Turn on thread page Beta

"Looks are everything these days" watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: "Looks are everything these days" - Agree or disagree?
    Agree
    51.94%
    Disagree
    48.06%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeylfc1989)
    Really, what's so special about it?
    I just AM special.
    :rolleyes:
    Erm. Seriously? I guess I'm just a likeable person. :cool: I hope anyway. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlisquigs)
    Hmmm I think you can control personality to some extent, but my point is its better to judge a person by their personality and merits rather than their apperance.
    He's right, most girls on here usually list stuff like;intelligence, humour and musical talent as what they like. These are things in which genetics play a large part, obviously you have some control but then you also have control over looks to an extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StartSomething)
    I just AM special.
    :rolleyes:
    Erm. Seriously? I guess I'm just a likeable person. :cool: I hope anyway. :rolleyes:
    Debatable...

*Licks finger and touches you* tssssssssssssssssssss

I'm joking... I bet I could wipe the floor with you likableness though...

ReputationRep:
    Debatable...

*Licks finger and touches you* tssssssssssssssssssss

I'm joking... I bet I could wipe the floor with you likableness though...
    My likeableness is certainly not debatable.

And that would be a lost bet I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StartSomething)
    My likeableness is certainly not debatable.

And that would be a lost bet I'm afraid.
    A poll will be coming soon..., you're going to get creamed!!11

ReputationRep:
    A poll will be coming soon..., you're going to get creamed!!11
    Awesome. :woo:
    I look forward to it :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Based on responses the guys go for looks, the girls like personality and success. There you have your answer why attractive people are more successful on average. They have the right combination of good looking genes and clever genes.

ReputationRep:
    Ha this thread is so true to a certain extent. Its not impossible to succeed in life if your ugly, I think that's been proved. If your a ground braking Scientist, Academic, business man etc. People wont care how good looking you are.

But that says it all, if your ugly you have to over compensate in other area's for people to take you seriously it seems. If your just an average member of society (by that I mean not particularly good at anything, not particularly confident or outgoing etc.) and are ugly, you're almost treated like a second class citizen, its quite sad actually.

But you cant let it get you down though, sitting in your own self pity wont change the situation. As an ugly guy myself you just have to get on with things and be happy for what you've got (And thats not me being an attention seeker, I remember overhearing two of my friends and ill always remember this quote 'He's the funniest and kindest person I've ever met, but by god he's unfortunate looking!' followed by giggling ha)

Whenever I feel like this, I always put this song on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgT1AidzRWM Seems to help somehow

Ha this thread is so true to a certain extent. Its not impossible to succeed in life if your ugly, I think that's been proved. If your a ground braking Scientist, Academic, business man etc. People wont care how good looking you are.

But that says it all, if your ugly you have to over compensate in other area's for people to take you seriously it seems. If your just an average member of society (by that I mean not particularly good at anything, not particularly confident or outgoing etc.) and are ugly, you're almost treated like a second class citizen, its quite sad actually.

But you cant let it get you down though, sitting in your own self pity wont change the situation. As an ugly guy myself you just have to get on with things and be happy for what you've got (And thats not me being an attention seeker, I remember overhearing two of my friends and ill always remember this quote 'He's the funniest and kindest person I've ever met, but by god he's unfortunate looking!' followed by giggling ha)

Whenever I feel like this, I always put this song on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgT1AidzRWM Seems to help somehow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    No.
    Most powerful woman in world:

Angela Merkel

Correlation clearly proves causation :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'm gorgeous and I get everything I want. Therefore they must be correlated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    He's right, most girls on here usually list stuff like;intelligence, humour and musical talent as what they like. These are things in which genetics play a large part, obviously you have some control but then you also have control over looks to an extent.
    So basically you are saying you judge people on their apperances and thats it? What about in employment ect, I'm sure I read somewhere that attractive people are more likely to get good jobs. Is that fair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alijimi)
    You did, so I take it that none of these datings developed to a serious relationship, why?! Because these guys were not good enough to your taste and their lack of attractiveness was a major reason to dump them easily :cool: .
    Haha.:p: Actually not. I did really like some of them! And looks weren't the reason for me breaking up with any of them at all. I never felt like I was on a higher level to them or out of their league or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Period.)

Angela Merkel

I don't think she's particularly attractive, at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Period.)

Angela Merkel

Phwoar! She has nice boobies.

ReputationRep:
    'Looks'' may help in life but i think it's more to do with the fact that these 'looks'' gives you confidence to go out an do things. It more the confidnece and way people act that has a more of an impact. Saying that, i voted yes...

(Original post by Reems)
    I'm gorgeous and I get everything I want. Therefore they must be correlated.
    but but but...MTA isn't doing too well at the moment. You certainly aren't getting everything you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    I don't think she's particularly attractive, at all.
    Stop looking at her face :sexface:

(Original post by Charlisquigs)
    Phwoar! She has nice boobies.
    Inorite, if only Britain had a ****y PM

(Original post by mau5)
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6416499429

What is that supposed to mean? That the cool groups?
    I'm not a RAH!!!!!:mad:
    You don't even know me only because I come from London you assume we are either cockneys or rahs :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    I'm not a RAH!!!!!:mad:
    You don't even know me only because I come from London you assume we are either cockneys or rahs :rolleyes:
    It's true.

(Original post by MancBoy)
    It's true.
    No it's not it's like saying people from Manchester all look like the people from The Jeremy Kyle show

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.