Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    just got a pass confirmation from citi.. did my test on like sunday i think (for anyone interested)

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what unis do you come from? are they all target? or semi target

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    Semi

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Non target

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    Non target
    Realistically, isn't it difficult to get in with a non-target uni unless you do economics/maths/engineering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Semi

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you studying economics?
    p.s do you think KCL is a good semi target? like its pretty internationally recognised

ReputationRep:
    just got a pass confirmation from citi.. did my test on like sunday i think (for anyone interested)
    Congrats! How many questions do you think you got right in the test (just trying to get a general idea on where I stand )?

ReputationRep:
    If you are a final year, for the Credit Suisse, you can only apply to Graduate and Off Cylce right?

Also, I was looking at off cycle, and the only country i can see application for is Poland... Is this right? And it says 2016 as the year, very confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate992)
    Congrats! How many questions do you think you got right in the test (just trying to get a general idea on where I stand )?
    7 or 8 I believe but talent Q different questions have different difficulties and therefore affects your score slightly differently (I thought I had failed it)

ReputationRep:
    Realistically, isn't it difficult to get in with a non-target uni unless you do economics/maths/engineering?
    Yeah it is a lot harder but not impossible I would say

ReputationRep:
    Are you studying economics?
    p.s do you think KCL is a good semi target? like its pretty internationally recognised
    Finance. I've not seen anyone from KCL before if I'm honest even though it is a good uni. If IB is your goal, I'd say Bristol, Bath, Nottingham or Cass were better on a pure placement basis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finance. I've not seen anyone from KCL before if I'm honest even though it is a good uni. If IB is your goal, I'd say Bristol, Nottingham or Cass were better on a pure placement basis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice! tbh I would rather do maths at KCL then finance or accounting at cass because even though its good i will be stuck with saying its part of city uni which is not great IMO

did you do lots of insight days ect?

ReputationRep:
    Nice! tbh I would rather do maths at KCL then finance or accounting at cass because even though its good i will be stuck with saying its part of city uni which is not great IMO

I would have said finance at Cass would have a better chance (purely on uni basis) than maths at KCL for FO anyway

ReputationRep:
    Target.

ReputationRep:

Yeah I did six insight days at various banks and one consulting company. Attended lots of networking events in my first year. One spring week. One summer internship at a no-name firm. One IBD internship and a placement year.

ReputationRep:
    target

ReputationRep:
    I would have said finance at Cass would have a better chance (purely on uni basis) than maths at KCL for FO anyway
    I get that but cass is not a uni its a business school which is party of city uni so really you go to city
    PLUS cass was accepting students who had ABB/A*BC in clearing this year

Kcl is way more internationally known, and they pretty much require A*AA/AAA for maths and economics and its semi target

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did six insight days at various banks and one consulting company. Attended lots of networking events in my first year. One spring week. One summer internship at a no-name firm. One IBD internship and a placement year.
    are 3 insight days enough? P.s for insight days you submit your application right? is it good to do voluntary work too ect in sports because I heard IB love it

are you in your 3rd year?

ReputationRep:
    guys, anyone able to tell me what MS first round interview for IBD is like?

ReputationRep:
    sent of my application to Citi a week and a half ago, haven't been invited to test yet, is that normal (IBD)?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.