24.74%
Tom (125)
43.55%
natalie9234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i feel that edward redeemed himself slightly on youre fired, he was quite amusing
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by natalie9234)
i feel that edward redeemed himself slightly on youre fired, he was quite amusing
Did you not find him amusing on the show?! He was hilarious (unintentionally of course)
HpFreak_Amy7192
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok, just seen both the main show and You're Fired on iplayer and here are my thoughts:

1. Does Leon remind anyone else of Glyn, the Welsh guy who was on Big Brother a few years ago? (Same series as Imogen Thomas, think it was series 6)

2. Edward came across better on YF. Think he was just trying to show he was versatile, and it happened to backfire massively. He should have taken Alex into the boardroom rather than Gavin.

3. Melody, as much as I hate to say it, will probably go quite far. Think she will fall down at the interview stage though (if she gets there)

4. Edna seems to have it in for Susan. From the preview clip, it looks as though Edna is the PM at the next task, and judging by a further clip, it seems that the girls lose the task. If they do, Susan will definitely be in the boardroom with her.

5. The boys seem to have a much better chance. Most or nearly all of them were shown in some form in last night's episode, whereas with the girls, the only focus was on Edna, Melody and Susan.

6. Thomas seems to be an interesting one. Don't think he or Alex would do well if they were PM.

7. Early favourites - Jim, Glenn, Susan.

8. Was that Scott Maslen during the preview clip with the guys? If not then whoever it was sounded exactly like him.

Will have to watch on iplayer again as BBC doesn't seem to work on my TV for some reason.....
natalie9234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Did you not find him amusing on the show?! He was hilarious (unintentionally of course)
yeah haha, basically i was laughing at him on the main show and laughing with him on youre fired.
bainsy93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Edward, what a mad man :P what was with the random bits of sentences! truly cringe worthy!! and when he left the boardroom, BLIMEY!!!
and that edna seems to come across as a bit of a backstabber, not a fan of her!
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dudleyian)
Aha was that from my post history? What office are you at?

True we're no.5 but definitely the best

Yeah PWC's worldwide turnover is ridiculous and they are massive; funny how they kept bigging it up without naming them though; bet they didn't want the BBC to say
Lol yep, London Finsbury Sq, and you? Haha I knew it was going to be one of the Big4 was just curious as to who, bbc and their stupid discretionary crap!
Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Mos Def)
Lol yep, London Finsbury Sq, and you? Haha I knew it was going to be one of the Big4 was just curious as to who, bbc and their stupid discretionary crap!
Sheffield for me 12 month placement! So excited! Do you start on 4th July? (PM me if you like to avoid hijacking this thread haha)
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hravan)
"Does anybody actually know how to make soup?"

Their faces: :rofl:
I thought it was a bit like the Churchill car insurance adverts:

"We could do this!"
"Oh yes! :yep:"
"We could do that!"
"Do any of us actually know how to do that?"
"Er ... no. :getmecoat:"
Ladipidoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Melody pissed me off a bit. What Susan said was so true.
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheSownRose)
I thought it was a bit like the Churchill car insurance adverts:

"We could do this!"
"We could do that!"
"Do any of us actually know how to do that?"
"Er ... no. :getmecoat:"
Brilliant example. :gthumb:

I'm going to mark my favourite out early-on, and say it's Jim (assuming Jim is the [Northern] Irish man).

"Roll with the punches" and "don't tell me the sky's the limit when there's footprints on the Moon" are my favourite cocky/ridiculous Apprentice quotes thus far.
Ladipidoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is the "Lord Sugar will see you now" lady different this series? :ninja:
slacker07906
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
spoiler- Edna leaves

OJ I don't know but I reckon she is going to
Duck and Cover
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ladipidoo)
Yeah she's rubbish. It's one line girl, put a bit of oomph into it!!
flowermaster91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ladipidoo)
yh, the one before was a white woman :ninja:

Yesterdays episode was really good not liking that black woman though (forgot her name) she needs to fix her weave coz it's looking off point atm :no:
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What I liked about the first episode is that it shows just how simple it is to start a business.
beccibell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can assure you it was a top firm; was so funny in lectures today taking the mick out of all the soon to be PWC trainees
Was it really???
beccibell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sheffield for me 12 month placement! So excited! Do you start on 4th July? (PM me if you like to avoid hijacking this thread haha)
Yes PM him for sure
Mos Def
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha okay i'll sprinkle it with some apprentice talk...

I like that inventor guy! And is it me or does melodies overly annunciating accent annoy anyone else?
slacker07906
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Roobsa)
What I liked about the first episode is that it shows just how simple it is to start a business.
Whatever \ /. One episode of the apprentice demonstrates how easy it is to set up a business? Get off you're high horse and get back to reality :rolleyes: To set up a business can take a lifetime and one of the most time consuming jobs...I would know. My mum has her own business and she's never home, thus she never even has the time to do anything for herself! Sorry but don't like sterotypical statments whether it was a joke or not, that's irrelevant!
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Haha, I totally agree! I watched this just now on iPlayer, and that guy just gave me all the laughs! :laugh: Love it, great programme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.48%
No - but I will (62)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise