Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I appear to have developed a food addiction.

ReputationRep:
    HAPPY WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY, PEEPS! :nutcase: :yep: :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Damn PRSOM.

Happy world mental health day everybody

ReputationRep:
    Really can't focus on this essay :cry2: How am I meant to write it and plan another essay if I struggle to hold my concentration for more that 15 minutes?

ReputationRep:
    I've been selected to interview for a position in Apple. Really surprised as I thought I wouldn't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Looked at what i missed at uni whilst off sick. Now feel ridiculously thick and like i shouldnt even be there. wonder if its too late to pull out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Tara~)
    Looked at what i missed at uni whilst off sick. Now feel ridiculously thick and like i shouldnt even be there. wonder if its too late to pull out?
    could you go see your professors to talk over what you missed? It can be hard to look over things and understand them without the explanation given during the lecture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    could you go see your professors to talk over what you missed? It can be hard to look over things and understand them without the explanation given during the lecture.
    Well the subject im gonna struggle most with has a categorical, if you dont turn up dont bother talking to me about this lecture/seminar message in massive writing

ReputationRep:
    disability service cant help because they told me for months i didnt need headed letter of my disability. Enrol and speak to them. I need signed and headed letter from my psychologist to prove i didnt make the letter myself :/ So im getting no allowances or anything atm, Doesnt matter that i was too mentally unfit to deal with driving to uni even if i could have sat in lessons whilst they recorded.

What unis say they will do to get you in vs what happens when youre there is completely different. I wish id stayed at OU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Tara~)
    Well the subject im gonna struggle most with has a categorical, if you dont turn up dont bother talking to me about this lecture/seminar message in massive writing
    Do they take attendance?

If not, perhaps a little white lie might be in order? I was there but I didn't understand, could you explain x,y, and z for me again please? Or you could say you had food poisoning or something? No one wants someone with diarrhea and vomiting to turn up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Do they take attendance?

If not, perhaps a little white lie might be in order? I was there but I didn't understand, could you explain x,y, and z for me again please? Or you could say you had food poisoning or something? No one wants someone with diarrhea and vomiting to turn up.
    indeed! And yeah registers in all classes. Not that my name is ever on them. Noone knows i have been missing classes for a whole week

ReputationRep:
    I am a little nervous my mother is having her third surgery in the last 3 weeks tomorrow and her fourth in the last 2 months. She has never taken care of herself during my lifetime. She was it 3+pack smoker for 35+ years. So, I am a little nervous for her. She gets a little crazy after her surgeries. After her surgery a couple of weeks ago she called 911 emergency. I awoke to the police pounding on my front door and I answered it. They said they were doing a welfare check because somebody called them. I kind of laughed a little bit and said that's probably my mom. I took them back to her bedroom and she told them the reason she called 911 emergency was because she was hungry and she wanted them to go get her food. They looked at her like she was absolutely nuts. It's a minor surgery but I am still a little nervous for her. She's had to fast for 2 days, that is definitely a long time to fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    it's really hard because I see the thread she made about me and I want to say so much but I can't.
    you have one of those too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hopefully this will be my last post on here for a while *unchecks anonymous*
    well not necessarily my last post but 'Cavy's' at least.
    bc maybe they are two separate entities.
    maybe one is harder to be than the other and i really wish the answer to that wasn't the second.

i intended this to be quite long but then i got a headache as usual and it is hard to think but i wanted to apologise for stuff, and no im not trying to be excused.
    i cant remember the name of the user but i am sorry for the way in wish i talked to you if you ever see this post and im sorry you had such a negative first encounter with me
    i am nice really
    i think
    maybe im not who knows lol

also im sorry for just sigh idk
    i want to say my existence but is that too heavy idk, it is true but idk if im even allowed to say that?
    anyway hm

