Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    yeah at the moment
    I'll be traveling from Liverpool too

(Original post by Stefano93)
    Welbz to make a sub and score would just make the night special :moon:
    I don't think Welbz has the mentality to rise to the occasion of facing his childhood club tbh, he's too nice a guy to be ruthless against a club he's so emotionally invested in. RVP on the other hand probably didn't lose any sleep over the prospect of scoring and celebrating against a club he spend 8 years at. Therein lies the difference of mentality.

That's why Theo has to start. Theo has that ruthless mentality that makes him so effective in big matches, he's a very determined individual, he wanted to win at all costs. He'd gladly rip his England team mate to shreds down the right. It clear to see he'd snake Arsenal down the line if we ever gave him the opportunity to, that's why we need to get him tied down ASAP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I hope Ozil scores a hattrick so that Paul Scholes looks like a mug.
    Scholes needs to shut his ****ing dirty mouth for once, especially seeing as he never used to do interviews.

Guessing there's been some secret gambling and alcohol addiction that has left him short of a few bob.

Only thing better would be for dat guy to grab a couple from some cheeky Mesut through balls

ReputationRep:
    Seems Barcelona are keeping tabs on the most dangerous player they've plaid against. Not a credible source but wouldn't be surprised if its true.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2015...ff+The+Post%29

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Scholes needs to shut his ****ing dirty mouth for once, especially seeing as he never used to do interviews.

Guessing there's been some secret gambling and alcohol addiction that has left him short of a few bob.

Only thing better would be for dat guy to grab a couple from some cheeky Mesut through balls
    Scholes is a hypocrite anyway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ts-pundit.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...st-player.html

ReputationRep:
    Scholes isnt a great pundit sadly. Some of the things he says makes me cringe but sometimes he's bang on the money. He's also one of the few who would brutally take United apart whereas the others such as Neville (to an extent), Phil and Butt would not speak out of terms with whats going on at United.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)

I don't think Welbz has the mentality to rise to the occasion of facing his childhood club tbh, he's too nice a guy to be ruthless against a club he's so emotionally invested in. RVP on the other hand probably didn't lose any sleep over the prospect of scoring and celebrating against a club he spend 8 years at. Therein lies the difference of mentality.

That's why Theo has to start. Theo has that ruthless mentality that makes him so effective in big matches, he's a very determined individual, he wanted to win at all costs. He'd gladly rip his England team mate to shreds down the right. It clear to see he'd snake Arsenal down the line if we ever gave him the opportunity to, that's why we need to get him tied down ASAP
    Theo HAS to start cos he won't be fazed by playing against Man U unlike half our players. Wilshere also has a good mentality to win games but I don't know if he is back yet.
    And I really hope Mert is actually going to try his ass off cos he looks like he doesn't care at all when he plays.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Scholes is an awful pundit, i'm not sure why he's suddenly started opening his mouth but I don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    Have a feeling this will be a replay and you'll beat them at the Emirates.
    (Original post by sr90)
    Scholes is an awful pundit, i'm not sure why he's suddenly started opening his mouth but I don't like it.
    Cash.
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I'll be traveling from Liverpool too
    Lol you and Kruz should meet up.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jam277)
    Have a feeling this will be a replay and you'll beat them at the Emirates.

Cash.

Lol you and Kruz should meet up.
    If it does go to a replay then we'll probably lose. I'm so annoyed that this is on a Monday night, there's virtually no football on this weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If it does go to a replay then we'll probably lose. I'm so annoyed that this is on a Monday night, there's virtually no football on this weekend
    Yeah I'm just gonna watch other leagues instead but it's annoying because there's no early kickoff for the other leagues.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah I'm just gonna watch other leagues instead but it's annoying because there's no early kickoff for the other leagues.
    Today is ok as there's 2 FA Cup games and a Premier League game.

Tomorrow is **** though, 1 game which will just be Liverpool winning easily.

ReputationRep:
    **** weekend for football, 3 ****ty FA Cup games and Tottenham vs QPR, plus I normally stay late at uni on a Monday to get all my **** done but that's not going to happen now.

Can see why Scholes hates Ozil, Scholes' was the tough guy in the midfield who could also pass.

Saying Ozil took the easy option is a bit of a piss take though, he'd have still probably started at Madrid and he chose to go to a team at the beginning of their building phase financially speaking, on paper we have one of the best squads in the league now bar the defence and goalkeeper and even then we're only 2 or 3 players short at most.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    on paper we have one of the best squads in the league now bar the defence and goalkeeper and even then we're only 2 or 3 players short at most.
    I don't think Ospina or Chesney are top class but they're too good to justify spending a fortune on another keeper. Who would you even get anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I don't think Ospina or Chesney are top class but they're too good to justify spending a fortune on another keeper. Who would you even get anyway?
    I agree to an extent, they're both reliable enough keepers and we'd have to spend a fortune on any replacement, and tbh I can't think of anyone available other than maybe Casillas who has aged and isn't exactly any better atm

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile, in Russia...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/ex...bizzles-track/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ospina and Szczesny are a throwback to the days when goalkeepers were mad.

ReputationRep:
    **** weekend for football, 3 ****ty FA Cup games and Tottenham vs QPR, plus I normally stay late at uni on a Monday to get all my **** done but that's not going to happen now.

Can see why Scholes hates Ozil, Scholes' was the tough guy in the midfield who could also pass.

Saying Ozil took the easy option is a bit of a piss take though, he'd have still probably started at Madrid and he chose to go to a team at the beginning of their building phase financially speaking, on paper we have one of the best squads in the league now bar the defence and goalkeeper and even then we're only 2 or 3 players short at most.
    Nah we're no where near it in the striker position and defensive midfield position. 4 players short minimum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I have never liked Theo, if he wants to go then he can piss off. I would rather we bring in Lacazette , guy has a higher ceiling that Theo imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Tbh I have never liked Theo, if he wants to go then he can piss off. I would rather we bring in Lacazette , guy has a higher ceiling that Theo imo.
    Lol says the guy bumming it off Giroud and saying what a world class player he is. If anything Giroud has reached his Ceiling and is at his max or very close to his max capabilities. I swear the most excuses I've heard for Giroud have something to do with him being good looking so its alright if he's not that good.

ReputationRep:
    Theo will come good, lmao at people already saying we should sell him.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.