Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "What Film Is This?" Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Want to find out the title of a film...

Basically, I watched it in 2011 on Sky Movies so it's relatively recent. It's about a student in college in America who wants to make a documentary about what scares people - the student ends up filming people as he recreates their fears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egog0)
    Watched this video when I was tiny, but I never got over it, it was pretty horrific.
    There's a scene with a little poverty strivken boy dancing with his first love and she has an epileptic fit and scares him.
    There's a scene where his neighbor gets really depressed and locks his room, the little boy strolls past and sees water flowing out the room, he bashes into the room and sees the guy lying dead over the sink.
    There's a scene when the little boy gets so hungry that he cuts pictures of food out of a magazine, puts them on a plate for him and his little brother and they eat them with knives and forks.
    The final scene they like trick the mean security gaurd type guy into losing all the keys to the rooms that none of them could afford to pay rent for, and he was trying to kick them out, and then he tries to lock their room but can't.
    Uhhhhm, I think that's all i remember. It really freaking terrified me a little'un, so I'd like to relive it... as you do.
    The King of the Hill?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107322/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    The King of the Hill?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107322/
    Holy cow, yes, I think you're right! That's amazing, it's not understatement to say I've been looking for this fil for about 14 years.
    You brilliant person!

ReputationRep:
    I watched this film when i was younger. It was about two mice, and there was this evil woman, the mice found some diamonds, the mice got on a plane. I also remember something about crocodiles and a speed boat. It was a Disney film if that helps. Bit of a vague description but i cannot remember much

(Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
      I watched this film when i was younger. It was about two mice, and there was this evil woman, the mice found some diamonds, the mice got on a plane. I also remember something about crocodiles and a speed boat. It was a Disney film if that helps. Bit of a vague description but i cannot remember much
      The Rescuers?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
      The Rescuers!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Steevee)
      The Rescuers!
      (Original post by tehFrance)
      The Rescuers?
      Yes! That's it I really want to watch it again now. Thanks

ReputationRep:
      I saw this film a few years ago, it was a horror film set in a hospital where some doctors and nurses accidently kill a patient so take in another one to cover it up. Then it was quite confusing with green and red blood and one by one the doctors and nurses die. I think it was either Japanese or Korean.

ReputationRep:
      Hi all,

Need help finding a film please.

My friends description of the film was this (his descprition may not be 100% accurate)....

40 chinese people are on an island and given weapons, e.g. one gets a gun but another gets a compass.

It is basically like a death match where the last person standing wins and surives.

What film is this please??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
      Battle Royale

They are school kids and they are japanese...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by penguinsoldier)
      Battle Royale

They are school kids and they are japanese...
      Thank you.

ReputationRep:
      Hello so im not very sure about the date of my film or anything like that but i do have a clip of it from a fan made youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xY1h...eature=related

if someone could please take the time to have a look the film i would like to see appers at 26 seconds. thanks very much x

ReputationRep:
      I watched part of a film a little while ago, but never managed to catch the title of it. I was wondering if anybody here could help me out. I started watching it about two thirds of the way in, it was a comedy, and the general premise of it was that of a beer drinking tournament which took place in Germany. Has anyone seen it?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by raaadha_x)
      Hello so im not very sure about the date of my film or anything like that but i do have a clip of it from a fan made youtube video.

if someone could please take the time to have a look the film i would like to see appers at 26 seconds. thanks very much x
      The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Pareidolia)
      I watched part of a film a little while ago, but never managed to catch the title of it. I was wondering if anybody here could help me out. I started watching it about two thirds of the way in, it was a comedy, and the general premise of it was that of a beer drinking tournament which took place in Germany. Has anyone seen it?
      Beerfest I think, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486551/

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by chancellorroberts)
      Beerfest I think, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486551/
      Yes, that's the one. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by raaadha_x)

Is it the creepy guy clip or the dancing women?

ReputationRep:
      the creepy guy with the mask who touches the wall and then it goes black x

ReputationRep:
      I was just a little girl when I saw this film and remember just some glimpses:

- a man goes to the top of a pyramid/stairs (?) and there's a big pyre/fire at the top, people are looking at it
      - a big bird (eagle) is connected with all of this

and maybe, if I'm not mistaken
      - quicksand?

I seem to remember a some kind of Indiana-Jonesy feel about the film, but it's not that It's old, 80's maybe? 70's?
      Yes I know, it's not much.

ReputationRep:
      So i remember this movie I used to watch when I was young.

All i can remember is that there was a little boy in it who (i think) was sent by his mum to go get tomatoes or something. But somehow he gets captured and is held captive by this evil man. He has loads of kids, and they are all like trapped in these slime balls or something.

Toward the end of the film the boy helps free them all, and im pretty sure the movie ends with him walking away singing a song about the tomatoes.

I might sound like im on crack, but thats the closest i can remember to what happened in it. I've tried google etc and cant seem to find it.

HELP!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.