Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeisenbergWW)
    Did you get any form of acknowledgement??
    I don't think so

ReputationRep:
    Durham takes such a long time to give out offers 😒

ReputationRep:
    Just emailed Durham ([email protected]) and asked when they expect decisions to come down. I'll update when I get a reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)
    Just emailed Durham ([email protected]) and asked when they expect decisions to come down. I'll update when I get a reply
    Thank you on behalf of everyone who's still waiting to hear from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirblaw3)
    Has anyone that's been rejected by kings have an offer for UCL?
    I have an offer from UCL but haven't heard back from Kings yet. Applied October would be nice to hear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaPrimavera)
    Me
    Congrats! Can I ask when you applied and when you heard from each?
    Also if you don't mind - what was your LNAT+grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeg56)
    I did!!!
    I did too

ReputationRep:
    I think we should get a KCL scholarship thread going!
    (Original post by neevadesai)
    I did too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDKY)
    Dear crocface, where have you seen this?
    It was in the QMUL course prospectus for 2017 entry

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/docs/prospectus/148167.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariewilliams)
    I think we should get a KCL scholarship thread going!
    We should!! Post here if you do!!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3946633

Here's the KCL scholarship thread guys

(Original post by chloeg56)
    We should!! Post here if you do!!

ReputationRep:
    Finally long awaited news came in...Reject for M100 LLB laws at LSE, after sitting in for UGAA assessment (due to being a mature student doing Access to HE), where UGAA's section A B went well but section C maths (25%) went bad in my opinion, which may have determined the sad outcome but obviously can't say this for certain and LSE wouldn't provide feedback on UGAA. To be honest, in hindsight, as a mature mid career applicant who's working full-time and studying alongside for an Access to HE and who literally had to stay awake rushing to finish an urgent job related project the night before UGAA assessment, was a strategic blunder to say the least. As a mature student, looking to change career mid life and who don't qualify for student finance due to personal circumstances despite being a UK citizen and taxpayer for many years) I had little choice but to work hard over the years to save up for the full-time 3 yr degree + future LPC fees (£42k and additional £45k for living costs, totaling just under £90,000 ) before I embark on 3+1 yr LPC full-time study without having to worry for financial costs. (Don't have the luxury of a 20 something yr old student to embark on without any associated family or liability commitments other one's own study costs).So far been rejected for UCL, KCL, both of the above due to LNAT score and with today's LSE rejection, a hat trick I guess.My hopes are with SOAS and QMUL Law but if all fails, then would aim for LLB at either ULaw or NCH London or Birkbeck though the latter would be difficult due to evening sessions, as daytime session is preferred. Sadly, due to family commitment I can't relocate outside London where options would have been more wider.I've got to thank my loving family, particularly my wife for providing me with tremendous support and encouragement and my daughter for being understanding enough to come to the terms of her father with established profession considering career change which would not come without consequences for her over the next few years but bravely and proudly accepted such change.I wish everyone in this group best of luck before I deactivate from this group. Its been great to be part of this lively engaging discussion group.#LSE #SOAS #KCL #UCL #QMUL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)
    any luck?

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't heard back from Nottingham, I applied back in September so I'm unsure why it's taking so long. Do you think not hearing anything yet is a bad thing/probably a rejection?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking what grades did you get last year? I still haven't heard from Edinburgh and am getting really worried!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza112)
    If you don't mind me asking what grades did you get last year? I still haven't heard from Edinburgh and am getting really worried!!
    I got 5 a's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsTabitha)
    Yes, I have four unconditionals so far but am still waiting to hear from Edinburgh. However, even supposing Edinburgh does make me an offer, I'm not sure that I wouldn't prefer to accept my offer from Aberdeen...law at Aberdeen has lot of plus points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconwoo)
    I got 5 a's
    Wow!! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza112)
    Wow!! Well done!
    what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconwoo)
    what did you get?
    4A 1B

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.