Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the update is, if any, on Bielik?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mumbaiking)
    Why do I need to be on ticket exchange? Will it be hard when the 3,500 Red tickets get released?
    I actually dont know about that pal. I'm a silver member and have a spare red as well but when I buy with the red I just go to the exchange tbh.

Youll get them either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Anyone know what the update is, if any, on Bielik?
    Guy is still progressing through the youth system playing for the U18s at the moment, he will inevitalbly make his transition into the squad and make his appearance at some point this season if not next. Crazy how a 17yo kids are worth 2M though albeit how capable the guy is.

ReputationRep:
    we paid £12m for Ox when he was 17 and was never in doubt that he'd make it. Probably worth £30m today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    we paid £12m for Ox when he was 17 and was never in doubt that he'd make it. Probably worth £30m today.
    Messi would be about 50 M's if he was 17 then lol

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    We're in a world where Sterlin goes for £49m mate. Even Downing went for £20m FFS.

How much do you think he'd sell for?

ReputationRep:
    Sterling just reminds me of Road Runner and Coyote... Meep Meep.

Ox would go for about 24M realistically.

ReputationRep:
    We're in a world where Sterlin goes for £49m mate. Even Downing went for £20m FFS.

How much do you think he'd sell for?
    You said worth not sell for.

Every man and their dog knows City are hugely overpaying for Sterling, whether he succeeds or not is down to his own motivation and whether he wants to live the footballers lifestyle or not, because he has the potential to be a top player, which is the main factor that City have payed so much for.

Chamberlain is at roughly the same age, and although was probably hyped up more at a younger age mainly due to his transfer fee and that debut performance against United, I think injury has robbed him of his momentum a bit, that said his goal stats aren't that great even for a winger with 12 goals in 116 appearances.

Clearly I don't watch Arsenal all the time, so can't tell what impact/positions he usually has/plays, but if I was to value Sterling and Chamberlain based on what each have done in terms of impact for their side individually to date, I'd say Sterling £25 million tops and Chamberlain £18-20 million given he has youth on side.

Like I said though, City are paying that much for £terling, A. because they are a litte bit of foolish and don't seem to understand FFP, and B. He has enormous potential if he can get his head right and fit into City's system from the off - he did won the European Golden Boy last year. If I was looking to buy Chamberlain his injury record would put me off a little ngl. He's versatile and would be useful as a squad player, but realistically I don't think he'd be a starting XI winger for a side challenging for the league year after year - I'd pay £25 million tops for him. Still a good player though don't get me wrong.

Decent goalkeeper as well.

ReputationRep:
    Around £20m right now is about right for Ox I guess. Anything above would be pushing it

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else see us being grouped with difficult teams in next seasons UCL group stages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Anyone else see us being grouped with difficult teams in next seasons UCL group stages?
    You want something like PSV, Galatasaray, Celtic (if they qualify) but most likely it'll be Barcelona, Leverkusen and Lazio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    You want something like PSV, Galatasaray, Celtic (if they qualify) but most likely it'll be Barcelona, Leverkusen and Lazio
    I'll be petrified if it's Barca we're paired with . I'm still expecting a tough group of teams like Schalke, PSG, Juventus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    I'll be petrified if it's Barca we're paired with . I'm still expecting a tough group of teams like Schalke, PSG, Juventus.
    That combination wouldn't be possible, will it? PSG and Juve both win their leagues so will both be in pot 1

ReputationRep:
    Vidal closing in on Bayern Munich move.
    So is Wenger not going to sign a DM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabear11)
    Vidal closing in on Bayern Munich move.
    So is Wenger not going to sign a DM?
    Doesn't look like he'll bring in anyone else unless it's an exceptional player. That's a fair enough plan form Wenger, his point about cohesion is makes sense but will only be validated if we get off to a flying start. If we get off to a poor start with only having brought in one first team player the fans will be annoyed

I'll reserve judgement in May

ReputationRep:
    I would like 1 more signing at least, still don't think we'll overcome the table atm.. We're only 1 or 2 injuries away from dropping points again and knowing us, we usually have like 4 or 5 key players out at the same time. Carvalho injured for 10 weeks or so. Guess it's more likely Arsene will sign him now.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    We ain't winning the League next year simple as, every ******* year it's the same old ****. Guess Wenger is happy with Top 3.

ReputationRep:
    Arteta injured apparently, another muscle injury. If Wenger doesn't bring is another DM it's completely poor planning really.

That's his sixth muscle injury in 12 months

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.