Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chem_ist)
    I got a rejection from Kings last week without having an interview.
    Does anyone know roughly what the cutoff UKCAT score was? (or did they use PS aswell?)
    i think it's in the low 700's, they take the top 25% ish of ukcat scores then look through your reference, PS and stuff to pick who to interview.

This is what they say on their myapp thing anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manclad)
    Hey I'm a new member, I just wanted to see if anybody has received an interview offer for the GEM course at Leicester?

Thanks
    Hey,

I had an interview at the beginning of jan and haven't heard back as of yet, but they said we might not hear till march... ive got my fingers firmly crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else go through the whole weekend thinking Monday will be the day you'll finally hear something only to be left feeling used dirty & neglected???

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, has anybody heard anything at all from Keele for their 4 year course?

I got a decent GAMSAT score (made the other cutoffs), and have heard nothing, other than reading they are interviewing in March on their web site.

On NNM someone has asked, but noone has replied, so thought I would pose the question here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledoubleu)
    Sorry I'm new to this and have only just seen this.

stuff
    Hope that helps!!
    I was at the same selection centre and we were asked not to share information like this. You might want to edit, admissions people read this forum and it also hurts your application as well as everyone else's.

ReputationRep:
    For those asking about graduate interviews for the 5 year MBBS at King's - I was given an interview on Friday.

I was also interviewed for the 4 year GPEP in January (and have still heard nothing!!!), but applied to both to increase my chances!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if that means we're any closer to a response from the 4 year interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Possibly - although I applied to both as they stipulate they consider the applications independently of each other if you do apply to both... And it would be weird if they rejected me from 4 year, including 5 year offer... to then interview me for 5 year again? Don't know! All very confusing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chem_ist)
    I got a rejection from Kings last week without having an interview.
    Does anyone know roughly what the cutoff UKCAT score was? (or did they use PS aswell?)
    I got my rejection without interview off KCL the other week as well. My UKCAT was 710, and I didn't get rejected early on.

I get the feeling low end 700s just missed out because there were so many in the high 700s/800s this year.

Shame considering how it was last year!

ReputationRep:
    Any grads with an offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bird87)
    Any grads with an offer yet?

How many grads have even been interviewed yet?

Edit: thought I was posting on the Bristol Grad entry thread. Anyway, any grad interview for Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    I've been interviewed at Newcastle for A101, not heard back yet but the A100 offers have started coming out this week so hopefully may hear soon. I have an interview at Warwick later in the month.

KCL messed me about for ages and eventually gave me a rejection a few weeks ago waaay after the interviews and after plenty of other people were rejected, so that was annoying. Imperial rejected me quite near the start because i didn't meet their individual UKCAT cut-offs, which is fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bshuker)
    KCL messed me about for ages and eventually gave me a rejection a few weeks ago waaay after the interviews and after plenty of other people were rejected, so that was annoying.
    Sorry to hear that. How did they let you know? I'm waiting to hear anything post GEP interview and it's been well over the 4 weeks they said it would be (ha). I didn't know anyone had been rejected post interview so far.

ReputationRep:
    They just let me know via ucas/myapplication. I forgot to say that was rejection without interview, which was the annoying part! They left it so late! Best of luck to you and the army of interviewees that seem to be waiting for kcl.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've had three interviews, one offer and one rejection so far:

Liverpool 4yr - Interview 15/2/11
    Liverpool 5yr - Interview 15/2/11
    Birmingham 4yr - Interview 19/1/11 - Offer 24/1/11
    Bristol 4yr - Interview 7/2/11 - Rejection 4/3/11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobychanin)
    Hey, I've had three interviews, one offer and one rejection so far:

Liverpool 4yr - Interview 15/2/11
    Liverpool 5yr - Interview 15/2/11
    Birmingham 4yr - Interview 19/1/11 - Offer 24/1/11
    Bristol 4yr - Interview 7/2/11 - Rejection 4/3/11
    When did you get notified of the rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ringham33170)
    When did you get notified of the rejection?
    The date next to the rejection is when I was notified. They sent me an email and updated UCAS at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobychanin)
    The date next to the rejection is when I was notified. They sent me an email and updated UCAS at the same time.
    Sorry. lol. Musta been one of those days. Congrats on Birmingham though. That's not an easy uni to get into

ReputationRep:
    Swansea offer! Am still in shock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lexie_89)
    Swansea offer! Am still in shock
    Brilliant news, well done!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.