Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardude8)
    I'm going to revise core maths and further maths modules, and I'm reading up on some micro and macro stuff (just to try to make week 1 a little easier). Just doing the econ reading for interest really. I don't know whether we're meant to do a lot or very little though. Will probably do most of my revision in September, when I feel a bit more motivated and less lazy
    Do you want my economic reviews (I've got like 6 in mint condition, unread )?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    I slapped a piketty reference into my macro exam essay aha I've heard that the book is loaded with falsities and errors tho, I've only read reviews and summaries

I read an IEA shortened copy of road to serfdom a while ago :P and yeah, economists pile up pretty quickly! I get annoyed at how much I skip sometimes

What college are you going to?
    Shortened copies sound like a godsend, I need those man

Selwyn - I think I've forgotten yours, remind me again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gome44)
    Do you want my economic reviews (I've got like 6 in mint condition, unread )?
    Got more than enough of them, thanks (6 is nothing :/)

ReputationRep:
    Shortened copies sound like a godsend, I need those man

Selwyn - I think I've forgotten yours, remind me again?
    Yeah, reading ideological works can be extremely tedious!

And it's Emmanuel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Yeah, reading ideological works can be extremely tedious!

And it's Emmanuel
    Congrats - and don't work too hard over summer because you'll make us all(including me) look bad

ReputationRep:
    Congrats - and don't work too hard over summer because you'll make us all(including me) look bad
    You just slapped me on fifa and I'm div 1, who would have thought it aye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    You just slapped me on fifa and I'm div 1, who would have thought it aye
    Manchester United > Chelsea, am I right?

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United > Chelsea, am I right?
    Ahh I wouldnt go that far..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprocrastinator)
    See, this convinces me that they definitely botched the marking in some of the papers! I got full UMS in my biology exams last year and I think I was one of the only ones to do so at my school and now I've got a B equivalent at A2? And I'm sure you have a similar story. I may get the script back if my remark comes out unsatisfactory and perhaps appeal again. Have you checked the official mark schemes? I can link you to them if you'd like. I checked the Unit 5 one and it seems (from what I vaguely remember) that the points are the same as what I put. I also checked the essay scheme and I got 4/5 topics so in theory, my mark couldn't have been that bad! Anyway, good luck for your remark, I'm hoping it's successful! (I'm remarking too haha)

Of course you can ask I'm going to Downing! I visited Sidney and I really liked it, considered applying there! Yeah, that really sucked for you, until they let you in of course Fortunately Downing didn't specify which I'm happy about but quite surprised considering I didn't think I was a strong candidate
    Yeah pretty much the same! I haven't checked the markschemes but my teachers have them and they're going to mark it themselves to see whether I just had a bad day etc.

Ooh Downing's great, the looks are one of the very best! I think this was the first year Sidney have specified so quite a few of the 10 offer holders missed their offer by not getting 3 A*s, so there were a good few places in the summer pool which helped a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaiaphage)
    Yeah pretty much the same! I haven't checked the markschemes but my teachers have them and they're going to mark it themselves to see whether I just had a bad day etc.

Ooh Downing's great, the looks are one of the very best! I think this was the first year Sidney have specified so quite a few of the 10 offer holders missed their offer by not getting 3 A*s, so there were a good few places in the summer pool which helped a lot
    Aw that's great the teachers are doing that for you, pretty sure my teachers wouldn't have bothered Let me know what they say, but I would hate to think we would overestimate how well we did by so much haha!

Aw thank you and you can walk on the grass so that's pretty cool oh awesome, I see, but it's fine since Sidney took you anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any information from their college about starting etc, or has access to their cam.ac.uk email yet?

aprocrastinator The remark came back and went up 7 ums but didn't help really, the teachers haven't said they've even got the paper back...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any information from their college about starting etc, or has access to their cam.ac.uk email yet?

aprocrastinator The remark came back and went up 7 ums but didn't help really, the teachers haven't said they've even got the paper back...
    mine came back but the grade didn't change either, went up by 10 UMS in unit 4 (5 marks!! how did they miss 5 marks?!) and 3 UMS in unit 5. i was hoping unit 5 would go up A LOT more because I was convinced they had missed out the essay and I still am lol. That's a bit annoying about your teachers, maybe email them? Let me know if they say anything interesting! I wished I had got my unit 5 back since I'm very curious as to where I went wrong!

but at least we know it doesn't matter anymore since we got into cambridge anyway aha

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I thought we only got access to it once we arrived?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhetorical Hips)
    Nope, I thought we only got access to it once we arrived?
    Ah okay, I got an email two days ago giving me a student registration thing and it told me what my email was ([email protected] etc) but I haven't heard how to access it or anything else really

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, I got an email two days ago giving me a student registration thing and it told me what my email was ([email protected] etc) but I haven't heard how to access it or anything else really
    Your room will be allocated. All you need to sort out is your raven (computer) account

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have my @cam.ac.uk email address too, but I've tried logging in to Raven and Hermes and it doesn't work. Not surprising given they haven't said we can access them yet, but I wonder when we will be able to. Like some others, I've set my preferred email to the @cam.ac.uk email address (and I can't change it on the CamSIS Student Self Service thingy) so hopefully they won't send me anything too important before the start of term...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhetorical Hips)
    Yeah I have my @cam.ac.uk email address too, but I've tried logging in to Raven and Hermes and it doesn't work. Not surprising given they haven't said we can access them yet, but I wonder when we will be able to. Like some others, I've set my preferred email to the @cam.ac.uk email address (and I can't change it on the CamSIS Student Self Service thingy) so hopefully they won't send me anything too important before the start of term...
    I think hermes works now. If you log onto CamSIS again, the rest of the online process stuff should be up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShellySpielberg)
    I think hermes works now. If you log onto CamSIS again, the rest of the online process stuff should be up.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDGE)
    I'm still shocked that I'm able to post here!

College: Clare
    Subject: History
    Conditions: A*AA

Grats to you all!
    Hey did they specify which subject you had to get the A* in or did it not matter?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.