The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ronaldo VII
Defoe holding the ball up? He is 5'7 and international defenders would eat him for breakfast. He also has 5 international goals including 2 each against Andorra and Trinidad and Tobago :s: I think he is a stop gap until Owen returns. Rooney isn't that person either, Capello has tried it and it has failed miserably. The only person IMO that can do that role for England is crouch.
I do really like Dean Ashton. Maybe he should be given a go.
RobbieC
I do really like Dean Ashton. Maybe he should be given a go.

Agreed. I kinda feel these friendlies have been wasted, or there should have been more, possibly some B internationals. The likes of Ashton and Bent should have been given a run out as we have no direct striker in the main squad.
Will the game be on setanta in a predictably stupid move??
RobbieC
Will the game be on setanta in a predictably stupid move??

Yup. Along with the Croatia game on Wednesday.
Reply 3524
Setanta have England away, Sky have England home. :colonhash:
I just don't understand why Setanta has been allowed to establish itself as a broadcasting force. It has taken away so many games from me, but I will not pay for it.

Why the **** are other people caving in.

Will have to go to the pub now.
Reply 3526
You'd rather a Sky monopoly?

It's not Setanta's fault, in my opinion. It's the Beeb's, for not putting up any fight for the bidding.
Would cost them far too much to pay for England games (when competeing against Setanta and Sky) and its not worth eating up most of their budget for a few games...
Reply 3528
Of course it's worth the investment. It'd form the entirety of their live football, for one thing, and demand isn't an issue at all. Besides, their precious budget is being pissed away on extravagant spending programs on events such as the Olympics, and the dubious privilege of having the likes of Alan Shearer on MOTD.
Setanta is only £12 a month, it's worth it for what you get but it's the principal- do I line the pockets of the fat cats even more, or do I go with my morals and go down the boozer?
Predictions and expectations for tonight?

Seen as they're a bunch of part-timers, I think it should be a 4-0 or 5-0 win!
farhan

Andorra win?
farhan

6-0; Rooney 3, Lampard, Defoe, J Cole :colone: Wouldn't mind that tbh.
Ronaldo VII
6-0; Rooney 3, Lampard, Defoe, J Cole :colone: Wouldn't mind that tbh.
Let's be honest, everyone in an attacking role should score.
sarforaz
Andorra win?
:unsure:
farhan
Let's be honest, everyone in an attacking role should score.

Yup. Anything other than a clean sheet would be embarrassing too. No point James or Robinson starting, every reason for Green to play (well watch from the area). If Lampard is anything other than excellent, he should be out of the squad.
Reply 3536
1-0, JT from a corner :colonhash:
James
Johnson Lescott Terry Cole
Walcott Lampard Barry Clowning
Rooney Defoe

:colonhash:
Reply 3538
Ronaldo VII
James
Johnson Lescott Terry Cole
Walcott Lampard Barry Clowning
Rooney Defoe

:colonhash:

Ho ho ho.

Now you're going to post the real line up, right? :unsure:
Reply 3539
Might not be 4-4-2 tbh, who knows what crackpot formation Capello might really be putting out :awesome:

Latest