Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessions of a gamer: Your worst ethically questionable behaviour in computer games Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorito)
    I used to always get the meat cleaver on GTA and go round chopping people up, it was my favourite weapon. I worry about myself at time. :awesome:

Also, on FM I regularly gave my star striker injections to get through the games when he was injured. I probably abused some human right there but the team wouldn't work without him...
    I fine my rotation players 2 week wages to save money for the team whenever we lose a match and sell the **** players who try and complain.

ReputationRep:
    Teabagging the carcass of a dead player.

I know, I'm one sick son of a b****!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Walked into a city in Skyrim and used the 'storm call' shout. Those bloody imperials never knew what him 'em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Video games provide us with a safe, healthy environment to vent frustration and anger. But have(redudant word) have you ever done something really ethically questionable on a game before? I know that any of you who have played any of the Grand Theft Auto series will obviously have committed mass murder in game (:p:), but I'm looking for examples of ingenious but dastardly uses of games for essentially cheap thrills.

I think most of us are guilty of locking a Sim in a room with no door and letting them burn to death... but fire off some of your worst crimes against digital humanity. Rep for the best examples
    Any game that allows killing people (most Action and RPG titles) can join too.
    What did unethical things you did in games, Vlad?

ReputationRep:
    This really shows that people are potentially sadistic creatures and that if we don't act on these drives on real life is because we don't want to (self-regulation).

ReputationRep:
    Assassin's Creed II:
    Giving a guard the poison that makes him swing his sword wildly. Throwing money round the flailing guard to make a crowd of civilians rush up to him. Watching carnage ensue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vian)
    Oh yes, that's it! I'd even show my nephews/nieces when they came over, but they never quite enjoyed it :dry:.

Strangely enough, I never seemed to enjoy it as much in Ratchet & Clank, except in the city levels. Trying to land on a hovercar before plummeting to your death is always a nice challenge!
    So many hours spent in that tunnel in Metropolis near the starting location with the golden bolt, shooting/wrenching perfectly innocent cars out the air.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a game-master on an online mmporg gaming site and I would abuse my awesome powers and teleport in-game characters to various maps trapping them, take over their account and send messages from them to other players, spy on them - the amount of things you can find out from private chats, various character controls like stunning/throwing across maps/altering their training gear, oh and the combination of stunning + bombing them.
    It was fun, too bad it got sued and shut down.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I do a fair bit of scamming on Eve Online. Although there it isn't really considered ethically questionable so I guess that doesn't count.

ReputationRep:
    Dismembering bodies in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and then re-arranging the bodie parts to spell out swear words.

Childish. I'm 26. :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm responsible for the death of many billion humans and aliens in Mass Effect 3. That's obviously a heavy burden on my soul.

ReputationRep:
    Created a circle in minecraft

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Great Lord Xenu)
    Assassin's Creed II:
    Giving a guard the poison that makes him swing his sword wildly. Throwing money round the flailing guard to make a crowd of civilians rush up to him. Watching carnage ensue.
    I am so gonna try that next time I play!

ReputationRep:
    I have a new confession to make. I was playing DayZ yesterday and I sadistically toyed with a fellow surrvivor. I bumped into him as he was being chased by a horde of zombies, I was fully kitted with an M16 and ammo but all the poor guy was a hatchet. We ran into an industrial building, where I decided to shoot his legs so he couldn't walk and proceed to let the horde of zombies maul him to death as I escaped through the other door.

ReputationRep:
    In Ace Combat 0, I used to destroy everything I could. Which was one of the mission targets I guess. But I never liked doing it.

I'm going to make an ethical gaming stuff thread.

ReputationRep:
    americas army 2.8

i would drive the jeep full of my teammates to out of border zone and then would jump out of the jeep killing everyone inside

in runescape i became a master at "trimming" armour

ReputationRep:
    always, always tormenting the cuccos in LoZ. mine isnt as hardcore as some of those on here haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolipanda)
    always, always tormenting the cuccos in LoZ. mine isnt as hardcore as some of those on here haha
    Hehe I used to do that. I liked to torment the pigs in Wind Waker too
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the stuff mentioned in here already Grand theft Auto 4 actually has lots of ethically questionable moments...

Walking Dead season one has many of these moments in it but I don't want to spoil things for everyone.

I always do seem to be 'good' in games. I keep meaning to play bad but I can't seem to bring myself to do it.

ReputationRep:
    I denies our Gragas one of the most well played pentakills I've ever seen as Sona. I know, I'm a ****ing scumbag.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.