i want to write this here not to make anyone feel sorry for me bc i dont feel sorry for me and dont want anyone else to either bc ppl are more important.
    i just want to write this here bc im broken and im fed up of ppl thinking otherwise really
    not that i want to shout it from the rooftops but like ppl just wash over me bc i look 'safe' or 'cute' or whatever but so much more goes on inside.
    for example,
    last night was horrendous and that isnt really exaggerating at all.
    most nights are tho tbf but i just learn to live with it bc what else can u do? inb4 'go to the doctors' i am acc working on that but it isnt as simple as that mkay.
    i think the funny thing really is the thing that scares me and torments me like this is acc the thing that tells me it is going to be ok the following morning and stuff.
    cos noone else does really like who else is there? and it isnt like when ur 5 years old and can cuddle up in ur mums bed bc ur nearly 18 and an adult and u should just get on with it right?
    that is hard tho.
    it is hard from those moments to think ok that wasnt real oh great now im fine lets go to school.
    because it is like a cloud and the flashbacks are bad bc idk any other word other than 'trigger' although i hate that word bc of all those stupid meme things but that is seriously what happens.

i was just watching a music video the other day and this harmless image just brought back this flood of disturbing stuff my mind hadn't processed from the night before.
    like that isnt pleasant it is like it is always there, it is like another world really but a frustrating one bc noone can ever ever see it and that is what makes me cry.
    and noone takes it seriously either.
    not that im comparing it to that in terms of severity ofc not but u wouldnt tell someone who was having a hallucination to just get over it would u and like i dont see how it is that different apart from the fact that one is conscious and the other isnt.
    but ppl treat it like its nothing and im just expected to go about my day as usual.
    not that everyone isnt and i really respect the resiliance of everyone especially on this thread but like idk to have it constantly belittled and made fun of just makes u stop telling ppl in the first place.

maybe it is bc i joke about it, doesnt help i suppose.
    'oh yeh i just feel like insert X violent thing to myself here hahahahahah' mostly cos i never realised how actually ****ed up that sounds to people. maybe because it is.
    and then ppl dont know what to say
    so ive stopped saying it
    at least out loud.

anyway take last night.
    bc it was bad.
    this is a small section of it bc it is all too long and has some private stuff in but if anyone is interested.....

There was this room, with a square hole 'window' if u can call it that although it was more like a serving hatch and it had a grey drawstring blind in, one that you pull and it goes down vertically.
    anyway i was in a corner and these men (bc i realised it is always men, funny that lol...) in white plastic overalls 3 of them i think and another one poking his head through the window were coming with like syringes which is funny cos im not even scared of needles.
    Their faces were obscured but i was just screaming.
    bc i keep screaming and crying in them lately idk why.
    My phone had the green phone symbol on it bc someone was ringing and the ringing wouldnt stop, ik who was ringing but i wont say it here.
    but the men kept coming blocking me into a corner so i just pulled my knees up to my chest in the corner and screamed more.

And then i woke up gasping for air and my heart pounding out of my chest.
    That wasnt all of it but u get the idea.
    having that sort of thing every night is tiring

and i have decided i need to sort my head out and not just about the dreams either about other anxiety things and stuff im trying to suppress.
    i really dont know why i wrote all that
    it isnt looking for forgivness or attention or sympathy.
    it isnt looking for anything it is just something i had to release.
    anyway im taking ur advice The_Lonely_Goatherd so yeh

lol how pathetic

sorry everyone x
    Glad you are taking my advice :yes: It's very clear to all of us on here that you are very ill, and that any support any TSR members in MHSS can offer you is not going to be enough (though we are of course happy to do what we can!) I know that it's really hard to seek help and even when you seek that help, it may not go well/be enough the first time. We've all got our stories of **** experiences with the NHS here and whilst no one should have to fight the system in the first place to be heard, it's inevitable sometimes.

Try and stay safe and please get help ASAP. If the first doctor is ****, then tell any/every doctor til you get heard and referred to a psychiatrist (and ideally a psychologist too). You deserve to be helped to live the life you would want for yourself - and that we would want for you too.

