Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    Nope, just you.
    The annoying thing is, when he does turn into a top player you'll be first to say you always thought that.

I remember the first few years with Cesc in our squad, and people were saying he was weak and had no ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Speak for yourself.
    Not really, the amount of stick Gooners have given him is unreal.
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    The annoying thing is, when he does turn into a top player you'll be first to say you always thought that.

I remember the first few years with Cesc in our squad, and people were saying he was weak and had no ability.
    Ah so Arsenal fans have always said he's a top player have they?:rolleyes: Cleverley> Ramsey by far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    Not really, the amount of stick Gooners have given him is unreal.

Ah so Arsenal fans have always said he's a top player have they?:rolleyes: Cleverley> Ramsey by far
    I think he's got a lot of promise, not sure how much damage the leg break did to his development though. As for comparing him and Cleverly, do they play the same position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    I think he's got a lot of promise, not sure how much damage the leg break did to his development though. As for comparing him and Cleverly, do they play the same position?
    :yy: :yy:

ReputationRep:
    As bad as ramsey is, he would be one of the best midfielder at united...

Tom cleverly is an amazing example of how a championship player can get lucky tbh

ReputationRep:
    SSN saying Bacary Sagna is having talks over a contract but he goes "Im not at a bad club" but he will decide whether the offer is good enough.

We should buy for 8mill sneijder and forget jovetic

ReputationRep:
    The past the future the past the future. Henry bergkamp pires fabregas. When will our supporters start living in the present. Our fans have turned like liverpool, this is now people.

ReputationRep:
    As of this moment Ramey's done enough to deserve a squad place but not quite enough to deserve starting XI. How difficult is it for you to comprehend that incredibly basic fact? If he keeps improving then, eventually, he will deserve a place in the starting XI but if he stays the same he'll be a rotated squad player until sold for maybe 2-3 million. Arteta and Rosicky only have a season or 2 left in them which gives Ramsey a season or 2 to show us his minerals. For 5 million he was a good purchase, if he fulfills his potential then he was a great purchase so let's wait and see what the kids got left to show us instead of being dicks about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    SSN saying Bacary Sagna is having talks over a contract but he goes "Im not at a bad club" but he will decide whether the offer is good enough.

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose to support arsenal. Did you follow your father's footsteps or did the style of play attract you. Just wonderin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    As bad as ramsey is, he would be one of the best midfielder at united...

Tom cleverly is an amazing example of how a championship player can get lucky tbh
    Basically this. Some United fans have finally started to see the light that Cleverly is really a severly limited player. I give him 2 more seasons max at united before he is moved onto mid table obscurity.

ReputationRep:
    :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Managerless city buying navas :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

He needs to **** off! No offense intended

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    I don't know what you're expecting but I have a feeling it's unrealistic. At the end of last season we went 10 matches unbeaten only conceding 5 or something. If we can maintain that into next season we'll be challenging.
    Already explained this. Tell me facing united who had nothing to play for at the emirates and everton at the emirates is nothing amazing and you couldn't even beat them. The rest of the matches where against teams who were battling relegation and nothing to play for. The unbeaten run is nothing amazing let's face it. You didn't even beat a team above you in the table last season home or away. That's a bad record if you're thinking of challenging, you'll get 75 points tops unless you get quality signings while the rest will get 80+.

Sorry to burst your bubbles but seriously if you think having the easiest run in and getting a good points tally from it would get you challenging the other top teams for the title mate come on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Just out of curiosity, why did you choose to support arsenal. Did you follow your father's footsteps or did the style of play attract you. Just wonderin
    certainly not the latter and my dads a liverpoo fan so I guess I chose the best team in the area when I was 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Already explained this. Tell me facing united who had nothing to play for at the emirates and everton at the emirates is nothing amazing and you couldn't even beat them. The rest of the matches where against teams who were battling relegation and nothing to play for. The unbeaten run is nothing amazing let's face it. You didn't even beat a team above you in the table last season home or away. That's a bad record if you're thinking of challenging, you'll get 75 points tops unless you get quality signings while the rest will get 80+.

Sorry to burst your bubbles but seriously if you think having the easiest run in and getting a good points tally from it would get you challenging the other top teams for the title mate come on.
    Can't really remember my post but pretty sure I covered that, oh well.

In seasons gone by, something we've really struggled with is seeing off the smaller teams, heck, even earlier this season we struggled with it with the likes of Norwich, Fulham & Swansea. The league isn't just decided on whether you can beat the top 3 teams but how well you perform against all 19. Being able to see off these teams was reassuring.

What was more reassuring was seeing the defensive stability rather than the results - earlier in the season the number of mistakes made cost us so many points (e.g. Vermaelen v Man Utd and Kos' sending off v Man City). Going into next season with this defence and a team hasn't had a major reshuffle will mean we won't get off to a slow start and hopefully we'll repeat the strong finish.

I, certainly, see us getting more points next season but I don't think we'll win the league just because The Obnoxious One is back at Chelsea - I think the gap between us and 1st will be much smaller though (as long as our attack improves).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Can't really remember my post but pretty sure I covered that, oh well.

In seasons gone by, something we've really struggled with is seeing off the smaller teams, heck, even earlier this season we struggled with it with the likes of Norwich, Fulham & Swansea. The league isn't just decided on whether you can beat the top 3 teams but how well you perform against all 19. Being able to see off these teams was reassuring.

What was more reassuring was seeing the defensive stability rather than the results - earlier in the season the number of mistakes made cost us so many points (e.g. Vermaelen v Man Utd and Kos' sending off v Man City). Going into next season with this defence and a team hasn't had a major reshuffle will mean we won't get off to a slow start and hopefully we'll repeat the strong finish.

I, certainly, see us getting more points next season but I don't think we'll win the league just because The Obnoxious One is back at Chelsea - I think the gap between us and 1st will be much smaller though (as long as our attack improves).
    Yeah, but you didn't even play that amazing near the end of the season, while an improvement you've not really played great but a wins a win tbf.
    I agree that you'll start the season better, but you'll need some key signings if you're talking about the title. I still see 75 points. I guess you can now see off the smaller teams, but this was the same case last season, A clinical striker and a physical DM would do you well

Yeah I think it'll be between chelsea and city for the title with united slightly behind and you guys around the 75-80 point region. The gulf in quality between the top 5/6 and the rest is quite big now.

ReputationRep:
    No team has won the league and failed to beat any of the top four.

Beating the small teams is important, but you need to stop your rivals from gaining points.

To get into the top four all you need to do is beat the lower teams, but to win the league you need to beat your rivals. At the bare minimum you need to at least draw with them.

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny : "I hope the club will show ambition, if not I'll leave
    Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Female Gunner)
    Koscielny : "I hope the club will show ambition, if not I'll leave
    Opinions?
    Taking into account you left out the final speech mark Im hoping the comment is not real but it would be a massive blow if true.

What he defines as ambition will probably be different to arsenes wengers definition as we saw with the RVP situation

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.