:
    You too! Not doing any more practise now just getting some breakfast haha. Whatever will be will be. Ive done a good bit of practice and I just want to get it over with now. Just need to remember to flag, guess and move on. Best of luck to you and PM me how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    You too! Not doing any more practise now just getting some breakfast haha. Whatever will be will be. Ive done a good bit of practice and I just want to get it over with now. Just need to remember to flag, guess and move on. Best of luck to you and PM me how it goes!
    Yep me too, trying to relax my brain now!
    And you're right if it's meant to be it will be. I need to remember to keep track of time especially with VR!
    I will deffo PM you once it's over, can't wait to get it over with!

ReputationRep:
    Who's done Medify mock 1? I just did it and got VR:650 QR:700 AR:750

Is this a good score for that mock? My exam is a week today!!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayleeyy)
    Who's done Medify mock 1? I just did it and got VR:650 QR:700 AR:750

Is this a good score for that mock? My exam is a week today!!*
    I did it and got 800 VR, 800 QR and 750 AR, my exam in on tuesday. I feel like i probably got lucky on my guesses, but ill do mock 2 later today and see how that goes

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you both! Hope you do really really well

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I'm currently exactly a week away from taking my UKCAT but I've run into a bit of a wall in terms of my practice. I've exhausted all the official practice questions as well as the 600 questions book I borrowed from my library (I know its out of date but I couldnt afford to buy the newer version. I dont know what else to do since I'm still terrible at most sections so desperate atm.

I wanted to know if anyone had a few spare days left on their Medify account after they've taken their test and would be willing to let me use it. I know this is pretty shady but Im desperate and my parents arent willing to spend more money on this test than what it cost to register.

If all else fails, any more recommendations of free practice questions (especially AR and QR) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewszk)
    Hello everyone,

I'm currently exactly a week away from taking my UKCAT but I've run into a bit of a wall in terms of my practice. I've exhausted all the official practice questions as well as the 600 questions book I borrowed from my library (I know its out of date but I couldnt afford to buy the newer version. I dont know what else to do since I'm still terrible at most sections so desperate atm.

I wanted to know if anyone had a few spare days left on their Medify account after they've taken their test and would be willing to let me use it. I know this is pretty shady but Im desperate and my parents arent willing to spend more money on this test than what it cost to register.

If all else fails, any more recommendations of free practice questions (especially AR and QR) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    https://ukcat.ninja

That site has some free questions and tutorials, I'm not sure how good it is because I've only heard it mentioned, haven't actually used it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.