Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A few comments, but nothing like the **** some are describing on here. People are so cruel.

ReputationRep:
    Many times I've been told I'm ugly, and I've always been 'the ugly one' out of every group of friends I have.

I don't remember anything specific being said about why I'm unattractive which I suppose you could consider an upside because it may just be people being an arse, but instead I've got a list of unattractive things about myself that I've determined. I suppose I've been called Casper the ghost because I am pretty pale, but it's funny because I was out clubbing one night when I saw the lad who called me Casper and who had threatened to set my hair alight for no reason (my hair was, and still is very long). He can't say anything about anyone, he's extremely overweight and looks like a pig.

At the end of the day, I can only work with what I've got. In the near future I am dying my hair, of which I can't wait for because it's something I've always wanted to do. I always feel I've changed the least out of how I look from everyone I know. I find it insulting when people say ''Eee you haven't changed a bit!''. It makes me think why have I put in so much effort make up wise and clothing wise to improve my self esteem and move away from the days when I was called ugly, to be told I haven't changed?

ReputationRep:
    In high school we had a yearbook comparison page and it was generally a jokey section of the yearbook however it was proposed(although thankfully not printed) that my lookalike was the slightly insane biology teacher(nervous,frizzy mousy brown hair,pale..i.e ME) which made me feel pretty awkward.

I was at a guy friends house once and as I came into his room,he went downstairs to get some snacks as we were watching a film and said I should make myself comfy. I went over to his computer to put on some music and show him a funny blog post I had read earlier and as I did so a chat window popped up as the screensaver dissolved..a girl he had been chatting to had asked him what he was up to,he mentioned me,she asked if I was pretty and teasedh im about having a girl over and he replied with 'eww ahah no way,I don't see her that way'

ReputationRep:
    I put on a bit of weight in year 11 and someone made a Facebook account, added me and then posted comments on my photos calling me a whale, fat, disgusting etc. Then shared loads of my photos with really nasty captions.

ReputationRep:
    No I was never insulted. But come to think of it never complimented really.

ReputationRep:
    I read the first five or so comments and I am now thoroughly annoyed with humanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndiaCaitlinn)
    I put on a bit of weight in year 11 and someone made a Facebook account, added me and then posted comments on my photos calling me a whale, fat, disgusting etc. Then shared loads of my photos with really nasty captions.
    Thats awful

Some people are so sad though, making a facebook account just to call you names!!

ReputationRep:
    I was once on a facebook page and a guy commented 'Someone looks like a downer'
    Nice.

ReputationRep:
    ive been ugly quite a few times, i then started to wear make up and contact lenses, definatley made a difference, especially the contacts, but after a year of feeling that maybe im abit attractive, now ive started to realise im actually pretty ugly, without make up im ugly, with makeup i can still be quite ugly. however,ive accepted it now, i dont care, nobody gives a **** what you look like, just be a nice person and no one is going to start calling you ugly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)
    "You'd make an attractive guy" is the best compliment I've ever received
    Did they add this at the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Did they add this at the end?
    You watch Awkward.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Been insulted about looks pretty much all my life , its hard to deal with knowing that the odds are no one will ever find you attractive and wherever you go people are probably thinking what an ugly guy he is , but Ive reached a point where Ive just stopped caring , was majorly depressed from about 11-16 though , would come home and just play video games / watch tv shows (until I had to sleep)to drown out all the insults that I would get and stop brooding about how hideous I am . I don't know what I would do without my current friends , might have attempted something.

Throughout the late stages of primary school and most of secondary school I was picked on because I have a abnormally large and funny shaped head , its not something you can cover up . I also have a large bulbous nose , fat thick lips , bulgy out eyes . But basically people would often just make me feel so **** and low by insulting me whenever they saw fit to . Whenever I got into arguments with people and things got personal , they would always bring up my aesthetic and it just crushed my confidence.

Girls ive liked have told me pretty nasty things also
    These people are horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)
    You watch Awkward.?
    Nooooo. yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Nooooo. yes
    Me too. It taught me so much about life.

ReputationRep:
    Man I had the perfect gif to reply with, it was Valerie saying "get a cat" and I was going to say how I could tell. Couldn't find it though

ReputationRep:
    I overheard both the guys I had crushes on when I was younger say that I'm ugly or that they were embarrassed that I fancied them (and I heard people agree both times). Really knocked my confidence when it came to even thinking about dating anyone, and no-one was interested in me properly until I went to uni, so that made me feel like those guys must've been right.

It wasn't being insulted directly but I remember my friends once having a discussion about who was the prettiest out of our 'group' and everyone's name came up except mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    South London dude u
    Oh right East London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonksLupin)
    In high school we had a yearbook comparison page and it was generally a jokey section of the yearbook however it was proposed(although thankfully not printed) that my lookalike was the slightly insane biology teacher(nervous,frizzy mousy brown hair,pale..i.e ME) which made me feel pretty awkward.

I was at a guy friends house once and as I came into his room,he went downstairs to get some snacks as we were watching a film and said I should make myself comfy. I went over to his computer to put on some music and show him a funny blog post I had read earlier and as I did so a chat window popped up as the screensaver dissolved..a girl he had been chatting to had asked him what he was up to,he mentioned me,she asked if I was pretty and teasedh im about having a girl over and he replied with 'eww ahah no way,I don't see her that way'
    Yeah right... not desirable and a lier

tut tut

ReputationRep:
    Nah. I'm buff, fam😎

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonksLupin)

He probably just meant that he sees you as a good friend. It doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with your looks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.