The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3540
I had originally applied to clare college, got interviewed and received a letter saying that i had been unsuccessful for clare, but they had "recommended" me for the winter pool. I was just hoping that if Clare thought I had some potential, maybe an undersubscribed college would too?
Original post by CaitlinDy
I very much doubt I was better than the Fish!
St Andrews it is, provided they accept. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah unlucky man, good luck with the other places, I'm sure you will excel wherever you go. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minerva

Unless, extraordinarily, an interview invitation has gone astray, this does mean that an offer is coming your way. I can't believe they would have phoned you otherwise!

They didn't phone me but sent an email, but I guess it's the same as long as they said that another college is going to contact me. Also, the email was the scanned copy of the letter, which was dated 9 January and didn't say anything about having already heard from them so I suppose this excludes the possibility of an invitation to attend an interview, which should have come earlier.
Original post by Minerva

Having now seen the text of the letter your friend got, an offer is definitely on its way to him.

Thank you! I'm very happy, he totally deserved an offer. He's one of those rare people I've spoken to who you can immediately tell is intelligent.
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Bad news :frown: both engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear that ):

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by happyavocado
Oh no!! I'm sorry to hear that ):

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah there's only 3 of us and it's me and them in our further maths class too, so it might be a bit awkward for a few days next week :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah there's only 3 of us and it's me and them in our further maths class too, so it might be a bit awkward for a few days next week :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, from what I understand there are some belittling arses at Cambridge any way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how long it takes for UCAS to update the offers? I'm from America, so I don't expect my letter for a while :frown:
Got an offer and I cannot fathom it. I am beyond ecstatic. So glad to see the news from everyone I have become familiar with through incessantly stalking the Cambridge threads :tongue: Good luck!
Original post by Mathemusician
Has anyone heard from Clare for maths? My letter didn't come...

A boy from my school got a rejection letter today for maths at clare
Yeah that will be so weird, there's quite a few economists with cambridge offers on here now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was your offer like? Mine was A*AA with the A* in any subject. I always thought it would have to come in Maths!
I'm still buzzing so much :biggrin: I'm so happy that so many people from this thread have gotten offers! Makes me a bit emotional to think of it :') And to everyone who hasn't, you will go somewhere else amazing and do brilliant things, and a rejection is not a judgement on you as a person. They reject lots of people who would have done brilliantly there.
Original post by EHZ17
What was your offer like? Mine was A*AA with the A* in any subject. I always thought it would have to come in Maths!

You got an offer! :biggrin:

Mine was similar to yours - my Lit offer is A*AA with an A in Lit. I was sure they'd specify the A* in Lit, but I could get it in Maths if I so please :tongue:
Want to genuinely thank you all.
Although I haven't contributed much to these threads, I feel like I know you all so well from watching all these posts over the different threads on the Cambridge forum, and I've got to say, my experience would have been much more confusing and scary if it hadn't been for people on TSR.
So thank you for making my experience what it was, and although I'm expecting a rejection on Monday, I hope I'll see you all around. :smile:
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Don't worry, from what I understand there are some belittling arses at Cambridge any way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually I got in and they didn't which is why it's awkward :colondollar:
Original post by EHZ17

A*AA in Further maths, economics and English lit (any order) weird because maths isn't even included in mine aha, but obviously I have to pass it in order to get a further maths grade
Hello! I haven't posted since news about interviews came out but I've been watching, especially in the last couple of days! Was just wondering if there were any other Downing offer holders? I have an offer for NatSci (can't believe I am saying this!). Congratulations to anyone else who has an offer! :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ah, cool !

Mine was on the 12th

Mine was on the 16th so I wouldn't have met you. Isn't it simply surreal? Christ's had the most NatSci applicants this year :biggrin:

That was a self-report measure though, perhaps the Cambridge students were just very self-critical. :p:
Reply 3559
Original post by Sp44
I had originally applied to clare college, got interviewed and received a letter saying that i had been unsuccessful for clare, but they had "recommended" me for the winter pool. I was just hoping that if Clare thought I had some potential, maybe an undersubscribed college would too?
What exactly did the letter say? Are you a medic?

Original post by Noemiluisa
They didn't phone me but sent an email, but I guess it's the same as long as they said that another college is going to contact me. Also, the email was the scanned copy of the letter, which was dated 9 January and didn't say anything about having already heard from them so I suppose this excludes the possibility of an invitation to attend an interview, which should have come earlier.
Yes it is :smile: - apologies, misunderstood something you'd posted earlier when I thought they'd phoned you.

Original post by kbridget
Does anyone know how long it takes for UCAS to update the offers? I'm from America, so I don't expect my letter for a while :frown:
Your letter is likely to get to you first - you can also request an email copy of it if you haven't already.

Latest

Trending

Trending