Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Snow Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim1234567)
    Lots and lots and lots of snow. Good old North East takes the brunt for the rest of England!
    leave some for the south east, we need some help down here, we have a precipitation deficiancy that is leaving children in school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I-love-life)
    NO snow for me
    Snow, snowball, snowblows, what's the difference? I can provide you...

ReputationRep:
    Snow from Saturday night and a bit more on top...thawed today and refroze- lethal with frost and ice, busses are not serving my town. Not snowing today because The Isle of Man is blocking snow for most of Dublin, ******* Isle of Man..

ReputationRep:
    My college never shuts, but they understand if basically nobody is in.
    We've had bugger all snow where I am anyway, hoping for a deluge anytime tonight

ReputationRep:
    It's been snowing continuously here since Wednesday :eek: Uni is open, even though you're likely to break your neck getting there because whoever is meant to grit the streets near my accommodation hasn't, at all.

I managed to escape for the weekend to see my boyfriend in York, but unfortunately my trains got cancelled on Monday so I had to stay an extra night :mmm: Back to uni at 10am tomorrow, lets hope is don't fall over and bang my head (again!)

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me that doesn't like it much? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Can't get a bus from my flat (no buses), or a taxi because the snow traps cars like a spider web.Thus I will die here.

ReputationRep:
    Snow has been so terrible, I have a awful cold as well. Can it get any worse?

ReputationRep:
    I've been snowboarding with a Ben 10 skateboard

ReputationRep:
    4 inches of snow and half an inch of ice in most places, **** work.

ReputationRep:
    I'm praying that Cheshire's weather goes Siberian for a night, and my college gets snowed in. And collapses under the weight. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    It took me three hours to get home from college today, the journey normally takes less than an hour :/

ReputationRep:
    Only about 1cm of snow in Liverpool so not many school closures though I think forecasts say there should be more snowfall overnight.

ReputationRep:
    College was closed today and it's closed tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware, the snow has had no effect on Keele University in terms of closures.
    However, it is continuing to snow! So perhaps tomorrow, there will be problems. I don't have anything tomorrow anyway, so I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    Lol,Here in Aberdeen a foot of snow no joke I had to go out and push my neibourghs car.I have mock exams/prelims this week and last but they have been postponed XD bin playing COD all week cos F/A else to do. Oh and tehs thunder that shook the ground and lightning like a stun grenade.I love my life but if the weather gets worse might go for a spot of looting, beats Christmas shopping.

ReputationRep:
    It snowed for a few hours, then the snow melted. And now it's just cold and frosty

ReputationRep:
    I went lunatic when I saw snow for the first time, It was winter, last year.

Its crazy to see the whole place, town covered with snow and all white.

I remember running, jumping and trying all other things to 'experiment' lol.

But got fed up when snow turned in to ice, fell off many times, and wished Ice became snow

ReputationRep:

We're snowed in...

ReputationRep:
    My Spanish seminar today has been cancelled so I pretty much have a snow day. Nice.
    Yesterday we spent the day making an igloo (spot the walrus):

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.