Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoanyLisa)
    :rofl:

I agree. The only decent thing I've seen so far is that the US has been secretly taking Uranium out of Pakistan to stop them from getting into terrorists hands.
    source please

links taken down i think

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by x-friends)
      Then it shouldn't be only Iran that isn't allowed it, but every single other country. Lets start with the US, which is the only country to ever use the atomic bombs.
      Noo but you dont understand..the US, the US! They are the good ones (even if they are taking Uranium out of Pakistan) and Iran is the bad one :O

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jakemittle)
      Noo but you dont understand..the US, the US! They are the good ones (even if they are taking Uranium out of Pakistan) and Iran is the bad one :O

They haven't taken uranium out of Pakistan. They were trying to for a couple of years because of the growing presence of the Taliban in the region and they feel they could be making 'licit nuclear devices'. Pakistan delayed this. It seems like this person was right:

(Original post by Indiatimes)
      An anonymous Pakistani official was quoted as saying that if the local media got word of the fuel removal, they would portray it as US taking Pakistan's nuclear weapons.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
      They haven't taken uranium out of Pakistan. They were trying to for a couple of years because of the growing presence of the Taliban in the region and they feel they could be making 'licit nuclear devices'. Pakistan delayed this. It seems like this person was right:
      Yep, he seems to have gotten it right

ReputationRep:
      The founder is having a live Q&A on the Guardian website now.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by gildartz)
      The founder is having a live Q&A on the Guardian website now.
      Where can I find it?

ReputationRep:
      Where can I find it?
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog...assange-online

ReputationRep:
      "Update: we are currently experiencing technical difficulties on guardian.co.uk"

mhmmmmmm what timing eh?

ReputationRep:
      Probably server overload.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aj12)
      No it should not be every country. Nuclear weapons are not the right of a state as you ignorantly seem to think.

The US used those two weapons( That are isignificant by today's standards) as a legitimate act of war.
      Well actually no they didn't but because they were the only country to possess such weapons it didn't matter. They would never try that stunt today against a non-nuclear country.

ReputationRep:
      His answers can be viewed here:
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog...ange-wikileaks

Seems leaks will be released in the future regarding UFOs. Should be interesting XD

ReputationRep:
      Swedish authorities have made a fresh request to UK police to extradite Wikileaks founder Julian Assange following sex crime allegations.
      He said his client was in a "bizarre situation" where he had tried to seek a meeting with the Swedish prosecutor to discuss the charges against him, but had been rebuffed.

"If the prosecutor had any concern for the women making the complaints, any concern about truth or justice, she would pick up the phone and get in touch with Julian - she knows how to do it."
      source

Sweden's rape rate is 3 times the European average..and yet they are fiercely pursuing this guy (un-Swedish like) even though the case is not solid? Then he tries to secure a meeting and its rejected..I mean, how obvious can you get?

ReputationRep:

That's whats always going to be told. Fair enought Iran's president hasn't helped the situation using international platforms to attack every other country.
      And Pakistan, unfortunately is corrupt.

ReputationRep:
      source

Sweden's rape rate is 3 times the European average..and yet they are fiercely pursuing this guy (un-Swedish like) even though the case is not solid? Then he tries to secure a meeting and its rejected..I mean, how obvious can you get?
      Obviously they don't want him on the rape charges alone and what to question him about other crimes and are using the rape as a stepping stone but I wouldn't dismiss the rape allegations as false just yet.

Ms Rosander told the AFP news agency: "[Soca] were asking for additional information concerning the maximum penalty for all the crimes and infractions on the file.

"We usually only include the most severe offence, which was rape in this case," she said.
      Also, what the hell is up with this part:

His British lawyer Mark Stephens told the BBC's Today programme that the police knew where Mr Assange was living if they needed to get in touch with him.

ReputationRep:
      On that Q and A:
      JAnthony
      Julian.
      I am a former British diplomat. In the course of my former duties I helped to coordinate multilateral action against a brutal regime in the Balkans, impose sanctions on a renegade state threatening ethnic cleansing, and negotiate a debt relief programme for an impoverished nation. None of this would have been possible without the security and secrecy of diplomatic correspondence, and the protection of that correspondence from publication under the laws of the UK and many other liberal and democratic states. An embassy which cannot securely offer advice or pass messages back to London is an embassy which cannot operate. Diplomacy cannot operate without discretion and the
      protection of sources. This applies to the UK and the UN as much as the US.
      In publishing this massive volume of correspondence, Wikileaks is not highlighting specific cases of wrongdoing but undermining the entire process of diplomacy. If you can publish US cables then you can publish UK telegrams and UN emails.
      My question to you is: why should we not hold you personally responsible when next an international crisis goes unresolved because diplomats cannot function.
      His answer:

Julian Assange:
      If you trim the vast editorial letter to the singular question actually asked, I would be happy to give it my attention.
      Then just a few questions down he answers one of similar proportions. ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
      It looks like the United States of America(USA) has violated the Vienna Treaty of 1961(Diplomatic Relations), which states that: Members of the U.N should/must never order its diplomats to collect passwords, emails, and biometric data on U.N and other foreign officials.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TobeTheHero)
      It looks like the United States of America(USA) has violated the Vienna Treaty of 1961(Diplomatic Relations), which states that: Members of the U.N should/must never order its diplomats to collect passwords, emails, and biometric data on U.N and other foreign officials.

They've violated so much more, but they'll never be held responsible, because their word is law in this world.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      Paypal cut Wikileaks donations, awwww.... right as I was about to donate

ReputationRep:
      Statements by the two female “victims” Sophia Wilen and Anna Ardin that there was no fear or violence would stop a rape charge in any western country dead in its tracks.
      Sweden’s Public Prosecutor’s Office was embarrassed in August this year when they leaked to the media that they were seeking to arrest Assange for rape then on the same day withdrew the arrest warrant because in their own words there was “no evidence”.
      The consent of both women to sex with Assange has been confirmed by prosecutors. Niether Wilén’s nor Ardin’s texts complain of rape.

These facts should make any normal prosecutor gravely concerned about whether a false complaint is being made.

But then neither Arden nor Wilén complained to the police. They collaboratively ‘sought advice’, a technique in Sweden enabling citizens to avoid being sued for making false complaints

In any normal first world country the prosecutor would know that her case not just a deeply flawed waste of time by a dangerous perversion of the serious objectives of rape laws.

Source

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.