The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spwills
They're definitely not temporary, it's just that those who are sharing a room are the first to be considered for a single room if somebody who has one drops out of uni. I have been given a shared room and I have been looking into house sharing as an alternative, but it is so hard to find flatmates! Has anybody been given a shared room in Woodland Court?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what my email confirming I had accommodation said:

Be aware that the room allocation will most likely be one of two outcomes;

- A single room in one of University Residences in the City Centre

- A temporary shared room (two students per bedroom) in one of our campus residences

Those allocated a temporary shared room should realise it may be November or December before we are able to assign you your own single occupancy room. If assigned a temporary shared room we will do our best to match you with someone who has similar schedules and daily routines
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 341
Original post by firebolt
This is what my email confirming I had accommodation said:

Be aware that the room allocation will most likely be one of two outcomes;

- A single room in one of University Residences in the City Centre

- A temporary shared room (two students per bedroom) in one of our campus residences

Those allocated a temporary shared room should realise it may be November or December before we are able to assign you your own single occupancy room. If assigned a temporary shared room we will do our best to match you with someone who has similar schedules and daily routines

Oh, mine just said that I had been allocated a shared room and that they would try to match me with somebody from my faculty.

I phoned the university and they said it was the only thing they could offer me. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spwills
Oh, mine just said that I had been allocated a shared room and that they would try to match me with somebody from my faculty.

I phoned the university and they said it was the only thing they could offer me. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, does that mean there is no city accommodation left?

Anyway I will find out in the next few days, I hate this wait!
Hello everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this (I'd hazard a guess that it is) but my name's Ben and I've been allocated accommodation in Eastwood House as a first year studying Natural Sciences. Anybody else living in Eastwood? It'd be great to get in contact with people before I got to Uni :biggrin:
Reply 344
Original post by spwills
They're definitely not temporary, it's just that those who are sharing a room are the first to be considered for a single room if somebody who has one drops out of uni. I have been given a shared room and I have been looking into house sharing as an alternative, but it is so hard to find flatmates! Has anybody been given a shared room in Woodland Court?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup. They emailed me today.
Reply 345
Original post by 17summers
Yup. They emailed me today.

It would be nice to find out who we are with!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still haven't heard :frown: Do you know what the deal is with shared rooms? I know there temporary, does that mean one of the people gets to keep the room? And where would they put you after?

No,no.I was allocated a shared room at Eastwood.It is for both students for the whole year.There are 2 beds,2 desks,etc in it and 2 students live there.
Original post by miss_kristin
No,no.I was allocated a shared room at Eastwood.It is for both students for the whole year.There are 2 beds,2 desks,etc in it and 2 students live there.

Oh right. I wonder why they said on that email temporary then :/ Oh well, If I do end up getting shared it would be strange sleeping in the same room as someone I don't know.
What time about are emails sent? It's changed to allocated on the application thing and now I am checking emails constantly haha.
Reply 349
What time about are emails sent? It's changed to allocated on the application thing and now I am checking emails constantly haha.

My one got sent around 12pm. Check your university email account as well. :smile:
Been put in "The Lodge" wherever that is in a shared room. No information about it though. Considering it isn't mentioned on the website I feel a bit put out. It apparently only holds 14 undergraduates in total.

Edit: Just found out it is part of Westwood C which makes me feel better, I thought it was going to be just some random building on it's own haha.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 351
Interesting, In a shared room in Eastwood at £60 per week, and an email said I get given £35 a week for food on campus as there are "limited" cooking facilities there.

Suspicious of getting charged £25 a week for a room! What is Eastwood like?
Reply 352
Hey guys, I've made a terrible mistake. I forgot to accept my accommodation offer and just realized it My expiry date is 09/09 and I wonder whether it is too late to confirm now...already sent an e-mail to Accommodation office
Original post by dawn27
Hey guys, I've made a terrible mistake. I forgot to accept my accommodation offer and just realized it My expiry date is 09/09 and I wonder whether it is too late to confirm now...already sent an e-mail to Accommodation office

Only they can answer that I'm afraid. Best of luck though and let us know what happens!
Reply 354
Original post by ChelseyElla
Only they can answer that I'm afraid. Best of luck though and let us know what happens!

Thx! It is myself to be blamed, though...:/
Reply 355
I just phoned the Accommodation office and they said I'm still ok to pay for my room:smile: That' a relief!
I was given a temporary shared room at Woodland Court but now it has been changed to John Wood Court. I would have preferred the shared one tbh since it's cheaper and I don't have to get the bus every day.
Reply 357
Anyone been able to confirm the endsleigh insurance? Mine keeps saying the policy number is incorrect...
Original post by 101101
Anyone been able to confirm the endsleigh insurance? Mine keeps saying the policy number is incorrect...

So does mine.
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

I work in Admissions at Bath so thought I would post a reply.

You should shortly receive an email from us with details of how to apply for accommodation.

You will need to wait at least 48 hours from when you choose us as your Firm option at UCAS until you can apply for accommodation as we do not receive notification of your decision from UCAS immediately.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for posting from Admissions! I'm hoping to attend Bath in 2014, and firmed you on the 3rd April. Will I be okay to apply for accommodation on the 8th? Is the weekend counted in the 48 hours? Kind regards and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Latest