Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polar88)
    Hey that was very fast, did you use the priority visa service?
    nope.

(Original post by hubble)
    I've just submitted my application. So I reckon it should take like 5-10 working days???
    i don't know, but the last time i called them up, they say that the amount of visa applicants will increase from july onwards. ultimately, it depends on the number of people applying at the same time as u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonobebe)
    so happy i got mine already, in 5 working days!!

when we pass through the immigrations, should we show them the visa page or the biometric info page??
    Through Singapore custom is by biometric but when you reached UK, you will need to show them the visa page. (Base on my India experience)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kenryou)
    Through Singapore custom is by biometric but when you reached UK, you will need to show them the visa page. (Base on my India experience)
    ooh so it means i can play with the DIY machine again

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i receive and email from UKBA-Manila Visa Hub
    below are the following message from them:

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub"

Anyone receive similar email? what does this means? I find it funny is that how come manila not singapore, i did not apply my visa in manila lol! or could this be a mistake...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polar88)
    Hey guys i receive and email from UKBA-Manila Visa Hub
    below are the following message from them:

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. Applicants in Australia and New Zealand should allow 3 days before tracking their documents via the local post. UKBA-Manila Visa Hub"

Anyone receive similar email? what does this means? I find it funny is that how come manila not singapore, i did not apply my visa in manila lol! or could this be a mistake...
    Yes most or if not, all of us applied in sg, but our visas would be sent to manila to process. That email u received means that your visa will be delivered back to sg soon. So u just have to wait for vfs to send u a sms for u to go and collect it. It was quite accurate for me as i got it 3 days later.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Anybody going to the Pre-departure program organized by British council?

ReputationRep:
    As always Jonobebe your reply is lightning fast. Really thanks for the enlightenment!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! sorry for interrupting the convivial 'pre-departure' conversations with an applicants' angst... Has anyone realised that UCAS has forgotten to update the dropdown menu for qualification date in the education segment. Currently, the year 2012 is missing. What is an appropriate channel to inform UCAS of this mistake? a complaint email?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anybody going to the Pre-departure program organized by British council?

Does anyone know what it's for? I was definitely thinking about it, but these British council events do seem to be bit of a waste of time.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ofssinfoxes)
    Does anyone know what it's for? I was definitely thinking about it, but these British council events do seem to be bit of a waste of time.....

Yea i know right... But at 5pm there is something going on about insurance and finance. i am interested to know more.

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yea i know right... But at 5pm there is something going on about insurance and finance. i am interested to know more.

Oooh... That will be interesting. I'm also looking for an insurance, but Aviva didn't have a suitable one.... Anyone knows anything about insurance for studying overseas?

And if you DO go over to the event, please let us know if there's anything interesting worth noting! I will have to see if my work doesn't clash with it... Many thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mighty_mouse)
    I am going to the Uni of Leeds this september. anyone else?
    Hello! I'm going to the Uni of Leeds this September too. Will be in the business school. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjdjy)
    Hello! I'm going to the Uni of Leeds this September too. Will be in the business school. How about you?
    NAISE! You are the 2nd person here that I know is going to Leeds. heh. I will be doing psychology. When are you leaving and Have you gotten accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    NAISE! You are the 2nd person here that I know is going to Leeds. heh. I will be doing psychology. When are you leaving and Have you gotten accommodation?
    I have applied for accommodation but haven't gotten any news on that from the uni yet. I'm probably leaving Singapore on the 8th of September or 9th. Since the international students week begins the the week of 10th september, but maybe to avoid jetlag possibly a little earlier. not too sure yet! how about you, gotten accommodation and flight yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluffypillow)
    Hi!!! I'm going to leeds to study law. Thanks for the reply! Veevee too
    I also kind of guessed June would be the best time.

I also have the naming problem. The thing is they think that Beng is my middle name! I wonder if that needs to be rectified? And for the course fees, I'm supposed to get a scholarship from the school and I'm unsure if the discounted price should be reflected?? The cas they sent me was the undiscounted price
    Heya Fluffy! I'm headed to leeds to study Law too. Problem is... I havent received my CAS thingy. When did you get yours and have you settled your accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ofssinfoxes)
    Oooh... That will be interesting. I'm also looking for an insurance, but Aviva didn't have a suitable one.... Anyone knows anything about insurance for studying overseas?

And if you DO go over to the event, please let us know if there's anything interesting worth noting! I will have to see if my work doesn't clash with it... Many thanks in advance

ofssin, look up chartis! I got mine from there! They have a pretty decent package! Anyway, you're covered under the NHS so you should be all good on the medical side. This Chartis policy has coverage for loss of laptop and all that good stuff. Not that its a good thing to lose something that important... but its good to have some form of protection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjdjy)
    I have applied for accommodation but haven't gotten any news on that from the uni yet. I'm probably leaving Singapore on the 8th of September or 9th. Since the international students week begins the the week of 10th september, but maybe to avoid jetlag possibly a little earlier. not too sure yet! how about you, gotten accommodation and flight yet?
    I am leaving on the 11th Sept! will reach manchester on 12th morning. Applied for hostel as well and waiting for it. hah seems like there will be 4 of us going over to leeds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darcemeister)
    ofssin, look up chartis! I got mine from there! They have a pretty decent package! Anyway, you're covered under the NHS so you should be all good on the medical side. This Chartis policy has coverage for loss of laptop and all that good stuff. Not that its a good thing to lose something that important... but its good to have some form of protection.
    Just curious, which Chartis insurance did you get? Pricing seems abit steep. Wondering if is a better idea to get gadget insurance from UK instead.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by darcemeister)
    We're covered by NHS???? Really???

And I thought it takes about 2 years to see a dentist with the NHS scheme!

ReputationRep:
    I am leaving on the 11th Sept! will reach manchester on 12th morning. Applied for hostel as well and waiting for it. hah seems like there will be 4 of us going over to leeds.
    Cool, I guess we will all be meeting at the pre-departure meeting. I think its sometime in August!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.