University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
me7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hello everyone I was just wondering if anyone going to the open day could do me a huge favour! I cant get up there for the open day so if anyone could take pictures of any of the accommodation they go and see or give their opinions it would be very nice.
Wish I could go! Can't decide but looking at the Tannery and JB at the moment...
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
I like my ancients, especially with architecture.

That's the only way you'd possibly apply to DH? :tongue:
i know couple of my friends do. But i like it modern and gadgety

i could stop by it on Saturday i guess. It seems good tbh but also...ancient
Prose Before Hoes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ooh, I've just been checking bus pass prices; there are a lot of passes available on here: https://www.firstgroup.com/students/leeds/ does anyone know which is the most popular that will get you to all of the essentials? I'm thinking the £99 one seems to be alright?

Edit: Bit premature in asking but I'm trying to get a good idea of how much needs to be saved beforehand
keds1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
Why is nobody applying to Devonshire Hall?
I AM I AM I AM!
.... possibly ;D
keds1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Haha...that would suck a bit, lights out early? WTF? :lol: :rofl: haha exactly. I'm not , i'm a medic reject (twice) so decided to go with medical engineering , i like lit at GCSE, but was fairly useless at it. What grades do you need for criminology?l:
ooh where did I see english lit then! And HAHAH oh my days same. Well not a medic reject per se, I dont even have the correct A Level predictions... so biochemistry/chemistry it is!
But medical engineering sounds proper fun anyway, I looked at it! Criminology? LOL, no idea... erm BBB?
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by keds1)
ooh where did I see english lit then! And HAHAH oh my days same. Well not a medic reject per se, I dont even have the correct A Level predictions... so biochemistry/chemistry it is!
But medical engineering sounds proper fun anyway, I looked at it! Criminology? LOL, no idea... erm BBB?
i think was prose before hoes and someone else. I should be doing biochem since i plan on Grad entry but i miss physics a bit (i'm not as geeky as i sound, honest :lol:). I thought you were doing criminology
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Prose Before Hoes)
Ooh, I've just been checking bus pass prices; there are a lot of passes available on here: https://www.firstgroup.com/students/leeds/ does anyone know which is the most popular that will get you to all of the essentials? I'm thinking the £99 one seems to be alright?

Edit: Bit premature in asking but I'm trying to get a good idea of how much needs to be saved beforehand
I like the £55 one, summing it goes to headingley, hardly gonna go to the rest of west yorkshire
Prose Before Hoes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
I like the £55 one, summing it goes to headingley, hardly gonna go to the rest of west yorkshire
Yeah, on a second look the £55 one will do find for anything...definitely going to need it if I get CD for accommodation Gosh, I'm way too excited seeing as it's only the end of March now.
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, on a second look the £55 one will do find for anything...definitely going to need it if I get CD for accommodation Gosh, I'm way too excited seeing as it's only the end of March now.
Haha I've been buzzing for nearly over a yr. I'll start with a week pass just to see how it pans out. Not sure how much I'll manage to save, need new laptop and probs get a tv
Prose Before Hoes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Haha I've been buzzing for nearly over a yr. I'll start with a week pass just to see how it pans out. Not sure how much I'll manage to save, need new laptop and probs get a tv
Same! Eugh, I'll probably stick with this crappy netbook and just save for a TV though. What does it mean by this IPTV?
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Same! Eugh, I'll probably stick with this crappy netbook and just save for a TV though. What does it mean by this IPTV?
I think it means internet tv, like be able to watch tv on your laptop? not sure tbh

haha i've recent lost my letter 'y' and 'u', had to get the hinge fixed couple of weeks ago, i wanna see if there'll be a suitable place for a tv before i buy it, and i'll probably be in uni first cos mum would nag if i brought one now.
Prose Before Hoes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
I think it means internet tv, like be able to watch tv on your laptop? not sure tbh

haha i've recent lost my letter 'y' and 'u', had to get the hinge fixed couple of weeks ago, i wanna see if there'll be a suitable place for a tv before i buy it, and i'll probably be in uni first cos mum would nag if i brought one now.
I'll probably scour shop notice boards and buy one second hand...as long as it does the job I will be happy as Larry Y & U?! Do you have to tap those little rubber things? I feel for you, truly...have some of mine yuyuyuyuyuyuyuyuyuyuyuyu
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'll probably scour shop notice boards and buy one second hand...as long as it does the job I will be happy as Larry Y & U?! Do you have to tap those little rubber things? I feel for you, truly...have some of mine yuyuyuyuyuyuyuyuyuyuyuyu
bought*. Haha, Larry. Not heard that one before , i have a 300 budget if i meet my targets saving. If i got one i wouldn't mind sharing tbh. Haha Yea sounds like you've been in my situation before :rofl: how generous
Prose Before Hoes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
bought*. Haha, Larry. Not heard that one before , i have a 300 budget if i meet my targets saving. If i got one i wouldn't mind sharing tbh. Haha Yea sounds like you've been in my situation before :rofl: how generous
Ah, the days of high school when people thought it was funny to steal the music computer's keys...if you weren't capable of touch typing, you were screwed Yeah, me too...probably offer to let people watch it and what not
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ah, the days of high school when people thought it was funny to steal the music computer's keys...if you weren't capable of touch typing, you were screwed Yeah, me too...probably offer to let people watch it and what not
:rofl: i tried avoiding those two letters at first, then i had to slow down for it, but i'm now used to it , the guy wanted to fix it for £5 each, and i'm buying a new laptop soon enough so no point

:yep: might be a ***** when you just wanna sleep or be alone tho
Prose Before Hoes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
:rofl: i tried avoiding those two letters at first, then i had to slow down for it, but i'm now used to it , the guy wanted to fix it for £5 each, and i'm buying a new laptop soon enough so no point

:yep: might be a ***** when you just wanna sleep or be alone tho
I'm sure people will respect a closed door ...or I'll have to have some serious words :boxing:
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm sure people will respect a closed door ...or I'll have to have some serious words :boxing:
lol, fair enough
Mo-Amin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Clarence Dock seems too good to be true haha... Really cba going Leeds on Saturday though...

*looks for youtube videos on accommodation*
- Major -
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is it true that henry price bathroom is shared by two people with two doors from their rooms and no locks?
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
4 and a half hours to get to Leeds :sigh:

A part of me cba to go...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads