Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Same here for two of my subjects! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    omg, i seriously considered sending unit 2 for a remark because there was no way i didn't get full ums, even after marking myself harshly + checking the mark scheme! but ah well.

how the hell did you get full ums on the potato circuit exam????!!! i think i got a mid A in that (106 or something) but i was still over the moon because i did not expect to even pass it lmao

what i don't get, to this day, is how PHYA2 was apparently harder than PHYA1. when i finished unit 2 i thought that exam was a gift from the gods, it was literally so easy. how on earth did people generally do better in the first one???!!! how was it 48/70 for an A on one of the easiest unit 2 papers i'd ever done? HH OW
    This one post has made me soooo nervous that the markers are going to screw me over .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoli1998)
    Hi! quick question about tariff points. My insurance choice required 320 tariff points. What grades is this? I think its ABB, am I right? I should probably know this haha, but I just want to be sure. So nervous!
    Yep, you're right! Or something that makes up the same amount of points eg. A*BC.

(Original post by PQ)
    Ohh UCAS have just notified us that they have *most* of the A level files through from exam boards [NOTE - this is GOOD news, if they're late or delayed or there's problems then that can cause all sorts of problems with universities and UCAS getting Track updated in time - early delivery is definitely a positive thing, it means fewer muddles and mistakes on results day]
    ... I feel physically sick

ReputationRep:
    Guys a questiom ...

I was thinking of filling a "register your interest " for clearing for a uni , will this affect my current application in any way like they're asking for ucas id and all and im just worried my current firm uni wont be affected by me signing up to get clearing alerts from this uni ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by future doctor x)
    Guys a questiom ...

I was thinking of filling a "register your interest " for clearing for a uni , will this affect my current application in any way like they're asking for ucas id and all and im just worried my current firm uni wont be affected by me signing up to get clearing alerts from this uni ?
    I did this when holding a firm offer and it didnt have any affect at all, never ended up needing it but its nice to have a backup!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRYL)
    shdhfhsjsjfdika Grade boundaries are out!!!!,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    next week Wednesday
    Why you gotta be so ruude? Don't you know I'm human too?
    (That actually got my hopes up :rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
    Sums up my feelings right now...

https://youtu.be/RuJ1gfkqTyw

ReputationRep:
    whats the likelihood of psychology at Aston being in clearing cause i really need to go there if i dont get in to birmingham, im so stressed

ReputationRep:
    6 days.....:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:eek::eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    under 6 days to go oh lordy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    under 6 days to go oh lordy
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me when everyone keeps telling me to stop worrying lolName:  image.jpeg
Views: 537
Size:  65.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coucouChar1997)
    Me when everyone keeps telling me to stop worrying lolName:  image.jpeg
Views: 537
Size:  65.6 KB
    I was calm earlier, but now it looks like its failed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    This one post has made me soooo nervous that the markers are going to screw me over .
    Click on your username.

Then click on 'About Me'.

You could probably lose loads and loads of little marks and still come out with A* in everything.

ReputationRep:
    That feeling you get when even though you out performed 90% of your year at GCSE by revising a lot but then failing year 12 twice through even more effort and then ending up getting rejected for a btec level 3 course... lol rip me

ReputationRep:
    What grades are 320 tariff points/UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoli1998)
    What grades are 320 tariff points/UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't that ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    i underestimated all of my maths modules but overestimated physics unit 2 somehow - was sure i got 120/120 but turns out i only got 113 (still averaged to 270 ums in total when accounting for unit 1 and the empa but damn. didn't see it coming considering how low the boundaries were)

i hope that doesn't happen again fuk
    After my estimations last year I had several below and several above, so I decided this year I would estimate a worst-case scenario mark (don't score any questionable mark and sometimes go very harsh and score 0 on some) and a best-case scenario mark for each. Hopefully my predictions are more accurate this year and I'll know more comfortably.

My friends think I'm weird because I have a spreadsheet already prepared with formulae to calculate each estimated grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Isn't that ABB
    Ok I thought it was. Just wanted to double check, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    After my estimations last year I had several below and several above, so I decided this year I would estimate a worst-case scenario mark (don't score any questionable mark and sometimes go very harsh and score 0 on some) and a best-case scenario mark for each. Hopefully my predictions are more accurate this year and I'll know more comfortably.

My friends think I'm weird because I have a spreadsheet already prepared with formulae to calculate each estimated grade.
    Same!!! I do exactly what you do spreadsheet and all!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.