Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    If you say that again I will put you in the gulag where you will remain for the rest of your days being constantly pestered by different methods of off-site communication.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously though, well done for getting through it And good luck for results day
    Lol, good luck mate.

Cheers, fingers crossed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    On vii it's very sad to hear that Exeter is still affiliated with the NUS due to their bullying and breaking electoral rules (thankful a formal complaint has been lodged hopefully leading to a review) it is still good news hearing Newcastle and Lincolnshire's are due to proceed with disaffiliation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I'm going to no10 Downing Street in an hour to talk about young people and the referendum! If you want to post a powerful and succinct quote (one of two lines) about how you feel I will be reading some of them out!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Hey guys! I'm going to no10 Downing Street in an hour to talk about young people and the referendum! If you want to post a powerful and succinct quote (one of two lines) about how you feel I will be reading some of them out!
    Can I put in a shameless plug for my company???

ReputationRep:
    Many young people have no idea that the EU Referendum is happening. We need to save society.

ReputationRep:
    mobbsy91 Oioi Barman! What will you do if you win the Speakership Election?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    mobbsy91 Oioi Barman! What will you do if you win the Speakership Election?
    Well, of course there will be more drinks ON TAP!!!

When issues arise, I will hear people's opinions and then make a firm decision. I will be happy to admit if I am wrong on something, or if I make a mistake, however, I will do my utmost to ensure there is not one.

I will make sure everyone knows when their Bills are close to withdrawn etc, by sending reminders, as well as having a Google Sheets style 'dash' from where users will be able to view progress of Bills, important dates, and vote record!

Getting activity here is difficult, but I would consult with the UK Politics team to have a single thread linking to here with information from Parties, how to get involved etc, so that it's noticeable, but not spamming everyone out!

Most importantly, I would put my politics aside, and be so biased towards the Greens, because, let's be honest, they need all the help they can get!*

*Disclaimer: This is a joke, I won't help anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Well, of course there will be more drinks ON TAP!!!

When issues arise, I will hear people's opinions and then make a firm decision. I will be happy to admit if I am wrong on something, or if I make a mistake, however, I will do my utmost to ensure there is not one.

I will make sure everyone knows when their Bills are close to withdrawn etc, by sending reminders, as well as having a Google Sheets style 'dash' from where users will be able to view progress of Bills, important dates, and vote record!

Getting activity here is difficult, but I would consult with the UK Politics team to have a single thread linking to here with information from Parties, how to get involved etc, so that it's noticeable, but not spamming everyone out!

Most importantly, I would put my politics aside, and be so biased towards the Greens, because, let's be honest, they need all the help they can get!*

*Disclaimer: This is a joke, I won't help anyone
    You have some pretty good ideas.

OMG, typical Mobbsy. :lol:

I'll miss your banter if you're elected Speaker though.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    You have some pretty good ideas.

OMG, typical Mobbsy. :lol:

I'll miss your banter if you're elected Speaker though.
    Haha thanks! There would still be banter, just apolitical!

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks! There would still be banter, just apolitical!
    And non-sexual?

ReputationRep:
    What I would want to say probably would get me arrested.

'We must defend our island, whatever the cost may be. Winston Churchill helped defeat the Nazis in 1945; Is Mr Cameron just going to surrender to the European Union?'
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    And non-sexual?
    Depends whether it's about sex for political gain...

ReputationRep:
    Depends whether it's about sex for political gain...
    Hmm, if I vote for you what would you do for me?

JK!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Hmm, if I vote for you what would you do for me?

JK!
    Well... ****ing hell!!! You wouldn't want to marry me for sure!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Too soon?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I miss out on voting in the referendum by a month and a half, yet I have more Political Knowledge than a large portion of the adult population. Surely this isn't fair?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    #Mobbsy4Speaker

*waits for free alcohol*

ReputationRep:
    Well... ****ing hell!!! You wouldn't want to marry me for sure!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Too soon?
    Nah, I'm looking for a rebound so it's not too soon!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Being in the EU is like being in a broken lift .... Its not going anywhere
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    #Mobbsy4Speaker

*waits for free alcohol*
    How much whiskey you looking for???
    Nah, I'm looking for a rebound so it's not too soon!
    Hahaha xD
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    How much whiskey you looking for???

Hahaha xD
    Enough

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.