Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Female Gunner)
    Koscielny : "I hope the club will show ambition, if not I'll leave
    Opinions?
    He speaks as if he has the ability to warrant a move to a bigger club than Arsenal - which he doesn't.

Opinions?
    :football:

What's your source for the above quote? :holmes: Enormous blow if true.

ReputationRep:
    Opinions?
    At least post the full quote....

"I feel good at Arsenal, if we show ambition to fight against the other top teams then of course I want to stay here.
    “I hope the club will show ambition, if not I may leave.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    :football:

What's your source for the above quote? :holmes: Enormous blow if true.
    It's from a Eurosport interview.

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny is speaking the truth, at the minute the side isn't there and needs investment, lets be honest no footballers gonna come out and be like "can't wait to fight tooth and nail with the **** up the road for 4th place again" and nor would we want them to

ReputationRep:
    http://www.eurosport.fr/football/mat...51/story.shtml

It's in French, but Arseblog summed it up

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/06/kos...edium=facebook

ReputationRep:
    This is what always happens when players give interviews in their native tongue whilst on international duty. A simple 'I want to win trophies' [who doesn't?] in French turns into 'I'm off if we don't win anything soon' in English.

Think you can expect him to stay for another 2 years at the very least, by then you will probably be winning/in contention for stuff again which should enable you to keep hold of him for longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

Yeah I think it'll be between chelsea and city for the title with united slightly behind and you guys around the 75-80 point region. The gulf in quality between the top 5/6 and the rest is quite big now.
    I'd be quite surprised if Moyes gets much more than 80pts. I can see why Utd chose him for the whole long term thing but at this exact moment he's still a pretty meh manager compared to Pellegrini, Mourinho and Wenger. I would say he did well at Everton compared to what other managers in the prem would have achieved over those 10(?) years but I'd still only describe him as above average. As for us next year it's very dependent on the summer signings, the first half of last season was played 19, 33pts, second half played 19, 40pts. With some decent signings and stability from day 1 I can see us hitting around 80-85.

If Pellegini takes a while to adjust, Mourinho and Abramovich argue, Moyes settles in quickly and Wenger makes some strong signings then it's going to be insanely close come end of April next year...but yeah right now it's all about Chelsea and City for the title and by quite a distance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)
    I'd be quite surprised if Moyes gets much more than 80pts. I can see why Utd chose him for the whole long term thing but at this exact moment he's still a pretty meh manager compared to Pellegrini, Mourinho and Wenger. I would say he did well at Everton compared to what other managers in the prem would have achieved over those 10(?) years but I'd still only describe him as above average. As for us next year it's very dependent on the summer signings, the first half of last season was played 19, 33pts, second half played 19, 40pts. With some decent signings and stability from day 1 I can see us hitting around 80-85.

If Pellegini takes a while to adjust, Mourinho and Abramovich argue, Moyes settles in quickly and Wenger makes some strong signings then it's going to be insanely close come end of April next year...but yeah right now it's all about Chelsea and City for the title and by quite a distance.
    Tbf yeah there are loads of ifs and buts. I'm pretty intrigued about next season, because we now have 4 very strong teams in the prem who are capable of winning the title. I think all of these 4 teams would have walked the title in the 10-11 season and while the prem is nowhere near as strong as it was back in 05-09 it looks like the teams have gone/process of going through a transition period.

I could see why you'd say that though tbh, 85 is a potential target but I'd be pretty surprised if you hit that, or if you'd even win the title with such a points tally. I guess the reasoning would be that you'd collect points from the big teams which would lower their total tally. Football couldn't come sooner.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf yeah there are loads of ifs and buts. I'm pretty intrigued about next season, because we now have 4 very strong teams in the prem who are capable of winning the title. I think all of these 4 teams would have walked the title in the 10-11 season and while the prem is nowhere near as strong as it was back in 05-09 it looks like the teams have gone/process of going through a transition period.

I could see why you'd say that though tbh, 85 is a potential target but I'd be pretty surprised if you hit that, or if you'd even win the title with such a points tally. I guess the reasoning would be that you'd collect points from the big teams which would lower their total tally. Football couldn't come sooner.
    4???

whos the fourth???

ReputationRep:
    Well I quote 80-85 because 70M + stability really should = a 7-12 point improvement on last season and it's a respectable total. 85-95 is title winning territory and it would be nice to at least be sniffing around there after so many years of 65-75pt finishes.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal. Bare in mind that all the teams in 10-11 were shocking, arsenal had no depth and their defence was absolutely pathetic, chelsea lost ballack, deco and carvalho, city were a season away from being the team they are now. Arsenal got 73 points this season where the battle for top 4 or top 6 was very tight, united got 80 points that season and I feel that you have a stronger squad than that team. Plus you can beat the teams below you as well.
    You'd have won the title two years ago but not now.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Life is complete....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...rt%5Eheadlines

If it's true anyway... Something at the back of my mind is telling me that we're actually going to sign Higuain. I have a feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Daily mail, higuain says arsenal move would interest him, therefore means that arsenal are going to sign him.

Oh and the fact that they think rooney is on top of arsenals wish list...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Life is complete....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...rt%5Eheadlines

If it's true anyway... Something at the back of my mind is telling me that we're actually going to sign Higuain. I have a feeling.
    14/1 odds which are very long to join Arsenal. Looks like it'll be Juve.

ReputationRep:
    Why would he choose arsenal over juve anyway. I feel that if juve are willing to splash out the cash for him they will. Only thing is that they'd try and haggle the price down arsenal style, they're another bunch of jammy ***** but they need him if they wanna win the CL next season. They'd do a swap deal for jovetic if needed so will have money for higuain though. Don't know the figures though on how much they have to spend.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    14/1 odds which are very long to join Arsenal. Looks like it'll be Juve.

Nah, I actually don't think he will join Juve for some reason but we'll have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    Why would he choose arsenal over juve anyway. I feel that if juve are willing to splash out the cash for him they will. Only thing is that they'd try and haggle the price down arsenal style, they're another bunch of jammy ***** but they need him if they wanna win the CL next season. They'd do a swap deal for jovetic if needed so will have money for higuain though. Don't know the figures though on how much they have to spend.
    Well there are a host of reasons he might choose Arsenal e.g. higher wages/living in London/playing in the Prem/playing for Wenger etc. Obviously there are many reasons why he might choose Juve instead but it isn't inconceivable that he would want to play for us.

That being said I'm still not sure if he would be the best fit for Arsenal.

Fiorentina have said they won't accept that. :holmes: It's possible they'll go back on that, of course, but they do seem pretty intent on having a full-cash deal from their recent statements.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.givemesport.com/350053-pr...enal-champions

Interesting. That table suggests 9 of the 37 goals we conceded were down to individual error, which is a quarter. I don't read much into it, because virtually all goals have an element of error in them somewhere. But if nothing else, there are a good few more points available for us if we can be a little less generous at the back. It's quite funny how despite having the 2nd best defence in the league, our mistakes cost us 7 points

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.