Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk XII - MHoC Chat Thread watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Saracen's Fez, I was talking to a Welsh friend earlier about the First Minister vote and he was saying the reason UKIP and the Tories backed Wood is because Labour wanted an early vote rather than negotiating with Plaid, so they were approached by Plaid to cause a tie to force you guys to the table.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    This is what happens to Nigel if he doesn't get enough beer.
    13161803_10156929942665442_4739662035703926035_o.jpg

Obviously referring to Farage rather than Evans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    This is what happens to Nigel if he doesn't get enough beer.
    13161803_10156929942665442_4739662035703926035_o.jpg
    PRSOM:lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    PRSOM:lol:
    And I only just remember "wait, they're both Nigel"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I am not wearing 2 inch heels. Neither should anyone else if they do not want to.
    (Original post by banter_lad_m8)
    .....ok
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Hear, hear!
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    You should mate, you'd look fabulous and probably get that promotion you're looking for.
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Tagging you now Andy98 as I was on mobile before hand

Had to make you aware of barnetlad and That Bearded Man's plot to overthrow you
    I am glad to find out that PWC's reception have relented and not insisted on women having 2 inch heels (or men for that matter). I am grateful for the House seemingly agreeing with my view and the humour. As for the coup, there is none.

ReputationRep:
    Saracen's Fez, I was talking to a Welsh friend earlier about the First Minister vote and he was saying the reason UKIP and the Tories backed Wood is because Labour wanted an early vote rather than negotiating with Plaid, so they were approached by Plaid to cause a tie to force you guys to the table.
    If only there had been some Green Welsh Assembly members to ensure that proper talks took place and the Green agenda is not forgotten in Wales. I can understand the view of the Lib Dem AM who would not vote with UKIP though.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yep, one of the strangest examples of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" I have seen.

If they had pulled it off (i.e. had the support of Kirsty Williams) then they would soon look very stupid unless they were willing to put their money where their mouth was and vote for a Plaid budget.

Then we can go on to talk about Plaid covering up the fact they did a deal to try and save face...

If only there had been some Green Welsh Assembly members to ensure that proper talks took place and the Green agenda is not forgotten in Wales. I can understand the view of the Lib Dem AM who would not vote with UKIP though.
    Now I'm a fan of Carwyn Jones, but Kirsty Williams has more integrity than the other 59 of them put together.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Yep, one of the strangest examples of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" I have seen.

If they had pulled it off (i.e. had the support of Kirsty Williams) then they would soon look very stupid unless they were willing to put their money where their mouth was and vote for a Plaid budget.

Then we can go on to talk about Plaid covering up the fact they did a deal to try and save face...

Now I'm a fan of Carwyn Jones, but Kirsty Williams has more integrity than the other 59 of them put together.
    I assume Williams is the lib dem, there's nothing to say they weren't involved

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Tagging you now Andy98 as I was on mobile before hand

Had to make you aware of barnetlad and That Bearded Man's plot to overthrow you
    Hahaha OK

Although I must say I think I'm doing a good job of reversing that "curse"
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I assume Williams is the lib dem, there's nothing to say they weren't involved
    Involved on what side?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Involved on what side?
    Working with plaid, voting with labour to keep the numbers balanced

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Working with plaid, voting with labour to keep the numbers balanced
    I doubt the Lib Dems did a deal with Plaid at all, Kirsty Williams probably had a chat with Labour beforehand though.

ReputationRep:
    I am glad to find out that PWC's reception have relented and not insisted on women having 2 inch heels (or men for that matter). I am grateful for the House seemingly agreeing with my view and the humour. As for the coup, there is none.
    Well, you WOULD say that wouldn't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I doubt the Lib Dems did a deal with Plaid at all, Kirsty Williams probably had a chat with Labour beforehand though.
    So labour have time for a chat with the lib dem but not PC? To be fair, labour deserved what they got for their arrogance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    So labour have time for a chat with the lib dem but not PC? To be fair, labour deserved what they got for their arrogance
    Some reports are claiming Labour did discuss a deal with Plaid, including Budget and policy influence.

I imagine Kirsty Williams was easier to persuade because she knows she has no chance of being FM herself.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I agree completely

A Coup is all good fun though...unless it's in my party
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I agree completely

Or a bloodless one, they're boring too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Or a bloodless one, they're boring too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yes, very much so. We want the drama to spill over
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I agree completely

Correction, unless you are the one facing the coup.

Anyway will be interesting seeing who has stood for speaker today.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Correction, unless you are the one facing the coup.

Anyway will be interesting seeing who has stood for speaker today.
    Indeed and Indeed

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.