This discussion is closed.
Aphotic Cosmos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Naffy)
Athiest China blocks facebook, BBC, google, list goes on and on and on
China does not infringe upon it's people's civil liberties because it's a secular society, it infringes upon it's people's civil liberties and human rights because it is a one party communist dictatorship. Atheism was a tool to be wielded by the party for it's own gains - it removed the obstacle of religion - rather than a deeply held belief that is directly linked to the removal of civil liberties and rights

Sweden, The Netherlands, Germany, France, Ireland . . . these countries are amongst the most developed, prosperous and liberal in the world, and none of them have a state religion. Atheism/secularism has arse-all to do with the freedoms and power accorded to the people of a nation.
Dante786
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ajtiesto)
Lol, i'll leave the poor thing alone now. I hope she can overcome her hatred and get back to being a 17 old girl again like all the other normal ones. BNP babes eh, what are they like.
She's from Illinois, United States so KKK would be more appropriate.

Please people lets be political correct here.
User414413
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by birdsong1)
You know you could convince other people of this much more easily by embedding links into your spoiler?
Check it now. Post 271
nihility
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MJlover)
I should just leave this post with a facepalm, but I don't want to leave you in ignorance.
Christians follow the OT too. How do they know about Adam and Eve, the creation story, otherwise? They follow the 10 commandments in the OT.

And Islam sticks by the fact that the bible is distorted. Its does not allow you to kill non-muslims for no reason outside a battle, it does not tell us to rape and pillage, it does not say stone a raped woman, unlike the OT quotes I gave you here.
in ignorance of what? yes i know they follow it, but their messiah, as i was arguing in another thread was alot more of a peaceful man than muhammad.
what? who distorted it?
the quran does tell you to kill. apostates, homosexuals. it does. quote this part in your next reply. do you deny that sharia law decrees that the punishment for homosexuality is death? how about apostasy?
0201Bean
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kralizec)
Are you really saying that non-Muslims should be forced to abide by Islamic restrictions?
No, i'm saying, is that what a religious Muslim should do? Because the poster, said ''religion interferes with peoples lives'' well, thats what its supposed to do. Those who follow Islam, wouldn't just leave their religion at home because they don't want it to affect their lives.

And to you other post,
drawing a picture/cartoon of the Prophet is disrespectful toward the religion and it's followers. The main foundation of Islam, is that there is only ONE God. No statues, pictures or drawings should be worshipped. It's forbidden. If a picture was drawn of the Prophet, any of the Prophets may i add, or Allah (pbuh), it was thought that Muslims would start idolising that picture, and praying to that instead of directly to Allah (swt).

Drinking Alcohol is not the same as a painting/drawing of the Prophet which would probably end up in an important place and be considered holy.
Dante786
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)

Sweden, The Netherlands, Germany, France, Ireland . . . these countries are amongst the most developed, prosperous and liberal in the world, and none of them have a state religion. Atheism/secularism has arse-all to do with the freedoms and power accorded to the people of a nation.
Yes I agree, secularism to an extent is a good thing, however, the whole world cant jump on this bandwagon, and some countries are just simply behind.

Its no use slandering them, because theyve chosen a certain government. It their choice to do that, which is also a civil liberty.

Its the same as slandering a farmer who reaps his crops with an ox and not a tractor.
ajtiesto
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Naffy)
She's from Illinois, United States so KKK would be more appropriate.

Please people lets be political correct her.
Oh that explains it. I wonder how many pillow cases she has?
User414413
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by confused1991)
looks like amir khan will not be able to contact his family, bad times
:rofl: :hahaha: :rofl: :hahaha:
jannike
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Diaz89)
It's time this thread closed
Why? It's just people stating their opinions on an issue. You've said what you believe plenty, so let others do the same.
birdsong1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Naffy)
Then they are false then. Hadiths are fallible.

And I so rarely ever refer to hadiths, because of that.
They're fallible, true, and so are lots of other things. The point is, not that many Muslim scholars base their work only on the infallible things.

In fact, it makes more sense not to do so. The things the Prophet Muhammad said or did probably give lots of insight to what was intended in the Qur'an, as surely he'd know how it was supposed to be interpreted. And of course, knowing this, the early scholars spent a lot of painstaking time compiling the hadiths for future use.
Kralizec
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 0201Bean)
No, i'm saying, is that what a religious Muslim should do? Because the poster, said ''religion interferes with peoples lives'' well, thats what its supposed to do. Those who follow Islam, wouldn't just leave their religion at home because they don't want it to affect their lives.

