Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schnecke)
    Ah that would be very good then . Good luck with Cambridge on Thursday :afraid:
    Aw, thanks You too!

tbh I'm just trying to forget about it, didn't really feel I did myself justice in the interview so I'm focusing on the fact that I have an offer from Imperial where I would be more than super pleased to go to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_t_h)
    Aw, thanks You too!

tbh I'm just trying to forget about it, didn't really feel I did myself justice in the interview so I'm focusing on the fact that I have an offer from Imperial where I would be more than super pleased to go to!
    Same. I'm not expecting to get in, so Imperial is my likely firm

ReputationRep:
    Same. I'm not expecting to get in, so Imperial is my likely firm
    Snap! That's exactly what I'm thinking too!

ReputationRep:
    Ah that would be very good then . Good luck with Cambridge on Thursday :afraid:

Dont you Mean wednesday?
    Or is tomorrow simply the posting date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    Dont you Mean wednesday?
    Or is tomorrow simply the posting date?
    Tomorrow is the posting date, so hopefully they should arrive on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    What is happening with Maths offers. I applied in October and apart from an acknowledgment have heard nothing?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by infoexpertx)
    What is happening with Maths offers. I applied in October and apart from an acknowledgment have heard nothing?
    They are being given out in an apparently continuous fashion (meaning I don't think you've passed some internal deadline for being accepted).

BTW there is an applicants' thread too Link

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who went on the 1st of december interview for civil engineering, have you heard anything yet?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mbelben)
    Anybody who went on the 1st of december interview for civil engineering, have you heard anything yet?
    ...Um, hi again? The answer's the same as it was 2 weeks ago whence you copy-pasted that question. If you've been following this thread since then you'll see no new names have gone on the list for Civ-Eng; honestly, we're not hiding anything

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I should cut you some slack. I just looked for the answer I'd typed out to your question 2 weeks ago and couldn't find it; evidently I forgot to hit "submit". The last offers given out for Civ Eng were 4 weeks ago (presumably for the previous band) so it looks like your lot's haven't come in yet. Sorry
    :oops:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roblee)
    ...Um, hi again? The answer's the same as it was 2 weeks ago whence you copy-pasted that question. If you've been following this thread since then you'll see no new names have gone on the list for Civ-Eng; honestly, we're not hiding anything

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I should cut you some slack. I just looked for the answer I'd typed out to your question 2 weeks ago and couldn't find it; evidently I forgot to hit "submit". The last offers given out for Civ Eng were 4 weeks ago (presumably for the previous band) so it looks like your lot's haven't come in yet. Sorry
    :oops:
    You've memorised every applicant and offer holders details :lolwut: Your dedication inspires me, noble sir :clap2:

Have a donut for this dedication :donut:

Now back to FP2 revision.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    You've memorised every applicant and offer holders details :lolwut: Your dedication inspires me, noble sir :clap2:

Have a donut for this dedication :donut:

Now back to FP2 revision.
    Like I say, murder-list.

Once I've finished re-revising C4, D1 (how could a CS fail D1? ) and physics it'll be FP2-time you're lucky you've only got this year's subjects to revise.

ReputationRep:
    Like I say, murder-list.

Once I've finished re-revising C4, D1 (how could a CS fail D1? ) and physics it'll be FP2-time you're lucky you've only got this year's subjects to revise.
    Murder list, of course :rolleyes:

What exam board are you for Physics, maths and FM? Lol I failed D1 too. 73 muahaha I failed D2 as well but I resat it haha (and got the same grade again) :ninja: You'll do well :hugs:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Murder list, of course :rolleyes:

What exam board are you for Physics, maths and FM? Lol I failed D1 too. 73 muahaha I failed D2 as well but I resat it haha (and got the same grade again) :ninja: You'll do well :hugs:
    AQA, OCR for everything else (but did Core/Mech Maths AS under Edexcel).

