Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The reason I lose marks in M2 is either typing things into my calculator wrong or stupidly missing out a force

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Well his motto is diagrams unlock understanding so it didn't surprise me at all and I'd rather do it the shortest method I could use, I don't really like writing that much

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Shortest methods are best, I agree, but sometimes I'm not very good at spotting the easy/short way to do a question Also I sometimes get really paranoid if I've done 3 lines of working for 6 marks or something...

ReputationRep:
    Probably a silly question, but proving something another way correctly yields full marks right?

Posted from the TSR iPad app

ReputationRep:
    M2, june 2012 question 3c. Why is the angle 75? :s why Fcos75?
    How do we work this angle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I don't see why the toppling thing wouldn't come up as its never been on any yet, as far as I know anyway. Plus there is a collisions question that asks to work out the total distance when a ball is dropped and it rebounds a lot of times. I don't think I've seen that yet either.

I'd rather just have a normal straightforward paper where they already supply the diagrams to the questions, as I'm too lazy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The example, I could just get part a. Could you please help with b and c?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniS)
    The reason I lose marks in M2 is either typing things into my calculator wrong or stupidly missing out a force
    you'll be fine tomorrow, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuya)
    Probably a silly question, but proving something another way correctly yields full marks right?

Yes. Make sure to be thorough though just in case you go wrong, so the examiner knows what direction you were headed in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MLogan)
    To work out P.E gain, K.E loss. Like the questions on pg 96 qs 46
    How do we find an expression for the energy in this question?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help with june 2006, question 8b. Its co-effiecients of restitution and i dont know why but i cant get my head around it :mad:argh

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    On question 2b June 2012, for some reason I got the inequality sign wrong Velocity of P is less than 0, so why is it not 0>2u(6e-1)/7

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question...we don't have to know about anything in Exercise 5C in the textbook about 'equilibrium of forces' and 'triangles' right? You can just do those types of questions by taking moments and resolving right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseLord)
    Just a quick question...we don't have to know about anything in Exercise 5C in the textbook about 'equilibrium of forces' and 'triangles' right? You can just do those types of questions by taking moments and resolving right?
    Yup thats just one method of doing it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Imagine a projectile travelling up for a while and then heading back down freely in gravity. Let upwards be positive. So the velocity as it hits the ground must be negative. But using v2 = u2 + 2as, you can never get a negative velocity despite substituting in negative acceleration, and possibly negative displacement. So did I just break physics ??? I can't seem to figure out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuya)
    Imagine a projectile travelling up for a while and then heading back down freely in gravity. Let upwards be positive. So the velocity as it hits the ground must be negative. But using v2 = u2 + 2as, you can never get a negative velocity despite substituting in negative acceleration, and possibly negative displacement. So did I just break physics ??? I can't seem to figure out...

It will always spit out a positive and a negative answer when you root that v2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LShirley95)
    It will always spit out a positive and a negative answer when you root that v2
    Oh yeah... My bad.

ReputationRep:
    june 2012 question 7c , https://e8c8970d-a-dbffc5af-s-sites....attredirects=0

can some one explain to me how to do it, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    what are you guys predicting that will come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RYRK)
    june 2012 question 7c , https://e8c8970d-a-dbffc5af-s-sites....attredirects=0

can some one explain to me how to do it, thanks.
    Have you worked out the angle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exams v__v)
    M2, june 2012 question 3c. Why is the angle 75? :s why Fcos75?
    How do we work this angle?
    There isn't a 3c...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuya)
    Have you worked out the angle?

yeah , but i dont understand why you do that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.