POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
mynameisq
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey Obama, pics or gtfo!
imperial maniac
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rule_of_law)
not quite. He's now a martyr. Al Qaeda is not one man, it is a system of beliefs. Quite unbeatable really. It was probably a bad move to kill him.
Hmm, I hope he doesn't become a martyr, but he probably will.
vilongo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by irn-bru)
I guess you'll be happy when Bush and Obama die, as they have been responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths of innocent lives.
Ok, listen you and the rest of the "why are you celebrating a dead man's death" trolls:

I realize you were awe inspired by the reaction two other trolls here got from s
Pretending to feel sympathy and disgust from a n murder knowing damn well why people are happy. Yes, our countries leaders are imperialist , murderers , and what not. However, the fact that you and me are both benefiting from those deaths puts us both, unjustifiably, in danger amongst a people who are just as ignorant about the difference between the countries government, and its people. Bin laden didn't attack country army barracks. He didn't attack government officials in the white house: he attacked the people who had nothing to do with their country men's death--whether it was innocent and justifiable in their discretion. Im sure neither one of us would harm a fly, much less innocent people. But the fact that "they did" onto innocent people, and not the ones who actually make the decisions, has made people in our countries even more so gloatful about the misfortunes of many of their people. Osama didn't represent all Muslims, nor did he actually kill the American infidels as much as he killed his own "innocent people." He ordered counter attacks on our military at the expense of his own innocent peoples lives. The insurgents are not humans to respectable Muslims across the world, and theyre certainly not human to westerners. A lack of coherent, and rational diplomacy is what desenzatized, and deincentavized westerners from wanting any less than osamas head on a stick.
in_your_face
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lou_Ferrigno)
uh, boss, that's verifiably untrue. you've been reading too much horatio hornblower - "buried in the sea" wtf? you made that up.

they have the body. also, it'd be a little macabre for the president to show pictures on international TV, so i'm not surprised the pics didn't come out at that time.
read on BBC, he was "buried in the sea"
surina_xxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
about time!
ihaveyourcat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No he was burried at sea to avoid his grave becoming a shrine for his followers apparently
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am against state sanction killing but I'm not some snotty liberal who will have trouble sleeping over the news Osama Bin Laden is dead. I won't defend mass murderers.
Nash24
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Alexisonfire)
Thing is though, the US has no reason to lie about it.
Of course they do.
The timing of his death is so convenient, it's come right in the middle of Obama's re-election campaign. He's currently a hero in America, no doubt his campaign will be effected in a good way.
lawology
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think they would say he was dead if they weren't ABSOLUTELY sure. Can you imagine the reaction if he popped up in the next few years saying 'hey guys, still here...hurhurhur.' and it's not as if the US government and Bin Laden have such a great relationship they could ask him to 'lie low' for a little while...How would that go?
Obama: Look Bin Laden, I know we've had our differences in the past, but I'd really like to be re elected and your death would really help my poll numbers...Just do me a favour and no more video's for a while - yeah?
Bin Laden:... -.-
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ihaveyourcat)
No he was burried at sea to avoid his grave becoming a shrine for his followers apparently
Regardless of why, its still open to causing loads of conspiracies. The fact that they didn't provide any evidence etc fuels people's thoughts that it's all a bit of a farce.
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
I find it hard to believe things that are just said without evidence. If he is dead then fair enough but it'd be far more believable (and there'll be less conspiracy theories) if they had provided some, or any, form of evidence.
If they really did bury him already then be assured that they've provided ammo for the right wing.
I said it before: I want video evidence of this. DNA results and all of that. It needs to be empirical , otherwise the entire claims will forever be a moot point.
Guru Jason
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by in_your_face)
That's all weird.

No photographic evidence (apart from some blurry pictures that show some dead Arab - could be anyone)
His body "was buried in the sea" - yeah, right.

I think USA has been chasing a ghost and just found some random similar-looking arab, killed him and now celebrate "we killed number 1 terrorist".

Either Bin Laden has been dead for some years, or he is still alive, but he was not killed by the US soldiers yesterday.

Maybe Osama Bin Laden never even existed.

They're probably laundering money, or something.
He didnt die yesterday... He was killed last August. read the bbc.
imperial maniac
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1- Obama lies to the entire world, risking a counter attack from al Qaeda agents for the sake of cheering some Americans up a bit.

2- he's telling the truth.

I think no 2 is more likely tbh.
U.S Lecce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"U S and A! U S and A!" :borat:
admbeatmaker
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I haven't for a second believed that he is dead. I am too skeptical of the American Governments' actions.
JGR
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He died in a fire-fight, along with several others. It's not like they took him behind a shed and shot him.
Legally speaking, that is good enough for the Americans and Pakistanis.
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by vilongo)
If they really did bury him already then be assured that they've provided ammo for the right wing.
I said it before: I want video evidence of this. DNA results and all of that. It needs to be empirical , otherwise the entire claims will forever be a moot point.
Lol, DNA evidence is a little far. A video or picture would at least set people's minds at 'rest' that it is in fact true. At the moment ANYTHING could be made of the situation.
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Even if they faked his death I think they'd only dare to do so if they had evidence of what we've all suspected for a while anyway - that the man has been dead for years already. But instead of saying, "oh yeah, we found out that he died in some cave in 2007", they want to make a big propaganda event out of it, and say the US actually killed him to death themselves, as opposed to, I dunno, dysentery or something. I suppose that's kind of possible.
If there's any chance he's still alive it's simply too big of a gamble to lie.

I'm never much of a conspiracy believer anyway but I really do believe the guy is dead.
VickyTink
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Guru Jason)
He didnt die yesterday... He was killed last August. read the bbc.
Nope, the lead first came about in August. If you read again you'll see that August was when they first found out where he was hiding/living in Pakistan.
Beska
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Blah blah blah conspiracy theory blah blah blah.

Shut up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed