Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
What do you mean? Like there's another force using the Silents for their own agenda? I thought this too for a while. I thought the Voice from The Pandorica Opens was a third party, an external force since it does not match the hoarse voice of the Silents. It's high and cackling. I thought it would be Omega or something.

But in Confidential they said the voice was the Silence, and that sort of dispelled that theory for me. :iiam:

It would slightly disappointing if the Silents, arguably Moffat's greatest creation since the Weeping Angels, who have manipulated humanity for centuries, who kidnapped Amy and who undoubtedly have a secret masterplan (since Moffat said they were the main bad guys for series 6)...were revealed to be nothing more than pawns.

Long sentence. Draw breath. :ahee:
Yeah it would be kinda disappointing, but I have a feeling they are part of something bigger. Perhaps not not the silence, but just as the Daleks had rulers of sorts, I feel there will be some kinda thing like that and the silents we have seen are just the warrior force...
Madjackismad
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Ape, I'm telling you, Time Lord spit has the effect of making people submit. Maybe the Doctor accidentally let a bit of spit fly onto Amy at the end of of Flesh and Stone?
bagelbe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Yeah it would be kinda disappointing, but I have a feeling they are part of something bigger. Perhaps not not the silence, but just as the Daleks had rulers of sorts, I feel there will be some kinda thing like that and the silents we have seen are just the warrior force...
Maybe the blue guy's the leader?
Madjackismad
Report 7 years ago
What I want to know is where they get their suits.
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
gif spam

ape you mentioned omega symbol in trailer...oh it's popping up everywhere!

yay gifs
Madjackismad
Report 7 years ago
Hmm, a friend seems to think that the Flesh lead to the cyber-men due to the Doctor saying it's 'Early technology'. :holmes:
TulipFields
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Oncoming Storm)
Oh, she really does! It's true. I was watching...now where was it? Aha. This scene here.

I was saying the whole thing with him, it was rather tragic.

"That's your secret weapon? Prayer?" That line makes me day, his voice goes so weird. :lol: And the evil grin in general...:coma:

And of course, when he's singing along to scissor sisters. :lol:
I love his evil grin/laughter/and the way he mocks Doctor, no matter how much I love the Doctor :coma: It would be cool if he was River's father, she talks to the Doctor in the same flirty mocking manner, unlike his assistant who are either drooling over him or are flirting with him (except Donna)
Madjackismad
Report 7 years ago
:rofl:

I had a nice retort to this, but the effect of posting it would be lowering this thread to depths it should never sink to.
Hmm, I'm sure Moffat would approve. He's Scottish like us. Also, I'm sure he had no qualms in greenlighting an episode that involves white gloopy stuff? :iiam:
TulipFields
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Silence have to be behind it in some way. Without going into spoilers about them, think about it. Moffat said they would be the main bad guys for series 6. Isn't it a little weird they were defeated so easily? That too in episode 2 and so early on in the series.

These are the guys that were responsible for the TARDIS blowing up. They kidnapped Amy and kept her for days. They told her she would bring the Silence. Kovarian delivered a baby. Bringing the silence is like bringing a baby. The baby is the Silence? And they were defeated to show up again in 2011 to witness the Doctor's death.

They have to be in episode 7 or 8.

Silence also hasn't fallen. Yet.

Hm, it does make you wonder where their main force or point of origin is. In Vampires of Venice, the lady said that through some cracks they saw Silence and that they fled from the Silence.

So it can't just be confined to Earth. :holmes:
My idea is that they want their own Time Lord/Lady in order to bring the Silence, maybe because of all the stuff he did and achieved, they hope his kid would have some of that. That sort of explains why they needed another Tardis (and from Doctors Wife, its possible to build a Tardis from the remnants of the old ones- Doctor made a makeshift one single handedly, whereas Silents have advanced technology)
Madjackismad
Report 7 years ago
Cyber-Men are in the midseason finale? :awesome:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Silence have to be behind it in some way. Without going into spoilers about them, think about it. Moffat said they would be the main bad guys for series 6. Isn't it a little weird they were defeated so easily? That too in episode 2 and so early on in the series.

These are the guys that were responsible for the TARDIS blowing up. They kidnapped Amy and kept her for days. They told her she would bring the Silence. Kovarian delivered a baby. Bringing the silence is like bringing a baby. The baby is the Silence? And they were defeated to show up again in 2011 to witness the Doctor's death.

They have to be in episode 7 or 8.

Silence also hasn't fallen. Yet.

Hm, it does make you wonder where their main force or point of origin is. In Vampires of Venice, the lady said that through some cracks they saw Silence and that they fled from the Silence.

So it can't just be confined to Earth. :holmes:
Definitely not just earth. I think we've only seen tip of iceberg with them, I kinda imagine a mother silence kinda spewing out these suited silents!

(Original post by ??????????????????)
yay gifs
:dances:
TulipFields
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Definitely not just earth. I think we've only seen tip of iceberg with them, I kinda imagine a mother silence kinda spewing out these suited silents!

:dances:
Mother Silence? A cross between Mother Gothel and the Emperor Dalek :p:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TulipFields)
Mother Silence? A cross between Mother Gothel and the Emperor Dalek :p:
Indeed
Bluth.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Remember that the baby is going to be
Spoiler:
Show
used as a weapon
so it doesn't have to be a Silent to 'bring the silence'.

Oh and to people saying they will be dissapointed if x happens or it turns out Y is Z, really? It's not simply a matter of what happens but how and why and what it means for the future of the show. It's not like they are just going to start next episode 'oh and River is really a timelady/ clone/ daughter/ mother/oompa loompa ...' and carry as normal.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
WHAT THE ****?!

That was a weird ending. I have no theories. It's a shame we had to have such a mediocre double parter to get to that cliffhanger.
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just had a thought. You guys all said that the clone Amy switch must have happened before TIA, but she thought she was pregnant. This could be real Amy and then the clone Amy said she wasn't pregnant. Switch between these events? And Kovarian appeared afterwards I think.

Also, the Doctor made Amy and Rory sleep in the bunk beds to prevent Rory becoming a GangerBanger. Clever guy.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
Baby theory

Spoiler:
Show
So we all know Amy gives birth and we've seen a picture of Amy with a baby and then there's the regenerating girl but maybe it's not as simple as Amy being the girl's mother. We've had reports of twins being used in the filming and it could simply be that they used twins to film the same baby but then again there have also been spoilers about two babies and a picture of two cots one TARDIS blue and one a cyber type thing so maybe Amy has twins. One of them is the regenerated girl and one of them is River. Confused? Well there's still the whole aborted timeline thing and I'll go into more detail later if anyone wants me to but one baby ie the regenerating girl is created specifically for the Silence/Madam Kovarian and the other one is River?
Varciani
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OK, a teeny question about this episode (although I'm confused about a lot of it). At the end, when the real Dr chucked the ganger Dr the sonic screwdriver, I'm sure he mentioned something about it saving molecules, or something? Did anyone else notice that?
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
Also who is this from the trailer?

JO FO SHO
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=Katie_louise;31781307]Remember that the baby is going to be
Spoiler:
Show
used as a weapon
so it doesn't have to be a Silent to 'bring the silence'.

If this is from the trailer, I don't think the Doctor actually says "The child is not a weapon". I think they just put together two different parts of dialogue - "the child" and "is not a weapon" - for the trailer lol. It doesn't sound quite right I don't think haha
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (342)
37.75%
No - but I will (72)
7.95%
No - I don't want to (64)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.24%

Watched Threads