Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasx_)
    Oh no I actually thought I did pretty decent on that essay but now knowing that they may have wanted more than on explanation has put me off
    Hi, they asked this question back in January 2011 and the mark scheme doesn't mention writing about more than one explanation.

It says this
    The focus for this question is onevolutionary explanations, and approaches that are not evolutionary, such as social learningtheory, media effects, and deindividuation cannot earn marks. Within the evolutionaryapproach aggression is usually contextualised as increasing the chances of reproduction andsurvival of genes, and this is likely to be the most popular route for AO1 marks. Material onaggressive displays, especially in young men, aggression linked to sexual jealousy, andevolutionary explanations of group display, could all be relevant to the question. For marksabove Basic there must be a clear focus on aggression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Repzehh)
    Just from seeing other people's assessment on the exam from TSR and Twitter, I feel the grade boundaries will be higher.
    I swear people say this every year lol... Saj got predictions right last year so they would have the same reaction, i think it will be 44/45 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im130)
    I personally don't feel this one was easier than last year.

The 4-mark breaking up might at first glance seem like they're being easy on us allowing us to get marks on one in case we're bad on the other.....but I don't think a lot of us prepared for 4-mark A01 of each theory, and so with me for instance it disrupted my sense of structure, as i didn't know what to omit, and i think it was what held me back.

And added to that, gender is probably the most popular topic chosen by schools, so a lot of people not being able to do gender schema will hopefully keep grade boundaries low
    Fair enough, I know gender didn't go too well so I should probably factor that into my prediction. I did sleep, eating behaviour and relationships and imo they were very nice questions. Let's just hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    Same for all topics.
    Well that's annoying. I think intelligence went bad for me. Did anyone do intelligence?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me how many marks i need for an a*? I got 80 and 76 last year which equates to a high B, I feel ive done really good on this paper so was wondering if its possible to get an A*, how much would i need on this paper and the previous one?

So out all 4 exams whats the total for an A*

ReputationRep:
    How many pages on average did you guys manage to write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherry1997)
    does anyone else do eating behaviour and anorexia? can i still get high marks even though i just talked about genetics and neural mechanism and not evolutionary approach?
    I did eating behaviour, my friend said she did neural mechanisms but ran out of time to make her second point. I did evolutionary 'adapted to flee due to famine' hypothesis, and then I only had 10 mins left so panicked a bit and scrawled some stuff and evaluation of the genetic theory, but i havent come across many people who said genetics so bit worried I didn't get it right

ReputationRep:
    For my relationship question I wrote about both formation and maintence. For my IDA for formation I did cultural and gender bias from Lott and then for my IDA in maintence I did cultural and student bias by mogahddam. Is that alright because I used two different psychologists?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Can someone explain to me how many marks i need for an a*? I got 80 and 76 last year which equates to a high B, I feel ive done really good on this paper so was wondering if its possible to get an A*, how much would i need on this paper and the previous one?

To get an A last year it was probably like 70-75% and so an A* seeming as A2 is harder should be around that too if not just a bit lower, so you would need 54 for this paper and about 63 for PSYA4 but i assume your not retaking so you might be capped at an A if not you would need above that to get an A* overall i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmr98)
    I did eating behaviour, my friend said she did neural mechanisms but ran out of time to make her second point. I did evolutionary 'adapted to flee due to famine' hypothesis, and then I only had 10 mins left so panicked a bit and scrawled some stuff and evaluation of the genetic theory, but i havent come across many people who said genetics so bit worried I didn't get it right
    I did genetics and affh too

ReputationRep:
    High grade boundaries I think
    Pretty good exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yung7up)
    To get an A last year it was probably like 70-75% and so an A* seeming as A2 is harder should be around that too if not just a bit higher, so you would need 54 for this paper and about 63 for PSYA4 but i assume your not retaking so you might be capped at an A if not you would above that to get an A* overall i think
    So if you didnt get an A last year its impossible to get an A* now? Damn that sucks, yeh im not resitting

ReputationRep:
    where dat unofficial mark scheme at

ReputationRep:
    Studies count as a02 unless you missed studies out? But studies depend how you word i.e refutr supoort.
    i only did outline theories and IDA

ReputationRep:
    I was relatively happy with that tbh.. Hopefully an A minimum

However I doubt the boundaries will be high because it appears everyone who studies gender were thrown off this year on their 24 marks worth of the paper .. Good luck guys ! Hopefully psay4 will go better for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosahra)
    i only did outline theories and IDA
    Im really not sure then, because IDA are normally linked to studies and theories and since you didnt do any, its hard to talk about "issues and debates", you have to hope aqa accept it

ReputationRep:

You need an A overall (at least 320UMS) to get an A*, your A2 UMS must be at least 180.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i felt sorry for the guy sat next to me in the exam, he just sat and stared at the paper for 50% of the exam, every now and then he would look up at everyone writing, make a face then go back to staring at his paper
    poor guy.

anyway, relationships and biological rhythms went great - completely forgot infidelity came under aggression, but i think i wrote enough on group display - and i added some genetics but i made sure to link it to evolution so i guess that should be ok? i don't know really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmr98)
    I did genetics and evolution! If I remember rightly, the question said "one or more biological explanations" with no specific focus on evolutionary/genetics/neuroanatomical. So I think it should be fine!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yung7up)
    How many pages on average did you guys manage to write?
    I think I wrote 3/4 per topic

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.