The Student Room Group

OCR C4 (not mei) 18th June 2013 revision

Scroll to see replies

I hope the fact that I haven done all the past papers doesn't disadvantage me much :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn I messed up my revision by doing too much bio! D: I want to get an A but I am messing up everywhere! T_T
I can't sleep.... This is bad
Original post by ihatepeople37
I can't sleep.... This is bad

join me on my attempt at an all nighter T_T I went into c3 with 4 hours revision. Found it pretty fine. I need at least 6 hours for C4. Only done like 3 :/
Original post by Stickyelmo
join me on my attempt at an all nighter T_T I went into c3 with 4 hours revision. Found it pretty fine. I need at least 6 hours for C4. Only done like 3 :/

That makes me feel a bit better knowing someone else is gonna be up for a while yet .... And if I can sleep I will cos I have done a fair bit of revising over the past week
Original post by ihatepeople37
That makes me feel a bit better knowing someone else is gonna be up for a while yet .... And if I can sleep I will cos I have done a fair bit of revising over the past week

:smile:

I got a lil' question which shouldn't be too much but if you just learn what sin^2x is integrated into and cos^2x can I just put that down rather than going through all the steps? I make many many errors doing it via the steps
:smile:

I got a lil' question which shouldn't be too much but if you just learn what sin^2x is integrated into and cos^2x can I just put that down rather than going through all the steps? I make many many errors doing it via the steps

Yeah I guess so if you can learn it well enough.... Might lose one method mark but might not as well
Two week ago I was getting As in this, after not touching it for 2 weeks I barely get Bs! :< Super sad
Do you really just use the chain rule to differentiate trig stuff? :redface: Thought its too easy
Reply 349
Damn I messed up my revision by doing too much bio! D: I want to get an A but I am messing up everywhere! T_T

Im in exact same position as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone explain how to do question 6) on the January 2012 paper please? (http://ocr.org.uk/Images/79453-question-paper-unit-4724-core-mathematics-4.pdf)
Still awake .... Oh god I'm gonna **** up tomorrow
Reply 352
Original post by Pineapple.
Can anyone explain how to do question 6) on the January 2012 paper please? (http://ocr.org.uk/Images/79453-question-paper-unit-4724-core-mathematics-4.pdf)

Ah, if I remember it right, you have to do the volume of revolution of the sin graph and cos graph separately

The sin graph will be rotated between the limits 0 and 1/4pi
The cos graph will be rotated between the limits 1/4pi and 1/2 pi

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 353
Original post by Namrah
Ah, if I remember it right, you have to do the volume of revolution of the sin graph and cos graph separately

The sin graph will be rotated between the limits 0 and 1/4pi
The cos graph will be rotated between the limits 1/4pi and 1/2 pi

Posted from TSR Mobile

And then you add the two I think to get the total area of R

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm really stuck on u substitution. Thats messing everything up for me.

How do I u subsitute:
1/1+sqrt(X) and get 2+2ln(3/4)

2:23AM and I get my first u subsitution like a fricken bawss! LEARN MORE!

3:58AM what is a unit vector o.0

6:37AM Had a 2 hours power nap then a quick shower. Hopefully I can remember what I "learnt" if anything at all :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 355
Original post by Pineapple.

Does anyone know how to do Question 8 from the jan 2012 paper!!!! PLease
Original post by master y
Does anyone know how to do Question 8 from the jan 2012 paper!!!! PLease

where is thee stuck on it? http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/135288-mark-scheme-unit-4724-core-mathematics-4-june.pdf Mark scheme is pretty straight forward. I'm not sure about part A because I keep getting a 1/3 :/
I dont know if this is the best thread I cant find any others about this exact exam, but here's the paper (sorry for the scribbles)

Could someone get a mark scheme up or find Mr M??? I didnt think the paper was that bad, I need a C from it and Im confident I have that...

But yeah, mark scheme anyone??

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371549351.854279.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1371549369.066325.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just come out of the exam I think it went well, has anyone got a markscheme so I can look at it please :smile:
Original post by katherinej.
Just come out of the exam I think it went well, has anyone got a markscheme so I can look at it please :smile:

No Katherine, you can foff

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending