Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Δεφιαντ1;46264064[/QUOTE]

Dear user with awesome Greek letters / numbers as ur name ( sorry if they aren't Greek or I offend u )
    Please delete ur post before u get blue carded( I got blue carded for calling someone something rather rude ......... I don't want u 2 be penalised ) .... It's ok hugby jus needs some loving... We should provide this ........let's help him deal with his / her condition........ ( don't mean to offend anyone here ) I am genuinely concerned about his/ her well being . Let's show some luv ....
    Ok this is the last post on the matter

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by hello101)
      Dear user with awesome Greek letters / numbers as ur name ( sorry if they aren't Greek or I offend u )
      Please delete ur post before u get blue carded( I got blue carded for calling someone something rather rude ......... I don't want u 2 be penalised ) .... It's ok hugby jus needs some loving... We should provide this ........let's help him deal with his / her condition........ ( don't mean to offend anyone here ) I am genuinely concerned about his/ her well being . Let's show some luv ....
      Ok this is the last post on the matter

Posted from TSR Mobile
      fiiineee. i don't want to be put on the tsr naughty step

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Malakey95)
      YoYo Kings

I'm an EU applicant !!

Well I have been following this thread since it started when I decided to apply to the UK. In the past few hours it has disgusted me the comments passed by Hugby1, I have actually doubted my suitability for Kings College due to the attitude and behaviors of some, and I HOPE for everyone's sake who actually gets into Kings College this year that they never have to meet people who behave like that in their life.

I'll admit I barely understood half the terminology Hugby1 used, and my GCSE equivalent in English is anything but amazing - a mere D. Despite that I had an interview BUT you know what applying to medicine has not been the hardest thing I've done in my life! So Hughby1 if you get an offer CONGRATULATIONS because you know what, you deserve it!

I had my interview on December 10th ... my two month wait came to an end tonight at 7:45pm (the suspense of the decision I will leave till last )! I had my interview with Robyn (Bobbin_along) whom got an offer in early January - she deserved it so much! Such a nice person. Study hard!

I also know there was another Irish guy interviewed the same day and yet another Kerryman (?) just a few days ago!!
      C'mon the Irish!!!!

Thank you to Hello101 (?) for giving me that happy feeling reading all your comments (I'll be praying you get in), Rosine also with her tubs of ice-cream!!! I'll stalk this thread so you better let me hear ASAP.

So at my interview, I enjoyed it! I actually enjoyed it way too much!!! I didn't think they liked my accent, I got the feeling they thought I was drunk because I laughed so much and even snorted like a pig. I was far too happy for them I think. But you know what I enjoyed it, and that's the main thing. Okay it's not the main things!!!!
      The main thing is getting into medicine!!! and unfortunately for me ......

Rejected !!!!

So guys it's a learning curve!!! and if you want to take anything from my experience don't ever alter your personality, or who you are, or how you behave just to get your 'dream' University. Because it may not be your Dream! I was extremely reserved when I went to an interview last year to get into an International School in Ireland to do my final year exams. Never ever adapt who you are to gain admission! It's not worth it in the end, my final year was the most uncomfortable and horrible experience ever - I should never have left my previous school.

Be true to yourself guys!

Thanks Kings for that miserable wait, heart throbbing moment off email checking, that excitement of being in London for a day, torture of other people getting offers. But thanks so much for telling me I would not fit in, in your College, it will make my life easier.

ADIOS...........
      lol.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by KerryMan)
      One day after interview and I'm already back to checking portal. What has my life become?
      HAHA! was your interview on tuesday? mine was at 12 I've promised myself not to look at the portal for atleast two weeks!!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hugby1)
      Please remove yourself from your moral high horse. Your false concern is rather transparent, unveiling a rather weak interior. You will not get far in the cut throat world of medicine.
      LOLOLOLOL this is quite entertaining, please carry on
      you remind me of cut throat ***** in house ^.^

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, mine was at 2.20. My interviewers were so withdrawn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      x
      Damn, and there we all were thinking you had to be a good team player and respect your colleagues to be a good doctor.. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, that sort of attitude won't get you anywhere in medicine.

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, mine was at 2.20. My interviewers were so withdrawn.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awwh dw, thats just part of their act. I'm sure you done great! they were doing good cop, bad cop with me. the bad cop was a real snob :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tuni530)
      Awwh dw, thats just part of their act. I'm sure you done great! they were doing good cop, bad cop with me. the bad cop was a real snob :unimpressed:

Fingers crossed anyway. Is King's your first choice?

ReputationRep:
      Fingers crossed anyway. Is King's your first choice?

yep, kinda sad how bad i want it lol. wbu?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tuni530)
      yep, kinda sad how bad i want it lol. wbu?
      I'm sure you'll get it. Yeah, it PROBABLY will be...

if St. Andrews don't give me an offer....

ReputationRep:
      Hi, new to TSR!

May I just ask, how many days notice did people get for their interview?
      I applied for 2014 entry and I'm a home student, but still haven't heard if I have an interview or not.
      Getting anxious now

ReputationRep:
      I got exactly two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bubble101)
      Hi, new to TSR!

May I just ask, how many days notice did people get for their interview?
      I applied for 2014 entry and I'm a home student, but still haven't heard if I have an interview or not.
      Getting anxious now
      i got 20 days notice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      oh dear.I have just read some of the comments made by 'hugby'(really?)

I can assure you no one at Kings is like this and if they do get in,they will struggle year3 onwards because it's clinics,where you actually have to have empathy and be a friendly person and communicate with patients and your peers,mentors EFFECTIVELY.something hugby clearly has no grasp on.

Everyone else applying,good luck and to those of you who haven't got in,never give up!A lot of people re apply,take gap years,apply after degrees and they get in.If medicine is what you want to do then don't give up and it will happen!

ReputationRep:
      lol.
      I'd like to see you write a similar amount in a foreign language!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hello101)
      Coz I love it ..... And I luv most people here ...... Hugby ..... Have a virtual hug from me..... U need some lovin.... Nothing better than a bit of of brotherly luv from me ...... Lolz lol lol lol lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
      We should just have hugs all round!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by medic23)
      oh dear.I have just read some of the comments made by 'hugby'(really?)

I can assure you no one at Kings is like this and if they do get in,they will struggle year3 onwards because it's clinics,where you actually have to have empathy and be a friendly person and communicate with patients and your peers,mentors EFFECTIVELY.something hugby clearly has no grasp on.

Everyone else applying,good luck and to those of you who haven't got in,never give up!A lot of people re apply,take gap years,apply after degrees and they get in.If medicine is what you want to do then don't give up and it will happen!
      Thank you.
      I am guessing your already studying med, your living my dream Good to know no one at Kings is like this. Phew!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Priya_Biju)
      Thank you.
      I am guessing your already studying med, your living my dream Good to know no one at Kings is like this. Phew!
      Yes I amIt will happen for you too!There's always one annoying person on these forums every year dw!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by medic23)
      Yes I amIt will happen for you too!There's always one annoying person on these forums every year dw!
      Hopefully Been checking my portal every 10 mins for the past 4 months and continuing.
      Good luck with your studies

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.