And to you other post,
drawing a picture/cartoon of the Prophet is disrespectful toward the religion and it's followers. The main foundation of Islam, is that there is only ONE God. No statues, pictures or drawings should be worshipped. It's forbidden. If a picture was drawn of the Prophet, any of the Prophets may i add, or Allah (pbuh), it was thought that Muslims would start idolising that picture, and praying to that instead of directly to Allah (swt).

Drinking Alcohol is not the same as a painting/drawing of the Prophet which would probably end up in an important place and be considered holy.
Muslims have been drawing/painting Mohammad for centuries.

There are plenty of drawings of him already in existance.

Type Muslim Prophet Mohammad into Google Images. Should Pakistan ban Google too?
nihility
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh that explains it. I wonder how many pillow cases she has?
stop this childish crap. debate or go to chat.
birdsong1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
Check it now. Post 271
When I said embedding links, I meant in the internet sense, [url] so people would have to follow them before denying. Right now, it just seems like a bloody wall of text, no better than the ones you see pop up in the theology forum every day.

Just my suggestions.
ajtiesto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by nihility)
What are you her puppy? I wasn't quoting and directing anything at you so don't poke your nose in. Idiot! :mad: :rolleyes:
nihility
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What are you her puppy? I wasn't quoting and directing anything at you so don't poke your nose in. Idiot! :mad: :rolleyes:
no im just tired of having to scroll through your very mediocre jibes and insults to see what the other members are debating about.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jannike)
It seems ridiculous that, even in the twenty-first century, religion and politics are so integrated. I'm sure the non-Muslims in Pakistan don't appreciate it.
Non Muslims in Pakistan learn to respect the vast Muslim majority and their belifes. I would find it incredible that a White guy for instance can go to some random African country and start depicting racial caricutres of the given people yet still demands to be "appreciated".

What do leaders of the country expect Facebook to do? Ban cartoons of Mohammed? If they were to do that, they would then have to go ahead and ban every single thing that might be offensive to someone from being shown on the site.
I don't think you've been reading my posts have you? I've repeatedly stated that they can draw as they like, we simply don't have to reward them for doing this by hosting their websites and the revenue they would otherwise recieve from the respective nations. I think it would send out a message to facebook, that Muslims don't find this kind of thing amusing.

I am not dictating to you how to feel; I understand some people don't like to see cartoons of Mohammed. Just because they don't like it, however, doesn't mean they don't have to put up with it for the sake of the freedom of expression of others who don't share their dislike. A democracy is accepting the existence of views you don't agree with; you can't go spitting out your dummy every time something isn't to your liking.
Please don't tell Muslims how they should react if you don't expect them to tell you how to act, I think that's quite simple. Your idea of freedom of speech when it comes to this issue isn't shared with Muslims.

(Original post by jannike)
Why? It's just people stating their opinions on an issue. You've said what you believe plenty, so let others do the same.
No because it has shifted from a discussion about the OP topic to about Islam.
ajtiesto
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no im just tired of having to scroll through your very mediocre jibes and insults to see what the other members are debating about.
Well don't bloody respond then. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's ok to poke fun at muslims, oh but we can't joke about the KKK. Freedom of expression eh?
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You should heed your own advice
User414413
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by birdsong1)
When I said embedding links, I meant in the internet sense, [url] so people would have to follow them before denying. Right now, it just seems like a bloody wall of text, no better than the ones you see pop up in the theology forum every day.

Just my suggestions.
No, trust me. This one is better. The reason being is that many Muslims will regard some websites as extremist and such.
0201Bean
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kralizec)
Muslims have been drawing/painting Mohammad for centuries.

There are plenty of drawings of him already in existance.

Type Muslim Prophet Mohammad into Google Images. Should Pakistan ban Google too?
Found four, and two of them were from one specific site, made by the Shi'a Muslims. The minority of muslims (shi'a) that have some very different views to the majority,- Sunni Muslims.

and are you really saying, that those who are going to 'draw Mohammad' tomorrow, will draw with islamic scriptions around them? Portray him in a modest, important, religious, man? No. - not that i'm saying even that is right.

Secondly, if non-muslims want to draw Mohammad, why don't they? But why are they advertising it on Facebook, provoking Muslims into a response?
If you drew Mohammad in your own home, would i know about it? would i feel the need to express how disgusted i was by it? would i even know?
Facebook has been banned because it's allowing hate groups/pages/events on Islam, not because a portrait of the Prophet has been found with might i add, information on Islam, on the Prophets life, on his religion and of his importance to muslims- like on Google.

Side note- Pakistani's tend to use Yahoo XD, been there, and they thought it was the best thing on Earth :P
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise