Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II Watch

University Navigation

(Original post by Platopus)
    Hi, what are you studying? I didn't know there was a Facebook group! What is it called? I'd like to join.

EDIT: having checked your username, that was a silly question wasn't it?
    I'm not so sure; if he's "trying to encourage conversation", is he really a mathmo?

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    I'm not so sure; if he's "trying to encourage conversation", is he really a mathmo?
    What do you mean? Sorry, I'm probably being thick here. Are you on a Facebook group with him?

ReputationRep:
    He's actually a NatSci if I remember correctly.

What do you mean? Sorry, I'm probably being thick here. Are you on a Facebook group with him?
    He's called "JoschTheMathmo", but says he is "the guy trying to encourage conversation"

If the conversation is about anything other than mathematics, surely he cannot be a mathmo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    A day has passed and I am finally over the failure I think.

I am really happy that most of you appeared to be succesful and to those that weren't, I am sorry and hope you enjoy your time at your insurance.

It was nice being a member of this thread and wish you all the best
    You're a very nice and lovely person! You've been a great, indispensable member of this thread. Please keep in touch with us and I'm wishing you all the best too.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what are you studying? I didn't know there was a Facebook group! What is it called? I'd like to join.

He's a NatSci 😂

He's called "JoschTheMathmo", but says he is "the guy trying to encourage conversation"

If the conversation is about anything other than mathematics, surely he cannot be a mathmo?
    Oh, I thought he meant he had created a group chat for all Pembrokers, regardless of their subject. My bad

(Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    He's a NatSci 😂
    Lol well I was close

(Original post by C0balt)
    He's actually a NatSci if I remember correctly.
    He's a NatSci 😂
    lol :rofl:

(Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    A day has passed and I am finally over the failure I think.

I am really happy that most of you appeared to be succesful and to those that weren't, I am sorry and hope you enjoy your time at your insurance.

It was nice being a member of this thread and wish you all the best
    I don't think we ever talked, but I'm very sorry that it didn't work out as you had hoped but glad that you are starting to feel better :hugs: you seem so lovely and kind.

I hope you have a fantastic time, wherever it is that you are going and wish you all the very best of luck!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    You're a very nice and lovely person! You've been a great, indispensable member of this thread. Please keep in touch with us and I'm wishing you all the best too.
    Thank you.

Was a bit awkward this morning because i had a bunch of people asking to join the bio natsci fb group I created. I left someone else in charge 🙄.

Everyone has been great really.

It's nice I wasn't dismissed. It's so easy for people to say that it doesn't matter where you go - Cam or Lonmet. So it was relieving that people recognised my dissapointment as valid.

I guess while the majority of my year was spent working and not studying when I got my time off and medication I really thought I'd do well. I worked hard and thought I'd meet the offer. Unlike the original attempt where I knew there was no chance.

But anyway I have provisionally decided upon imp, brum, notts, kcl and surrey. We shall see how i get on 🙂. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    That's the thing, I was so far off an A* it's really disheartening. I got 94 UMS in unit 4, 87 UMS in unit 5 but 60/60 in the coursework (lol). In total 29 UMS off in a subject that I was so sure was one of my A*s It's made me think that I am a crap physicist and not really worthy of my place tbh.
    *BTW I got 96% UMS at AS Level so I really don't know what happened
    Now I'm really starting to relate. I got 95% at AS and missed the A* by 22 marks because of Unit 5 - a paper I thought I'd get the A* in.

I unexpectedly got an A* in Chemistry which I wasn't expecting at all, given that I literally cried after one chem exam (and got full UMS in that one...)

The silver lining is that this will motivate you to ace all your first year physics modules. :lol:

Congratulations and good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsMPhys)
    Well done everyone...sucha shame you're only going cambridge when OXFORD'S right there 😆
    We know Oxford is right there below us and that's why we chose Cambridge.

ReputationRep:

It's just Pembroke offer holders, I really need to change my username... I'm going to be doing NatSci! I see results day went well eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I assume you made it, so congrats!!
    I did, thank you!

(Original post by Joshthemathmo)
    It's just Pembroke offer holders, don't worry i have moments of relapse quite often . I'm going to be doing natsci! I see results day went well eh?
    I'll have a look for it, is it a messenger group chat? Or is it a Facebook group?

Edit: Just requested to join a Facebook group called 'Pembroke Cambridge 2016 Offer Holders' which has 141 members. Is that the right one?

ReputationRep:
    I'll have a look for it, is it a messenger group chat? Or is it a Facebook group?

Edit: Just requested to join a Facebook group called 'Pembroke Cambridge 2016 Offer Holders' which has 141 members. Is that the right one?
    Yeah that's the one.

(Original post by Joshthemathmo)
    Yeah that's the one.
    Great look forward to talking... If you accept my request haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Now I'm really starting to relate. I got 95% at AS and missed the A* by 22 marks because of Unit 5 - a paper I thought I'd get the A* in.

I unexpectedly got an A* in Chemistry which I wasn't expecting at all, given that I literally cried after one chem exam (and got full UMS in that one...)

The silver lining is that this will motivate you to ace all your first year physics modules. :lol:

Congratulations and good luck!!
    Yup that's true XD I unexpectedly got an A* in Further Maths (literally, just about scraped it) thanks to a good 100 UMS in M2 and despite hating the FP2 exam immensely!

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how do i apply for accomodation at St john's? Im worried that I wont get any :/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything yet who's been pooled?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.