Edexcel chemistry 1 Watch

SK-mar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by jonathan3909)
Yeah I guess the incorrect one was;
yeh i saw that but thought they were using atoms/ions in the same context was is annoying. oh well .
Itachi8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
wat did ppl after the graph question where it had BA2+ AND OTHERS
SK-mar
Rep:
?
considering the june 09 A boundary was 57 and jan 10 was 48 what do you think it will be this time???
Aerox217
Report 8 years ago
Yeah I guess the incorrect one was; metal atoms
LOL i even circled ATOMS and wrote ions next to it, but couldnt decide if that was just me being picky or not. Stupidly picked the isoelectronic one cos didnt know what it meant.
SK-mar
Rep:
?
How did people show the two monomer units for that alkene ....i think it was: CHC6H5=CH2
isaacstarboy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
everyone in my school was surprised at how straight forward it was. i think grade boundaries will be high, maybe between 55-60. but we'll see.
jonathan3909
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SK-mar)
wasnt it asking about why the values were slightly different and you had to say something like cos there is partial covalency in the ionic compound due to the difference in values. i cant remember whether i said yes or no, what were we saying yes or no to?
I think the Question was;do the two values support the Ionic model,so they did since they had a difference of almost 35 kjmol-1which is very less and hence almost 100% ionic??
There will be Particles
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
wasnt it asking about why the values were slightly different and you had to say something like cos there is partial covalency in the ionic compound due to the difference in values. i cant remember whether i said yes or no, what were we saying yes or no to?
that was the previous question I think, there were two similar ones. The second was asking whether the value would be similar to a value calculated from ionic theory or something.
SK-mar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aerox217)
LOL i even circled ATOMS and wrote ions next to it, but couldnt decide if that was just me being picky or not. Stupidly picked the isoelectronic one cos didnt know what it meant.
haha same as me, trust us to pick the one we dont know....they probably put it ther purposefully to trick us people! ha
lpmad
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the colour change was purple to faint pink. As it clearly said in the question what would be the colour change if a small amount of alkene was added!
SK-mar
Rep:
?
I think the Question was;do the two values support the Ionic model,so they did since they had a difference of almost 35 kjmol-1which is very less and hence almost 100% ionic??
oh ok yeh. damn got that wrong then...i think i said no, because they values are fairly different which conveys the assumption of partial covalency. how many marks was that? 1 or 2
jonathan3909
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by FallenPetal)
Hahah. It took me ages to realise that.
That one word changes the whole story:p:
SK-mar
Rep:
?
(Original post by lpmad)
the colour change was purple to faint pink. As it clearly said in the question what would be the colour change if a small amount of alkene was added!
too picky. should get the mark for purple to colourless or pale pink!!
Aerox217
Report 8 years ago
considering the june 09 A boundary was 57 and jan 10 was 48 what do you think it will be this time???
In 09 it was: Unit 1 = 53 Unit 2 = 56
Anyone know jan10 unit 2?

Edit: Oh and anyone know how many marks the colour change one was?
Princestia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For what the CATALYST WAS FOR THAT REACTION, WHAT DID EVERYONE PUT?
woozeybear
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Think there was a difference of 200..unless that was the practice paper I was doing..
I said they're similiar so the whatever it was was almost purely ionic..
Itachi8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
wat about for this
h
h c o h
h
woozeybear
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Princestia)
For what the CATALYST WAS FOR THAT REACTION, WHAT DID EVERYONE PUT?
Nickel
lpmad
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
oh ok yeh. damn got that wrong then...i think i said no, because they values are fairly different which conveys the assumption of partial covalency. how many marks was that? 1 or 2
the mark scheme would probably say either as long as you justify as you could say that the small difference meant it wasn't 100 % ionic
SK-mar
Rep:
?
(Original post by lpmad)
the mark scheme would probably say either as long as you justify as you could say that the small difference meant it wasn't 100 % ionic
ok cool well lets hope so then hahah, cheers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1526)
79.27%
Leave (399)
20.73%

Watched Threads