Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I agree some support Israel just for hate of Muslims while some support Palestine because they hate Jews. They hate of Muslims largely because they see them as terrorists who did 9/11. What about this hatred of Jews? why nobody dares ask what the Jews did to the Germans to make them hated.

ReputationRep:
    Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee palastine!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)
    Whether they claim it's relevant or not, that charter was written by Hamas and shows its opinion on the Jewish people. The same leader who cosigned the charter to history has said recently that he will not live side-by-side with Israel. There is no question that Israel is in just about the worst place it could be, but the fact is that it exists and isn't going anywhere. So, back to my original question, which was, "do you honestly think Israel would be left in peace if it were to disarm?" The answer to this is an emphatic "NO".

As I've said, I do not approve with the actions of Israel, but what is it meant to do when Hamas refuses to acknowledge or accept its existence, whether it is oppressing Palestinians or not?
    Why should Hamas accept its existence while they continue to break international laws and oppress Palestine, as they have been doing since the beginning of this conflict? Are you taking the piss right now? Your position, as I mentioned earlier, is literally that Israel should be able to do whatever the **** it wants to Palestine, and when Hamas rightfully retaliates, the fault lies with Hamas. It's an utterly ludicrous view, Israel shows no intent of truly backing down, they continue to colonise the very few areas of land the Palestinians still have, these ceasefires are another pathetic attempt to look like the good guys. Let me invade your home and make myself comfortable and when you come to boot me out by force, I'm going to call a ceasefire and if you refuse then you are the terrorist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miscounted_time)
    1. The blockade- the blockade is a direct result of attacks by Hamas on Israel.
    In 2005 (despite threats from anti-Semitic Hamas) Israel signed an agreement with the PA that gave Palestine COMPLETE control over it's own exports/imports.

In 2007 Hamas staged a violent coup, removing the current government (who had the agreement with Israel) slaughtered many of their own beloved Palestinians which included throwing people form roof tops and shooting in cold blood the already wounded. They then declared themselves the new government and declared there war on Israel. Hamas are a terrorist organisation.
    Israel then set up an entirely LEGAL blockade which is wholly sanctioned by the UN to prevent Hamas (terrorist organisation) from importing arms that could be used against Israel.

2. You hate the Jews who watch the bombs drop while while eating popcorn. Therefore I assume you must equally hate the people of Palestine who openly celebrated in the streets at the death of innocent civilians in the terrorist attack of 9/11.

3. The people who oppose Hamas are the ones I truly feel for and I sympathise with them a great deal because they are dying for a cause that have no say in, unfortunately this is an all to common story and is the same with every conflict in history, it's the innocent who suffer.
    Hamas have made it quite clear that they will not be happy until Israel is eradicated entirely. There is no room for compromise, that was the intention of Hamas before they even took power. Hamas cannot however defeat Israel with mere rockets as long as the iron dome exists. Therefore Hamas will actively continue to cause civilian deaths which they can use as propaganda to stir up anti-semitism in West in the hope the west will take military action action Israel or open the blockade to allow them access to more advanced weaponry.
    Hamas couldn't care less about civilians whether Israeli or Palestinian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You show me one piece of evidence that Palestine started to celebrate when 9/11 occured? you just chat Bull****
    and Hamas has the right to go against israel after what happened in 1948 when it was taken over by zionists such as theodore herzl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpiff)
    Which side are you on?! Do people realise how complex this issue is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No.

Hence why everyone and their dog feels they can comment.

I can't think of any other topic where everyone has an opinion despite the fact they have no connection to the topic and their only knowledge is from the BBC or a couple of youtube vids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thuglife123)
    Bill_Gates you just said that they were going to destroy "Israel", well if they never took over Palestine in 1948 then there wouldn't need to "gang up" on israel. Why would you want to a state where the majority of people were muslims?
    lol kids these days. Britain had control over the whole region, they then offset the partition to the UN. Israel agreed to the partition and then Palestine disagreed and opted for war! and then Israel offered them an agreement again and they declined and went for war. Hence why "Palestine" has been getting smaller and smaller until now where it is a radical islamic hell hole! too risky to develop.

ReputationRep:
    Netanyahu has violated 67 UN resolutions but no one has the audacity to help Palestine. This is all hatred towards the people of Palestine and Muslims. "Israel" are the real terrorists killing innocent people. If that was a Muslim state doing the same there would be Worldwide Uproar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    Why should Hamas accept its existence while they continue to break international laws and oppress Palestine, as they have been doing since the beginning of this conflict? Are you taking the piss right now? Your position, as I mentioned earlier, is literally that Israel should be able to do whatever the **** it wants to Palestine, and when Hamas rightfully retaliates, the fault lies with Hamas. It's an utterly ludicrous view, Israel shows no intent of truly backing down, they continue to colonise the very few areas of land the Palestinians still have, these ceasefires are another pathetic attempt to look like the good guys. Let me invade your home and make myself comfortable and when you come to boot me out by force, I'm going to call a ceasefire and if you refuse then you are the terrorist
    You're not getting my point. If Israel obeyed all laws and put down all weapons, Hamas would not recognise or accept its existence. I actually made that quite clear in my previous post.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly cannot understand why people side with Palestine. Palestine started the conflict, attacked Israel despite being given the Gaza strip in 2005 as a sign of peace, and want to eradicate the country off the map! What is Israel expected to do? Sit and allow itself to get destoryed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    The difference is that these were not transplanted states. States like Syria and Iraq were the result of the previous ruler, the Ottoman Empire, losing control over the region and new states formed to replace it, governing the already-present population. Israel, by contrast, was a state formed to govern a mostly new population recently arrived there precisely for that purpose.
    incorrect, again iran, and iraq were demarked with new borders and various muslims for example of persian descent migrated to a new made homeland in iran, and various shia muslims also settled in those countries whereas sunni muslims settled in saudi and other gulf states.

the britsh plan was to create various states for persians, shias, sunni arabs and the jews. it was an ambitious plan carving out what was once jsut simply a wide exapanse of an empire controlled from turkey, but they did it, in doing so giving nationality and freedom to all these peoplee. so the jews have a rigth to settle int heir 'homeland' too, set in a region where judaism has a recorded history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    lol kids these days. Britain had control over the whole region, they then offset the partition to the UN. Israel agreed to the partition and then Palestine disagreed and opted for war! and then Israel offered them an agreement again and they declined and went for war. Hence why "Palestine" has been getting smaller and smaller until now where it is a radical islamic hell hole! too risky to develop.
    Kids? OK then, Before Britain took over the whole region what was it called? Obviously you got your information from Wikipedia you uneducated a**wipe.
    Palestine had the right to decline the partition as it was already their COUNTRY! Even some Jewish people are against the false state "ISRAEL"

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Before the British signed the Balfour declaration at the behest of Zionist Bankers Palestine had a jewish population of 11% and they lived in harmony with arabs.

Secondly whilst Palestine was never a independent country so what ? it was not virgin land and it had people who lived there for generations.

When the ottaman empire collapsed lots of countries sprung out of former ottaman provinces and the locals of palestine had that right as well. Just as people of Yorkshire would have a right to a independent country if the UK collapsed or the people of paris if france collapsed. You cant deny people self determination just because their history is largely being a province in a larger country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thuglife123)
    Kids? OK then, Before Britain took over the whole region what was it called? Obviously you got your information from Wikipedia you uneducated a**wipe.
    Palestine had the right to decline the partition as it was already their COUNTRY! Even some Jewish people are against the false state "ISRAEL"
    Jewish people had a right to the land, Jews need a state of their own without a doubt.

Also in your last post you said, the need for aggression was due to Israel being formed. Well as soon as it wiped the floor with Egypt, Syria, Jordan it was acknowledged as a state and enjoys all the privileges of being a state now i.e self defence against terrorism. Nope, only a tiny minority are against zionism and non of your social media propaganda which shows "jews" against Israel is either photo shopped, taken from different years (i.e Germany demostrations). Most Jews are for Israel and rightly so they should be. Without Israel the Jews would be facing another holocaust.

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    And if Hamas obeyed all laws and put down all weapons, Israel would completely stop its colonisation of the West Bank? No more building of settlements and further suffocation of the populace? Yeah right

As if that'd even be a redeeming point at this stage anyway. They've already taken so much of the Palestinian peoples' land, and committed so many war crimes and acts of injustice against innocent civilians, that whatever they do now is practically meaningless and sure as hell doesn't absolve them of anything

That's a point you seem to be missing. You spend 60+ years oppressing people to the point where they have zero liberties, lose their homes, aid and supplies, and also are killed in their thousands. Throwing down your arms after all of that does not suddenly make you the righteous ones. Far from it
    Heard it all before, emotional nonsense. Israel already controls all the land, Palestine have been offered bread but they throw back bombs.

I do not sympathize with terrorists or terrorist supporters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)
    You're not getting my point. If Israel obeyed all laws and put down all weapons, Hamas would not recognise or accept its existence. I actually made that quite clear in my previous post.
    And if Hamas obeyed all laws and put down all weapons, Israel would completely stop its colonisation of the West Bank? No more building of settlements and further suffocation of the populace? Yeah right

As if that'd even be a redeeming point at this stage anyway. They've already taken so much of the Palestinian peoples' land, and committed so many war crimes and acts of injustice against innocent civilians, that whatever they do now is practically meaningless and sure as hell doesn't absolve them of anything

That's a point you seem to be missing. You spend 60+ years oppressing people to the point where they have zero liberties, lose their homes, aid and supplies, and also are killed in their thousands. Throwing down your arms after all of that does not suddenly make you the righteous ones, neither does it entitle you to be the ones to call a ceasefire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Settlements aren't temporary
    There are no settlements in Gaza.

Israel removed all the settlements in 2005.

How can you deny the death toll? Over 1300 vs 58. That paints a picture of what's actually happening,
    Does it? 453 British servicemen have died in Afghanistan. They have killed many more Afghans than that.

The British killed many more German civilians, than Germany killed British.

with the majority being women and children.
    Completely false.

A spokesperson from the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OSHA) who spoke on condition of anonymity because she was not authorized to speak to the media, told The Media Line that as of the morning of July 29, 239 children, and 124 women were killed
    It's worth noting that other figures are lower than this.

That leaves around 900 men.

Israel is directly killing civilians whether you like to admit it or not. Facts are facts
    So do all armies in all conflicts. Very few conflicts don't involve a civilian population. Especially ones where the civilian population are used as human shields.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    I do not sympathize with terrorists or terrorist supporters.
    So why sympathize with Israel? Practically the definition of terrorists

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.