TC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emobambam)
    you have one of those too?
    what do you mean? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hopefully this will be my last post on here for a while *unchecks anonymous*
    well not necessarily my last post but 'Cavy's' at least.
    bc maybe they are two separate entities.
    maybe one is harder to be than the other and i really wish the answer to that wasn't the second.

i intended this to be quite long but then i got a headache as usual and it is hard to think but i wanted to apologise for stuff, and no im not trying to be excused.
    i cant remember the name of the user but i am sorry for the way in wish i talked to you if you ever see this post and im sorry you had such a negative first encounter with me
    i am nice really
    i think
    maybe im not who knows lol

also im sorry for just sigh idk
    i want to say my existence but is that too heavy idk, it is true but idk if im even allowed to say that?
    anyway hm

i want to write this here not to make anyone feel sorry for me bc i dont feel sorry for me and dont want anyone else to either bc ppl are more important.
    i just want to write this here bc im broken and im fed up of ppl thinking otherwise really
    not that i want to shout it from the rooftops but like ppl just wash over me bc i look 'safe' or 'cute' or whatever but so much more goes on inside.
    for example,
    last night was horrendous and that isnt really exaggerating at all.
    most nights are tho tbf but i just learn to live with it bc what else can u do? inb4 'go to the doctors' i am acc working on that but it isnt as simple as that mkay.
    i think the funny thing really is the thing that scares me and torments me like this is acc the thing that tells me it is going to be ok the following morning and stuff.
    cos noone else does really like who else is there? and it isnt like when ur 5 years old and can cuddle up in ur mums bed bc ur nearly 18 and an adult and u should just get on with it right?
    that is hard tho.
    it is hard from those moments to think ok that wasnt real oh great now im fine lets go to school.
    because it is like a cloud and the flashbacks are bad bc idk any other word other than 'trigger' although i hate that word bc of all those stupid meme things but that is seriously what happens.

i was just watching a music video the other day and this harmless image just brought back this flood of disturbing stuff my mind hadn't processed from the night before.
    like that isnt pleasant it is like it is always there, it is like another world really but a frustrating one bc noone can ever ever see it and that is what makes me cry.
    and noone takes it seriously either.
    not that im comparing it to that in terms of severity ofc not but u wouldnt tell someone who was having a hallucination to just get over it would u and like i dont see how it is that different apart from the fact that one is conscious and the other isnt.
    but ppl treat it like its nothing and im just expected to go about my day as usual.
    not that everyone isnt and i really respect the resiliance of everyone especially on this thread but like idk to have it constantly belittled and made fun of just makes u stop telling ppl in the first place.

maybe it is bc i joke about it, doesnt help i suppose.
    'oh yeh i just feel like insert X violent thing to myself here hahahahahah' mostly cos i never realised how actually ****ed up that sounds to people. maybe because it is.
    and then ppl dont know what to say
    so ive stopped saying it
    at least out loud.

anyway take last night.
    bc it was bad.
    this is a small section of it bc it is all too long and has some private stuff in but if anyone is interested.....

There was this room, with a square hole 'window' if u can call it that although it was more like a serving hatch and it had a grey drawstring blind in, one that you pull and it goes down vertically.
    anyway i was in a corner and these men (bc i realised it is always men, funny that lol...) in white plastic overalls 3 of them i think and another one poking his head through the window were coming with like syringes which is funny cos im not even scared of needles.
    Their faces were obscured but i was just screaming.
    bc i keep screaming and crying in them lately idk why.
    My phone had the green phone symbol on it bc someone was ringing and the ringing wouldnt stop, ik who was ringing but i wont say it here.
    but the men kept coming blocking me into a corner so i just pulled my knees up to my chest in the corner and screamed more.

And then i woke up gasping for air and my heart pounding out of my chest.
    That wasnt all of it but u get the idea.
    having that sort of thing every night is tiring

and i have decided i need to sort my head out and not just about the dreams either about other anxiety things and stuff im trying to suppress.
    i really dont know why i wrote all that
    it isnt looking for forgivness or attention or sympathy.
    it isnt looking for anything it is just something i had to release.
    anyway im taking ur advice The_Lonely_Goatherd so yeh

lol how pathetic

sorry everyone x
    TLG said it all really. Best of lucking getting help, you deserve it. And we are here too to help alongside the professionals

And not pathetic at all.*

ReputationRep:
    Meeting new GP and CPN (separately) tomorrow :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Student support want to meet me today to see how I'm doing and how they might be able to support me. Wish me luck! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Meeting new GP and CPN (separately) tomorrow :eek:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Student support want to meet me today to see how I'm doing and how they might be able to support me. Wish me luck! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck to both! :grouphugs:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.