Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    You're depriving yourself of a lot of bad experiences if you choose not to do drugs. However, if you try anything once; what about cocaine? Or just one shot of heroin? I mean it's all about leading a full, rewarding life - not about being responsible or mature and having some integrity is'nt it?

I place drugs and alcohol on about the same level as junk food i.e. you should be aware of the consequences, then if you still want to fill your body with crap; go for it. Just don't complain when things go bad. If you want to live a full life then go ahead, but please stop trying to promote something dangerous and illegal as "harmless" because no drug is.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by jimbobur)
    I had to google lacktokinesis but it was worth it :lol:

What use could anybody possibly have for that power other that throwing cheese/cows/milk/dairy delivery trucks/... uh, actually there are quite a few uses now I think about it
    Ha ha it would be awesome! It is a misfits reference =D

ReputationRep:
    LOL i must've smoked some seriously lovley weed, because I forgot all about this thread until now!

ReputationRep:
    I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!
    i see where you're coming from with the trying everything once but i think it doesn't really apply when it comes to drugs, cos like cannabis can induce mental problems e.g schizophrenia which will effect the rest of your life and i really don't see why anyone would risk effecting their life in that way for a few hours of highness.. tbh i think getting drunk will make you feel as good as anything else (tho i haven't ever tried anything else so don't know for certain....) but it's side effects aren't as bad in my opinion

ReputationRep:

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I agree, try everything (within reason) once before you complain about it.

I think many people will try alchohol but not weed because 1) alchohol is legal, weed isn't and 2) weed is considered a drug, so unless it becomes legal, it can be a stepping stone to harder drugs like cocaine etc. Once you know the people who provide the weed, you can get most things, hence why it is considered dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirll)
    i see where you're coming from with the trying everything once but i think it doesn't really apply when it comes to drugs, cos like cannabis can induce mental problems e.g schizophrenia which will effect the rest of your life and i really don't see why anyone would risk effecting their life in that way for a few hours of highness.. tbh i think getting drunk will make you feel as good as anything else (tho i haven't ever tried anything else so don't know for certain....) but it's side effects aren't as bad in my opinion
    Not if you go for the "try it once"-method. Trying a cigarette once is worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katq)
    Not if you go for the "try it once"-method. Trying a cigarette once is worse.
    i dunno... cannabis, like tobacco can cause lung disease/ cancer and is often mixed with tobacco often smoked without a filter so it'll be about the same for lungs i think??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirll)
    i dunno... cannabis, like tobacco can cause lung disease/ cancer and is often mixed with tobacco often smoked without a filter so it'll be about the same for lungs i think??
    Well, I guess, its said to be milder on the lungs but worse for brain etc.

Anyway, my point was, you wouldn't get mental problems unless you smoke it very regularely over a long period of time. It's not a strong drug like cocaine and chemicals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katq)
    Well, I guess, its said to be milder on the lungs but worse for brain etc.

Anyway, my point was, you wouldn't get mental problems unless you smoke it very regularely over a long period of time. It's not a strong drug like cocaine and chemicals.
    awww rights

ReputationRep:
    idk.. it isn't something on my "things to do before I'm 30" list..

ReputationRep:
    why would i want to.....

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the OP. You've only got one life. Not smoking weed because only Naughty Boys do that is really mental self-castration. All the things you normally like to do are given a bit of fresh insight with weed, although it's true you don't want to overdo it. Alcohol just makes you physically sick. Who gives a hoot about the law. Vodka is legal - does that mean it's ok to go and guzzle down a bottle of it? And risk death? Well if you aren't breaking any laws lol

ReputationRep:

OMDZ i totally agree! i love trying new stuff and yh i tried weed but like i have this thing that i dont mind trying stuff as long as i dont do it again cas i dont wanna get addicted :P ....

ReputationRep:
    Drugs are bad mmkay?

ReputationRep:
    hmm a lot of people on this thread seem pretty biased against it, it's proven time and time again to be a safer drug then alcahol in moderation? So why keep arguing?! All this nonsense about it being a gateway drug is rubbish too, it's the person that chooses that road, not any effect on the drug....I've known plenty of people who just smoke weed and have no intention of ever taking anything harder.

Was also proven that when your drunk your brain cells get "tickled" which causes the effects, but then parts of the nerves to them are killed off afterwards. With weed you get the same "tickled" part but when sober again the brain cells are left perfectly fine, so no brain damage. You also can't overdose, it just doesn't work. Vaporising it isn't no way near as bad as smoking it either as nothing is being burnt... so it gets to a level of yeah it might be unhealthy but so is eating junk food. Moderation is the key!

ReputationRep:
    Never even been tempted.

ReputationRep:
    hmm good thread. because people probs believe it is in some way immoral or they don't think smoking is a particularly nice habit. i used to date a guy who constantly smoked weed and got high around me when i was sober...got a lil annoyin after a while tbh ha ha. but doesnt bother me what other people do. i havnt smoked it yet, probs will next time i visit my mate in amsterdam

ReputationRep:
    I trid to make thinges simple for the feeble minded....*sigh*

do you drink alcohol?

and "jeopardizing your life" is a bit over the top since weed has NEVER killed anyone, yet alcohol kills hundreds of thousand per year...

Are you one of those people that think having a toke will turn you into a junkie, but binge drinking is perfectly acceptable?

Weed HAS killed people, it just doesn't get officially recorded as the cause of death.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate, really appreciate that! will have to rep you when I can!

The thing is, I can spell, but I don't really want to treat TSR, which I use as a way to relax from work (amongst other thinges! ) like an assignment, I merely just want to get my message across and that's it....

People on this site always do this..as if resorting to spelling errors and ignoring the discussion makes them seem more intelligent? Are these people 8?
    I also agree that she needs to chill the **** out, uptight cow...
    Why is your name bongboy? Because you're amazingly cool for smoking weed thats why haha, now please stop embarrassing yourself. You probably just have as few friends as other people on here and use weed as a comfort to yourself.

I'm not saying weed is bad though, you're just a ****.

Everyone should try it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm strong willed and don't give into peer pressure. I like having healthy lungs and my memory is not ****ed up, I also don't like brain damage. I am also a fitness health obsessed machine.

If you want to smoke it fair enough, it doesn't bother me as long as you're aware of the side effects as well as the benefits.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.