Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    Anyone get the mythical 600/600 in any of their A levels?
    Edexcel Maths
    AQA Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    Oh snap, it seems to have happened to the best of us (but nonetheless well done Student!)
    I'm just imagining the ATs face like wtf she met her offer but got the lower grade in the subject she wants to do 😒
    He really deserved it - he worked his arse off for physics. I remember how disappointed he was after his Unit 4 in January, but I kept telling him he'd get full UMS on Unit 5 (and he did!)

It's just the exam board, I swear - Edexcel Physics is the worst, and it's barely actual physics anyway. :lol:

How far were you from the A*? My Unit 5 was a lot worse than I expected, but got an A* in Unit 4 lol

ReputationRep:
    How does one go about getting full ums in a physics ISA :eek:

(Original post by Messier31)
    How does one go about getting full ums in a physics ISA :eek:
    Memorise the mark schemes of every single previous ISA; learn not to answer questions like a reasonable person would, but rather in the way an examiner would; there is no time limit on the practical part itself (well, within what is possible with your teachers and school), so do lots of working for the written test there.

Anyone else at Pembroke? Also, any one else studying philosophy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Good good XD

Congrats! Gl for A levels too

Hahaha you'll be fine though, good luck today
    Congratulations 🎉
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    yeah ffs I marked urs and predicted urs within 3 marks of ur actual score but zacin over here thought he'd rather enjoy intense psycological torture over a couple months come on fam

Haha, thanks guys. Sorry for the late reply. And yeah, English Muon, likewise mate, I kept telling you that you had the S in the bag, but you refused to believe me. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Thanks for everything, jneill, you're a gem.

I can't believe
    it Im shaking omg actually going to Cambridge wtaaaaaaf
    I know, right?! It's so surreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Thanks for everything, jneill, you're a gem.

I know, right?! It's so surreal.
    Zacken.
    When u flying.
    What flight.
    I will pick u up on my gondola.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Is anyone else here studying Engineering or going to Trinity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    haha I got it for Physics as well, first in my school's history to get it
    Meanwhile, in my east london school, 1 A* in physics in the last two years.
    I did even get close. LOLOLOl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Thanks and
    You too!
    Did you delete FB again?
    LOLlLLLLL.
    Lads, she knows the struggle of Duke Glacia.
    #FindHIM #findduke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    He really deserved it - he worked his arse off for physics. I remember how disappointed he was after his Unit 4 in January, but I kept telling him he'd get full UMS on Unit 5 (and he did!)

It's just the exam board, I swear - Edexcel Physics is the worst, and it's barely actual physics anyway. :lol:

How far were you from the A*? My Unit 5 was a lot worse than I expected, but got an A* in Unit 4 lol
    That's the thing, I was so far off an A* it's really disheartening. I got 94 UMS in unit 4, 87 UMS in unit 5 but 60/60 in the coursework (lol). In total 29 UMS off in a subject that I was so sure was one of my A*s It's made me think that I am a crap physicist and not really worthy of my place tbh.
    *BTW I got 96% UMS at AS Level so I really don't know what happened

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my fone for the past 2 days until my PC gets fixed so I'll reply asap but meanwhile thanks alot everyone and grats to all who made it and to all who couldn't meet the offer . Don't worry it's not the end of the world and I failed once too. And I'm pretty sure wherever you guys go you'll all do fantasticaly. So pls cheer up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh snap, it seems to have happened to the best of us (but nonetheless well done Student!)I'm just imagining the ATs face like wtf she met her offer but got the lower grade in the subject she wants to do 😒
    (Original post by Ayman!)

That's the thing, I was so far off an A* it's really disheartening. I got 94 UMS in unit 4, 87 UMS in unit 5 but 60/60 in the coursework (lol). In total 29 UMS off in a subject that I was so sure was one of my A*s It's made me think that I am a crap physicist and not really worthy of my place tbh.
    *BTW I got 96% UMS at AS Level so I really don't know what happened
    Thanks guys

PhysicsIP2016 so happy for you! Don't worry about A2. It's a load of crap. I got exactly 96% too at AS and when I got back my U4, I was pretty stupefied. A Levels aren't the best medium of examination. You'll be absolutely fine.

Now go celebrate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Anyone else at Pembroke? Also, any one else studying philosophy?
    Yeah I'm at Pembroke, are you on the Facebook group (I'm the guy trying to encourage conversation)

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, what did you guys got for A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshthemathmo)
    Yeah I'm at Pembroke, are you on the Facebook group (I'm the guy trying to encourage conversation)
    I assume you made it, so congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone...sucha shame you're only going cambridge when OXFORD'S right there 😆

(Original post by Joshthemathmo)
    Hi, what are you studying? I didn't know there was a Facebook group! What is it called? I'd like to join.

EDIT: having checked your username, that was a silly question wasn't it?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    A day has passed and I am finally over the failure I think.

I am really happy that most of you appeared to be succesful and to those that weren't, I am sorry and hope you enjoy your time at your insurance.

It was nice being a member of this thread and wish you all the best

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.