Turn on thread page Beta

Americans! - Where did you get in and with what grades? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got into EDINBURGH today This is by far the best birthday present ever
    It was unconditional, and I guess going with the purpose of this thread,
    here is my information: keep in mind, I am not a very good test taker when it comes to multiple choice. With that being said, here are my scores

SATI: Combined: 2100
    Critical Reading: 670
    Math: 710
    Writing: 720
    SATII:
    Literature: 650
    Math Level 2: 780

AP:
    Language and Composition: 4
    Statistics: 4
    Psychology: 4
    (planned: Literature, Microeconomics)

so far:
    University of Glasgow: Conditional-High School Diploma (Business and Management/ Statistics)
    University of Edinburgh: Unconditional (Business Studies)
    University of Manchester: Conditional (AP 5,5)

ReputationRep:
    congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CluelessAmerican)
    Has anybody gotten a decision from UCL yet?
    Yep--applied for Archaeology and Anthropology, offer of 665 in my HL subjects and 36 overall with the IB Diploma.

ReputationRep:
    Hey people,
    I am actually not US but I I have taken the SAT I (CR 590,WR 700,M700) and I would like to ask you if you are sending official reports or just inform universities through e-mails?The problem was that by the time I was sending my application, I didn`t know my score so I didn`t put it on uCAS..I just indicated that I am taking the Nov test.

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take you guys to receive a UCAS welcome letter? I intend to change one of my choices, but it's been a week and I haven't gotten my welcome letter, and thus cannot switch choices yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmyish)
    It was unconditional, and I guess going with the purpose of this thread,
    here is my information: keep in mind, I am not a very good test taker when it comes to multiple choice. With that being said, here are my scores
    Congratulations! I'm still waiting on mine for Edinburgh but I got into Durham which is my second choice. Just waiting to see if its conditional or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmyish)
    Major congratulations (and happy birthday?)!! Is it your first choice?

Edit: Unconditional from Aberdeen, and with that I am finally FINISHED with UCAS!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your offers, everybody!

ReputationRep:
    aw congrats everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pocketfulofposy)
    Oh yes, Rushey Meade area, it's north of the city.

I'm the other way, I'm from a village out past Oadby, so just south (well south east) of Leicester.

I have applied, and been accepted (conditional offer) at Leicester, so I have a lot of thinking to do. I've also been accepted at Bristol, which is one of the best universities in the UK, but my heart keeps tugging me to put Leicester down as my firm offer. As Zouth advised me earlier on in this thread, you have to be happy where you study, and if I'm going to be happiest at Leicester then that's what I should go for. As I said, I'm going to visit each place again when I'm back home for Christmas, and maybe it'll become a bit clearer then.

Where are you applying to?

Its true you should be happy where you are.. hopefully your visit home will bring clarity!
    I have applied to nottingham manchester royal holloway ucl and sheffield
    i have an offer from both manchester and nottingham... i am in england this christmas as well so i have tours set up so hopefully that will help me make my decision...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_rad1009)
    Its true you should be happy where you are.. hopefully your visit home will bring clarity!
    I have applied to nottingham manchester royal holloway ucl and sheffield
    i have an offer from both manchester and nottingham... i am in england this christmas as well so i have tours set up so hopefully that will help me make my decision...
    All very good universities. I really wanted to apply to Sheffield, but they didn't have a year in industry option for the subject I'm applying for, which was disappointing.

I didn't realise that the tours were still run that late, so thanks to your heads up, I have now booked myself on tours at Bristol, Leeds and Birmingham. I don't need to see Brunel again, as in all honesty that was more a safety choice, and I obviously don't need to see Leicester again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tzareenah)
    Major congratulations (and happy birthday?)!! Is it your first choice?
    It was my first choice. Right now, I'm sort of stuck in between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Glasgow has the major that I like, but Edinburgh has the prestige. I'm hoping when I visit sometime in the next few months I'll be able to know for sure which one I'd rather go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivan Stanchev)
    Hey people,
    I am actually not US but I I have taken the SAT I (CR 590,WR 700,M700) and I would like to ask you if you are sending official reports or just inform universities through e-mails?The problem was that by the time I was sending my application, I didn`t know my score so I didn`t put it on uCAS..I just indicated that I am taking the Nov test.
    Bumppppppppp

ReputationRep:
    I don't know where you're applying, but I found that CollegeBoard tends not to have many choices of where to send score reports to in the UK, so that may not be possible in the first place. I'd email them, tell them the scores, and offer to provide documentation if they want it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah no need for any documentation till you accept an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Ivan STanchev - I answered your question on another thread - did you think there would be a different answer on this thread?

Congratulations Tzareenah and happy birthday!!!!!!!!!! My first choice is Edinburgh too!

ReputationRep:
    Woo hoo! Unconditional from Aberdeen for Mathematics and Physics -so happy that somebody wants me! They were really nice to me last Easter an invited me to the math department to go speak to them and gave me a compus tour.

Good luck to everyone else!

I got 1835 on the SAT I, 800 on SAT II mathematics 2, 760 on SAT II physics, and a 5 at AP calculus

Taking the ACT tomorrow with hopes of turning my Glasgow conditional offer into unconditional. Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and St Andrews

ALso taking stats AP, computer science AP, and physics AP an well as some extra classes in discrete math that don't have an exam associated withthem

ReputationRep:
    St. Andrews just sent me an email asking for my transcript and school profile...If you applied you St. Andy's, how did you guys go about sending these? Snail mail?

ReputationRep:
    I sent my SAT abd AP scores without being asked, so they have them already. They also asked me to fill out a form to assess whether I was overseas status or not (probably because I have dual nationality). No school profile request yet though.

WHen I take the ACT tomorrow, I'm having the score sent to St ANdrews ang my other unis so they have everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CluelessAmerican)
    St. Andrews just sent me an email asking for my transcript and school profile...If you applied you St. Andy's, how did you guys go about sending these? Snail mail?
    Yup, I think snail mail is the only way you can, there's no online thingy.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.