Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Stan the Man! Rolling towards another Slam potentially

ReputationRep:
    I think the 1st set is crucial for Murray today, can't see him coming back from behind as Djokovic front runs so well

ReputationRep:
    Murray is a mental midget

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic again letting the crowd get to him, he needs to learn to ignore them and just plow through

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic doing that thing that Federer used to always do -- hitting a good shot and then admiring it, assuming the point is over. Getting a little too complacent I think.

He is a better player than Murray for sure, but the Scot is not some journeyman who can be screwed around with.

ReputationRep:
    Credit to Murray for taking the third set. He usually goes out with a whimper when he's losing to Djokovic/Nadal.

ReputationRep:
    Did the commentator just say chokeovic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wawrinka definitely the big winner of the day. If the match between Murray and Djokovic goes to 5 might go as far as saying that Stan's the favourite. In terms of who the suspension favours it's hard to tell, if both come back refreshed then who knows, Murray may have the energy to take it into a fifth

ReputationRep:
    Murray showed great fight in that 3rd set and cleverly managed to get the crowd almost entirely on his side, which allowed him to ride a small wave of adrenaline/momentum. Tomorrow, it's all about who starts off quicker - the crowd always take their own time to get into things.

ReputationRep:
    Problem is that Murray had enough today to get it to a fifth. Whether he would have enough energy in the fifth set to win is another matter. However tomorrow Djokovic could easily take over the fourth set.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Murray showed great fight in that 3rd set and cleverly managed to get the crowd almost entirely on his side, which allowed him to ride a small wave of adrenaline/momentum. Tomorrow, it's all about who starts off quicker - the crowd always take their own time to get into things.
    Very clever indeed, that's a great way to get the upperhand against Djokovic by making the crowd go against him, in those scenarios he rarely plays his best tennis. I still think Djokovic will go through but if he does this match may too much out of him for an in form and extra rested Stan in the final, I hope Djokovic proves me wrong though and can somehow finish Murray off then Stan in the final. The road to the career slam definitely isn't easy and just shows exactly why, even peak Federer and Nadal could never get the calender slam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Very clever indeed, that's a great way to get the upperhand against Djokovic by making the crowd go against him, in those scenarios he rarely plays his best tennis. I still think Djokovic will go through but if he does this match may too much out of him for an in form and extra rested Stan in the final, I hope Djokovic proves me wrong though and can somehow finish Murray off then Stan in the final. The road to the career slam definitely isn't easy and just shows exactly why, even peak Federer and Nadal could never get the calender slam
    I agree. In fact, to put yourself into a position to win the Calendar Slam, you have to (of course) start by winning the AO, which is itself a tough thing to do, coming straight in after the off-season. Djokovic has done this the most number of times (5) and as a result has given himself plenty of chances to do so (2011 by far the closest one) - if he continues his recent dominance at the AO, he will continue to have these chances. If not this year, then perhaps 2016.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    I agree. In fact, to put yourself into a position to win the Calendar Slam, you have to (of course) start by winning the AO, which is itself a tough thing to do, coming straight in after the off-season. Djokovic has done this the most number of times (5) and as a result has given himself plenty of chances to do so (2011 by far the closest one) - if he continues his recent dominance at the AO, he will continue to have these chances. If not this year, then perhaps 2016.
    Maybe, but inevitably with each passing year it'll get harder, the only positive for Djokovic right now is that the best players on the tour are either the same age as him or older, with the lack of younger stars Djokovic's window of slam success could last another 2-3 years if he stays fit.

ReputationRep:
    As an interesting indicator of the big 4 decline. The last 6 grand slams have seen the big 4 contest only 3 finals. Contrast to 2012 and 2013 when the big 4 contested 7 of the 8 finals.

ReputationRep:
    Cracking break by Murray there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Into the 5th set!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Into the 5th set!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Solid hold thereat the end of the fourth. I still see Novak winning overall though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wawrinka has won RG. Great fight from Murray but whoever wins will get smoked by Wawrinka in the final in max 4 sets

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic breaks already. Murray had too many unforced errors

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Curtains for Murray

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.