63 marks Jan10- some silly page-long question about Turing machines :rolleyes: ironically the two computer-illiterate ubergeniuses got 100% in it (and in everything else for that matter) For Larks: I would bet that no Imperialite beat this for bad-marks-but-still-got-in... 54 in C4

ReputationRep:
    lol, I'm taking M2 and M3 this January, which doesn't sound so bad except I still haven't finished learning the material for M3 Also the two exams are meant to be at the same time (which sadistic ******* conjured that up?) so I'm going to be doing mechanics for about 3 hours :afraid:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bzzz)
    lol, I'm taking M2 and M3 this January, which doesn't sound so bad except I still haven't finished learning the material for M3 Also the two exams are meant to be at the same time (which sadistic ******* conjured that up?) so I'm going to be doing mechanics for about 3 hours :afraid:
    Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch. Ouch. I had to do that last year and can affirm that it is not fun at all. M2 and M3 are more similar than most modules though so maybe you'll do better than if they were separate? (having 'warmed up' in the first one )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bzzz)
    I feel your pain sista! I had that last year with D1 and S2 - did crap in both actually :teehee: I'm generally pretty crap at applied modules. Core and FP are definitely my lifesavers

AQA, OCR for everything else (but did Core/Mech Maths AS under Edexcel).

63 marks Jan10- some silly page-long question about Turing machines :rolleyes: ironically the two computer-illiterate ubergeniuses got 100% in it (and in everything else for that matter) For Larks: I would bet that no Imperialite beat this for bad-marks-but-still-got-in... 54 in C4
    We have the same! Two languages students who are like ridicklo smart got like 100% in D1! :nothing:
    Are you doing FP2 this Monday coming up Robbeh? I'm on OCR for Maths too you see

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Maths! A*A*AA in Maths, Furtther Maths, Further Maths Additional and Chemistry respectively!

ReputationRep:
    Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch. Ouch. I had to do that last year and can affirm that it is not fun at all. M2 and M3 are more similar than most modules though so maybe you'll do better than if they were separate? (having 'warmed up' in the first one )
    Heh yeah taking M2 beforehandwill be a nice preparation for M3, especially because it just seems so much easier after doing M3 as well Last year I retook C1 in the same exam period that I did C3 and C1 seemed laughably easy in comparison, so hopefully the same thing will happen..

I feel your pain sista! I had that last year with D1 and S2 - did crap in both actually :teehee: I'm generally pretty crap at applied modules. Core and FP are definitely my lifesavers
    I think I did D1 at the same time as something like S1 as well - does it not occur to the timetable-setting people that there's a high chance students will be taking both? :mad: I don't really like applied either but they're easier than the pure modules
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

We have the same! Two languages students who are like ridicklo smart got like 100% in D1! :nothing:
    Are you doing FP2 this Monday coming up Robbeh? I'm on OCR for Maths too you see
    Why is it that all the CS people (who are supposed to know this stuff) seem to fail in D1? It's basically computer science, we should be able to do this!

Nope, all exams except physics and retakes are in June for us... Fail one and it's set sail for the Uni of Notts

(Original post by Mathelete)
    Offer for Maths! A*A*AA in Maths, Furtther Maths, Further Maths Additional and Chemistry respectively!
    Yer listed sonny (...sonette? A curse upon this gender ambiguity)

Also, that is a painful offer for straight maths... Good luck with getting all those asterices
    (Original post by bzzz)
    Heh yeah taking M2 beforehandwill be a nice preparation for M3, especially because it just seems so much easier after doing M3 as well Last year I retook C1 in the same exam period that I did C3 and C1 seemed laughably easy in comparison, so hopefully the same thing will happen..
    What's C1 again?
    Differentiate .
    Show your working (all one line of it).
    Integrate by joining up the dots simpson's rule
    Never mind, I remember now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bzzz)
    I am doingthat too!!

Just finishing M3 right now..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.